Social Warning labels on classic cartoons because they don't jibe with recent social engineering efforts.

Not sure why the existing rating system wasn't sufficient.
Because stuff like this
I mean, are we gonna pretend 1940s/1950s Disney didn't have some blatantly racist stuff going on?

maxresdefault.jpg

049b6f86-bf6f-4b6d-8857-695dda5557f6-2060x1531.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2017-08-27-at-21.21.14.png

(This one is literally named "Jim Crow" from 1941)

Screen-Shot-2017-08-27-at-21.36.00.png

Again, simply adding a heads up warning label seems a good way to cover the butts, give parents a heads up, while not actually censoring the content from the time.
was G-rated at the time.

How do you know that? Do you have an example of a less egregious case having a warning?
Well, for 1 the pictures shown were of old Warner Brothers cartoons. I would not put the crows in Dumbo on that level. A slight exaggeration of a characteristic is not bad. White people from down south have long been portrayed in a similar fashion to the crows in Dumbo. You have to be able to skewer everybody evenly. It's pathetic if black people can't take it, really. Look at the stupid white boxer in those same old Looney Toons.. A negative stereotype white idiot. They are also everywhere.

The Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp are azzholes, but so what? So they talk with an exaggerated accent that is quite frankly similar IRL to asomeoriental Asian accents. So what? These days more people want to be azzholes like the cats than a normal, good-hearted man like the father. People at work would say the father was stupid and the cats smart.. Of course the media has been teaching literally backwards and upside-down thought for 15-20 years now, but that's a different topic.

Well, for 1 the pictures shown were of old Warner Brothers cartoons. I would not put the crows in Dumbo on that level. A slight exaggeration of a characteristic is not bad. White people from down south have long been portrayed in a similar fashion to the crows in Dumbo. You have to be able to skewer everybody evenly. It's pathetic if black people can't take it, really. Look at the stupid white boxer in those same old Looney Toons.. A negative stereotype white idiot. They are also everywhere.

The Siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp are azzholes, but so what? So they talk with an exaggerated accent that is quite frankly similar IRL to asomeoriental Asian accents. So what? These days more people want to be azzholes like the cats than a normal, good-hearted man like the father. People at work would say the father was stupid and the cats smart.. Of course the media has been teaching literally backwards and upside-down thought for 15-20 years now, but that's a different topic.
I see, so media is only bad when it makes fun of white people but everyone else should just suck it up and accept it.

I mean, are we gonna pretend 1940s/1950s Disney didn't have some blatantly racist stuff going on?

maxresdefault.jpg

049b6f86-bf6f-4b6d-8857-695dda5557f6-2060x1531.jpeg

Screen-Shot-2017-08-27-at-21.21.14.png

(This one is literally named "Jim Crow" from 1941)

Screen-Shot-2017-08-27-at-21.36.00.png

Again, simply adding a heads up warning label seems a good way to cover the butts, give parents a heads up, while not actually censoring the content from the time.
The big Indian Chief is no worse than the portrayal of a white guy of the same size. His daughter is pretty. What is offensive about the large male chief? He looks cartooney and has non-white skin?

I see, so media is only bad when it makes fun of white people but everyone else should just suck it up and accept it.
Who is complaining about white people being portrayed in an exaggerated fashion? Don't make things up. I said ironically that Homer Simpson should be offensive in a few years. You have to be able to make fun of everybody.

The big Indian Chief is no worse than the portrayal of a white guy of the same size. His daughter is pretty. What is offensive about the large male chief? He looks cartooney and has non-white skin?
His skin is bright fire engine red and from what I recall he was a blubbering idiot in Peter Pan.

It's like they got the Custer from "Hell on Wheels" to describe a Native to them:

Just realized this vid is in French. Fuck.

Custer basically says the Natives are savages and the only way to "tame them" is by killing the men and raping the women into submission. And that it's fun.

Who is complaining about white people being portrayed in an exaggerated fashion? Don't make things up. I said ironically that Homer Simpson should be offensive in a few years. You have to be able to make fun of everybody.
You are it seems.

And no, you shouldn't be able to make fun of everybody in cartoons intended for young children. If we were talking a stand up special on Netlfix that'd be one thing but we're talking about a subscription that is going to be used disproportionately by kids.

His skin is bright fire engine red and from what I recall he was a blubbering idiot in Peter Pan.

It's like they got the Custer from "Hell on Wheels" to describe a Native to them:

Just realized this vid is in French. Fuck.

Custer basically says the Natives are savages and the only way to "tame them" is by killing the men and raping the women into submission. And that it's fun.

It's ok to have an idiot be any skin toned human. Should probably be an idiot from every group coinciding with the actual population demographics of the country.

This is just pathetic at this point. You seriously can't see why someone could find that portrayal offensive?

And spend more time browsing forums online clearly. Much healthier placea

No. We all need far less screen time and more time in silence.

“Sounds and emotions detach us from ourselves, whereas silence always forces man to reflect upon his own life.”
-Cardinal Sarah

It's ok to have an idiot be any skin toned human. Should probably be an idiot from every group coinciding with the actual population demographics of the country.
The problem is literally every Native character from that time period was shown to be a bumbling idiot.

The only real exception is the dude from Josey Wales and even then there's a lot of stereotyping jokes at his expense in it:

@Limbo Pete is probably in a better spot to slam why that Peter Pan portrayal is bad beyond what I said.

I suppose we should put warning labels on modern cartoons so that people like @Amerikuracana don't get triggered by their content? Because if his posting history is any judge, he's finding himself watching a lot of stuff that rustles his jimmies. a warning might protect him from that content and, accordingly, protect us from his posts.
giphy.gif

The raspberry red skin tone

Also the "what makes the red man red" song is pretty bad with all the injun and "how". Lol at them telling Wendy to gtfo and can't dance with the rest, squaw go get firewood.

I think that they should just remake them to align with our modern thought processes.

We can have:
"Peter Tran(y)"
"Gender Fluid Lady and the Tramp"

I can't think of anymore but come on. If they're that offensive, don't put them on the platform. My Guess is even with the warning they'll be taken down soon enough.

The raspberry red skin tone

Also the "what makes the red man red" song is pretty bad with all the injun and "how". Lol at them telling Wendy to gtfo and can't dance with the rest, squaw go get firewood.

The main thing I noticed was that the voice of the Chief is the same voice as the crocodile in 'Robin Hood.'

Back