Social Warning labels on classic cartoons because they don't jibe with recent social engineering efforts.

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/di...fjm1FxdC5UKRzzcNtwDvooQ2R5hMTqHOO4kDchc8KTaUo

How far away are we from a ban on things that don't promote the 23 year old flakey gay and/or activist interns agenda, which they crafted to make it in the corporate world as a professional victim? It's somebody's weird agenda. I think those still using their brains can see that much.

So yeah we are on the way to banning things that show normal life. The social engineering is building and gaining momentum. If the furthest social left position becomes "You cannot show a man who appears to be the head of a household" then that will require a warning, or a ban. Keep pretending things aren't getting weird really fast. I pointed out the Disney poster basically had 4/7 human characters on it that were borderline not hetero, with a minimum 3 feminist characters, and (of course) got attacked by Sherdog's resident NPCs.

So who thinks movies like Cinderella or the Little Mermaid need a warning?

I don't know which is worse, being such a snowflake that old cartoons trigger you, or being triggered by a warning message before a show starts.

I don't mind warning labels - some of those old cartoons did have some clearly racist stuff in there. I'd prefer a warning label to outright censoring and whitewashing it.

"So yeah we are on the way to banning things that show normal life. "

Well I've also heard some of the same people who complain about censoring stuff from cartoons, also complain equally hard against cartoons showing gay characters and normalizing homosexuality. So I think a lot of people want "normal life" according to them, not normal life.

Sooner or later we will have warnings on Goldilocks and the three bears.

Or on the Three Little Pigs. They will ensure the Big Bad Wolf to be strictly vegan.

The Lion King will be banned cuz Simba is not LGBT.

The Powerpuff Girls will be banned too. Unless they make Utonium into female/LGBT, then it won't be child abuse.

I don't know which is worse, being such a snowflake that old cartoons trigger you, or being triggered by a warning message before a show starts.
I can handle a weird warning, but tell me this isn't a step towards a ban. I'm sorry, but it is. This is the problem Independents are having with the modern social left movement. It's going to fast and too many people now have "careers" off coming up with something further left. Equal rights under the law for all should not have lead to stuff like this, and more specifically what is likely the next step after this.

Last edited:
So calling out leftist lunacy on a message board where we’re supposed to have opinions on real life societal developments of interest is being ‘triggered’?

Count me as someone who is triggered as well then.

I don't mind warning labels - some of those old cartoons did have some clearly racist stuff in there. I'd prefer a warning label to outright censoring and whitewashing it.

"So yeah we are on the way to banning things that show normal life. "

Well I've also heard some of the same people who complain about censoring stuff from cartoons, also complain equally hard against cartoons showing gay characters and normalizing homosexuality. So I think a lot of people want "normal life" according to them, not normal life.
I also prefer a warning label to a ban. I think it is likely that this is a step towards that, however. I would have been more ok just showing the cartoons. There are some specific poor depictions of blacks and chinese in very old WB/Looney toon cartoons, but I rarely saw those as a kid. I don't think The Little Mermaid needed a warning label.

I don't mind. "warning the images contained in this animated film could make you a bit less manly" or "this program might be too manly for male who are on hormone replacement or just straight out sissies"

So calling out leftist lunacy on a message board where we’re supposed to have opinions on real life societal developments of interest is being ‘triggered’?

Count me as someone who is triggered as well then.
Yes, a warning label on a cartoon you'll likely never watch offending you is the definition of triggered. I don't give a fuck about some warning label on a product saying "this product contains a substance known to the state of California to cause cancer" you think one on a cartoon for kids is troubling?

Y'all rightwingers are the biggest victim class in existence. Forever outraged.

Yes, a warning label on a cartoon you'll likely never watch offending you is the definition of triggered. I don't give a fuck about some warning label on a product saying "this product contains a substance known to the state of California to cause cancer" you think one on a cartoon for kids is troubling?

Warning labels on cartoons are simply lunacy. The fact that you can’t comprehend this only highlights the absolute ridiculousness of the whole thing.

One would ask “just how meaningful would warning labels become if you are displaying them for Dumbo and The Jungle Book?”

I'm not a right-winger, yet. I'm not outraged at this particular issue, per se, but I am getting outraged at the quickly growing size of the pile it was thrown on.

Oh, and Disney kids shows NOW need the warning. There are no parents or adults worth anything, anywhere.

Don't worry. Islam is coming and will rid us of this torture.
I'd rather Christianity decide it's time to take up the flaming (no pun) sword, to be honest.

The Lion King will be banned cuz Simba is not LGBT.

Scar is?

As a character, Scar has garnered widespread acclaim from film critics, who greeted Irons' vocal performance with equal enthusiasm. However, Scar's violence, dark color palette and allegedly effeminate mannerisms were initially met with mild controversy, perceived by some as racist and homophobic. Scar's mannerisms and voice, according to Nightmare on Main Street author Mark Edmundson, resemble "a cultivated, world-weary, gay man."

<45>

He's the GOAT Disney Villain.

ComingSoon.net's Joshua Starnes hailed Scar as "the best part of the film." Praising both Scar and Irons's acting, Starnes continued, "He switches so quickly and easily from campy to deadly its like a showcase for how to do an over-the-top villain right." Roger Ebert described Scar "one of the great ones."

James Berardinelli of ReelViews reviewed, "Gone is the buffoonery that has marked the recent trio of Ursula, Gaston, and Jafar," writing, "Scar is a sinister figure, given to acid remarks and cunning villainy. The cold-hearted manner in which he causes Mufasa's death lets us know that this is not a lion to be trifled with."

Scar became the first Disney villain to successfully explicitly murder someone. Like Disney's Bambi before it, The Lion King – dubbed the studio's darkest film at the time of its release – was unprecedented in terms of its serious themes; namely guilt, murder, treachery, revenge and death, specifically the on-screen assasination of one of the film's heroes.

I also prefer a warning label to a ban. I think it is likely that this is a step towards that, however. I would have been more ok just showing the cartoons. There are some specific poor depictions of blacks and chinese in very old WB/Looney toon cartoons, but I rarely saw those as a kid. I don't think The Little Mermaid needed a warning label.

Oh yeah I'd have to see the specific cases. I don't blame Disney for covering their bases though, being the huge entity that they are. I get a good laugh at those old cartoons, personally, but I know there are a ton of SJWs out there who would love to get a bit of attention by whining about these cartoons.

Slapping a generic warning label in the description seems a pretty good compromise when the alternative is not showing it at all or editing out the "bad" parts

I'm not a right-winger, yet. I'm not outraged at this particular issue

giphy.gif

Slapping a generic warning label in the description seems a pretty good compromise when the alternative is not showing it at all or editing out the "bad" parts
I would have limited it to racist caricatures. Warnings where they don't belong seems like a step towards a ban, to me.

Hadn't seen this in at least 10+ years. Legendary.

Scar is?

As a character, Scar has garnered widespread acclaim from film critics, who greeted Irons' vocal performance with equal enthusiasm. However, Scar's violence, dark color palette and allegedly effeminate mannerisms were initially met with mild controversy, perceived by some as racist and homophobic. Scar's mannerisms and voice, according to Nightmare on Main Street author Mark Edmundson, resemble "a cultivated, world-weary, gay man."

<45>

He's the GOAT Disney Villain.

ComingSoon.net's Joshua Starnes hailed Scar as "the best part of the film." Praising both Scar and Irons's acting, Starnes continued, "He switches so quickly and easily from campy to deadly its like a showcase for how to do an over-the-top villain right." Roger Ebert described Scar "one of the great ones."

James Berardinelli of ReelViews reviewed, "Gone is the buffoonery that has marked the recent trio of Ursula, Gaston, and Jafar," writing, "Scar is a sinister figure, given to acid remarks and cunning villainy. The cold-hearted manner in which he causes Mufasa's death lets us know that this is not a lion to be trifled with."

Scar became the first Disney villain to successfully explicitly murder someone. Like Disney's Bambi before it, The Lion King – dubbed the studio's darkest film at the time of its release – was unprecedented in terms of its serious themes; namely guilt, murder, treachery, revenge and death, specifically the on-screen assasination of one of the film's heroes.

Back