Was Brock Lesnar overrated or underrated as an MMA fighter?

Overrated or underrated?

• Total voters
Bout as advertised. Would have been interesting to see how he would have fared had he joined the sport earlier.

FIRST OF ALL MEA CULPA (My Bad) Good Call. I was misremembering it was Alister Overeem not AA. Sure it only took Brock 2 fights to get a win over Mir. I'm not exactly sure how one defines piss pounding, but Brock did indeed mug Mir for 2 ROUNDS to get the stopage. As a note it took Fedor less than 1 minute to PISS POUND Mir in his first try. They (Brock & Fedor) aren't going to fight and at this point even if they do, we'll only know how old Fedor and Old Brock do.... Additionally while I think it's awesome that you can absolutely see Fedor getting tapped by Mir.. I actually did see Brock getting tapped and it required no imagination 'cuz it was real. I'm not a real Fedor fan, but 39-6 compares favorably to 5-3. But, Conjecture away!

Would look exactly like Bigfoot-Fedor imo.

Brock lost to 29 year old Mir, than pounded him in a title fight. Fedoe-Mir was a farce in the B leagues and Mir hadnt fought in 2 years.

Last edited:
Purime Coleman or Ironhead wouldve sonned that boi

Delusional.

Lesnar woulda done terrible things to Coleman.

Herring, Mir, and Couture were all WAY better than "prime" Coleman...who dropped 3 straight to end his first ufc run and whose best win is realistically Igor.

Delusional.

Lesnar woulda done terrible things to Coleman.

Herring, Mir, and Couture were all WAY better than "prime" Coleman...who dropped 3 straight to end his first ufc run and whose best win is realistically Igor.
Herring's best wins are Igor and Kerr...

When did Lesnar get KO'd by AA?

Yes, I can absolutely see Fedor getting tapped by Mir...especially if given a BS ref restart in a fight he was dominating. . A concussed Mir tapped Nog fwiw
Lesnar piss pounded Mir in the rematch.
Nogueria was sick and/or past it when he fought Mir. Let's be real here, Mir was never in Noguerias league.

Kongo is a way better win than either
Kongo was 4 fights deep into the UFC at the time with his best victory being against Cro Cop repeatedly kneeing him in the balls for 15 minutes straight and somehow not being disqualified.

He was a nobody.

As advertised, however I think his chin is underrated (it's his reaction that sucks). But say what you want, he's never picked an easy fight in his very limited career ( except maybe his debut MMA fight)

I think he did way better than he was supposed to in MMA considering his lack of experience and training. Some of these guys started martial arts when they were 4-5 years old... and Lesnar came in the UFC, out of nowhere at 31yo, to beat seasoned veterans like Mir, Couture, Carwin, Herring who were "real" fighters.

Lesnar's an overachiever.

Sick and/of past it????

just stop lol... he was sick???? fuck off lol

It was a title fight
I mean yeah...pretty well known Nogueria had a staph infection. Literally looked like a zombie.

Healed up and moved much better in his next fight.

What relevance does it having a title fight have? Nogueria was already past it by then, and you're talking a one year gap between him getting the title against Tim Sylvia.

I mean Nogueria is very obviously better than Mir....not sure how anyone can watch their careers and think other wise. It is kind of amazing that some people just look at records and see "hey, Mir beat Nogueria he must be better!". Mir never beat prime Lesnar(was fortunate to even beat 3rd fight Lesnar), Nogueria or Crocop. His best win against someone in their prime is Tim Sylvia. Every great fighter who was in their prime beat Frank Mir.

The fight you're saying "fuck off lol" like a teenager is the same fight that Nogueria got knocked out. Okay...Nogueria knocked out by Mir - for the first time in his career, it's really going to be Frank Mir who knocks him out? Like Mir hits harder than Crocop, Sapp, Fedor, Hendo? How much more obvious could it be?

Overrated, most MMA fighters with a 5-3 record aren't even ever talked about.

5-3 fighters didn't fought and lost against guys like Cain, Overeem and Mir, and they didn't beat guys like Couture, Mir, Herring, Carwin.

5-3 guys usually have losses and wins against average fighters. All of Lesnar's wins/losses are against good/great fighters.

Kongo was 4 fights deep into the UFC at the time with his best victory being against Cro Cop repeatedly kneeing him in the balls for 15 minutes straight and somehow not being disqualified.

He was a nobody.

He was 11-3 overall and 4-1 in the YFC and had just beaten CroCop---refardless of your interpretation.

Markk Kerr beat a grossly overmatched Army ranger in the UFC.

I think it depends on when in his career you are referring to. Sure people underrated him when he first came,but there was also the other side that thought he was indestructable. if you look back at his career now,the picture is much more clear.

I mean yeah...pretty well known Nogueria had a staph infection. Literally looked like a zombie.

Healed up and moved much better in his next fight.

What relevance does it having a title fight have? Nogueria was already past it by then, and you're talking a one year gap between him getting the title against Tim Sylvia.

I mean Nogueria is very obviously better than Mir....not sure how anyone can watch their careers and think other wise. It is kind of amazing that some people just look at records and see "hey, Mir beat Nogueria he must be better!". Mir never beat prime Lesnar(was fortunate to even beat 3rd fight Lesnar), Nogueria or Crocop. His best win against someone in their prime is Tim Sylvia. Every great fighter who was in their prime beat Frank Mir.

The fight you're saying "fuck off lol" like a teenager is the same fight that Nogueria got knocked out. Okay...Nogueria knocked out by Mir - for the first time in his career, it's really going to be Frank Mir who knocks him out? Like Mir hits harder than Crocop, Sapp, Fedor, Hendo? How much more obvious could it be?
w

GTFO here lol

Mir almost died in a mortorcycle accident...yea i heard the staph excuse---fhat was their first fight.

Did Nog have a broken back and cracked skull too?

refardless of your interpretation.
There's nothing to interpret, watch the fucking fight lol. Kongo kneed Cro Cop in the groin like 6 times within the span of a minute without warning or point deduction in a fight that was judged 29/28... have you never heard Kongo's nickname Cupcheick lol

Reactions: HHJ
There's nothing to interpret, watch the fucking fight lol. Kongo kneed Cro Cop in the groin like 6 times within the span of a minute without warning or point deduction in a fight that was judged 29/28... have you never heard Kongo's nickname Cupcheick lol

I guess Kerr was better than him.

Would look exactly like Bigfoot-Fedor imo.

Brock lost to 29 year old Mir, than pounded him in a title fight. Fedoe-Mir was a farce in the B leagues and Mir hadnt fought in 2 years.
That's a perfectly fair opinion. You may be 100% right. Shame, we are not likely to see it.

As advertised. For the amount of time Lesnar was in MMA for, he did pretty good. We knew he had a strong top game but everything else was questionable. Found out his chin was granite on his way out with Carwin and how scared he was to strike.

Strangely he improved in the Mark Hunt fight

Where is he ranked first of all? Need a basis to make a determination of over/under, no?

#10-15 or so is about right, super athletic monster with wrestling chops. Issue ws this is MMA - Mixed being operative word and most better HW can/could have beaten him. He just got started too late.

Back