Social Warning labels on classic cartoons because they don't jibe with recent social engineering efforts.

The main thing I noticed was that the voice of the Chief is the same voice as the crocodile in 'Robin Hood.'

Haha really? Anyways, I'm fine with a little thing added to the description. I'm glad Disney didn't go full cancel culture and not release movies people think are racist, or that they went and edited certain parts out.

Let us see society as it was back then. It then gives us a chance to learn from it.

Haha really? Anyways, I'm fine with a little thing added to the description. I'm glad Disney didn't go full cancel culture and not release movies people think are racist, or that they went and edited certain parts out.

Let us see society as it was back then. It then gives us a chance to learn from it.

$10 says Song of the South isn't on Disney+. Apparently there's a couple Simpsons episodes missing like the Lisa it's Your Birthday episode because of Michael Jackson.

It still is, no?
Are racist caricatures still G-rated? I wouldn't think so. Do you mean those specific movies? I would guess that they are still G-rated since I haven't heard of movies having their ratings retroactively changed.

Who cares, kids aren't reading that shit anyway. This is clearly for the adults to feel better.

I don't currently have Disney+.. In the article I posted it mentions some specific examples, but in the comment section where I pulled the article from an individual said there was a warning at the beginning of 'The Little Mermaid' and others. I made the thread assuming that person was telling the truth, but it is hearsay, which is of course not good enough to base any major opinion on.

Are racist caricatures still G-rated? I wouldn't think so. Do you mean those specific movies?

Yeah, and they kind of go hand in hand, no? They're still up, and they're still G-Rated, soooo...

Now as far as racist caricatures go, it's a bit of a grey area and selective. I'd say the old cartoons depicting black people were definitely of racist intent. A lot of the Native stuff though? I don't know if there's an intent to mock with a lot of it. It's constantly evolving, and in a few years, I could see people bitching about "Moana" for being racist.

The irony I find, is that it's getting to a point where unless a culture is depicted as western as possible, it's racist. Like you couldn't depict tribes in the rain forest as is, because it would be considered racist. As if depicting exactly how they look and live, is somehow offensive. You gotta get rid of those mud huts and loin cloths, because that's a stereotype. Give them houses and suits and ties, and make them speak perfect English. There, not racist anymore. It's all a bit silly.

Sooner or later we will have warnings on Goldilocks and the three bears.

Or on the Three Little Pigs. They will ensure the Big Bad Wolf to be strictly vegan.

The Lion King will be banned cuz Simba is not LGBT.

The Powerpuff Girls will be banned too. Unless they make Utonium into female/LGBT, then it won't be child abuse.
Take it easy, snowflake.

Just because someone says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, it doesn't mean your way of life is threatened.

I’ve got no problem with the warnings but they should just add SW to the rating.

SW for snowflake warring.

They could have a board of snowflakes to add the SW ratting to movies and TV programs.

Actually that way I could tell the movie that might be good, any with an SW.

I can handle a weird warning, but tell me this isn't a step towards a ban. I'm sorry, but it is. This is the problem Independents are having with the modern social left movement. It's going to fast, and too many people now have "careers" off coming up with something further left. Equal rights under the law for all should not have lead to stuff like this, and more specifically what is likely the next step after this.
No this isn’t the next step towards a ban.

Most networks just outright remove offensive scenes or do not air them.

Airing classic cartoons as they were with a warning about the context is actually a breath of fresh air and how things should be. We shouldn’t be judging the past with modern standards.

Yeah, and they kind of go hand in hand, no? They're still up, and they're still G-Rated, soooo...
Not sure of your point here chief, yes the movies are still up and still G-rated but they now have the warning so parents who would rather avoid such media can do so.
Now as far as racist caricatures go, it's a bit of a grey area and selective. I'd say the old cartoons depicting black people were definitely of racist intent. A lot of the Native stuff though? I don't know if there's an intent to mock with a lot of it. It's constantly evolving, and in a few years, I could see people bitching about "Moana" for being racist.

The irony I find, is that it's getting to a point where unless a culture is depicted as western as possible, it's racist. Like you couldn't depict tribes in the rain forest as is, because it would be considered racist. As if depicting exactly how they look and live, is somehow offensive. You gotta get rid of those mud huts and loin cloths, because that's a stereotype. Give them houses and suits and ties, and make them speak perfect English. There, not racist anymore. It's all a bit silly.
The scene of the Natives in Peter Pan is egregious enough IMO to warrant the warning. Wouldn't say the same about Pocahontas. The movie is far from perfect in how it depicts Native Americans but its not like it goes out of its way to make them the butt of a joke based on the way they look or some stereotypical ideas about them.

When it comes to other Natives the problem is similar to the Peter Pan depiction; they're usually portrayed in an exaggerated fashion and often as the butt of a joke. They rarely have much character depth beyond "Ooga Booga" and that's usually the problem. A Native person who is actually a character and doesn't just exist for the purpose of a low hanging racist joke or musical number is already a major improvement from the way Natives are depicted in the older Disney stuff. That's why I would put Pocahontas in a category above the older stuff despite its problems because at least the Natives are portrayed as characters that are roughly as fleshed out as the white ones even if they still conform to unhelpful stereotypes here and there.

Take it easy, snowflake.

Just because someone says Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas, it doesn't mean your way of life is threatened.

Why would it threaten my way of life? AKA why should I give a fuck about Disney (and all those other shits)? Do they feed me or something?<Fedor23>

Watching these kinds of things is a privilege, and at my point in life, a privilege I can do without.

Watching these kinds of things is a privilege, and at my point in life, a privilege I can do without.
Great. Don't watch them. Just make sure to whine about them on the internet.

Not sure of your point here chief, yes the movies are still up and still G-rated but they now have the warning so parents who would rather avoid such media can do so.

My point is that it's G-Rated.

The scene of the Natives in Peter Pan is egregious enough IMO to warrant the warning. Wouldn't say the same about Pocahontas. The movie is far from perfect in how it depicts Native Americans but its not like it goes out of its way to make them the butt of a joke based on the way they look or some stereotypical ideas about them.

When it comes to other Natives the problem is similar to the Peter Pan depiction; they're usually portrayed in an exaggerated fashion and often as the butt of a joke. They rarely have much character depth beyond "Ooga Booga" and that's usually the problem. A Native person who is actually a character and doesn't just exist for the purpose of a low hanging racist joke or musical number is already a major improvement from the way Natives are depicted in the older Disney stuff.

Sure, but that's more nuanced than what is actually going on in a lot of instances. People see a headdress in an image, and just automatically assume the worst. There's no context to a lot of the complaints. It's all blanketed, which brings me back to wondering what people would like to see. It seems like some people just want to see certain elements of cultures erased and westernized in pop-culture, because they consider them stereotypes. Like they're saying "They're not like that! They're exactly like us! Depict them like us, with facial features like we have, and no accents when they speak English!"

It's just odd.

PS: I'm a little behind I guess, as it seems that "Moana" already caused a a bit of a stir. LOL.

My point is that it's G-Rated.
Uh, I know? I mean, I said as much in the post you responded to so...
Sure, but that's more nuanced than what is actually going on in a lot of instances. People see a headdress in an image, and just automatically assume the worst. There's no context to a lot of the complaints. It's all blanketed, which brings me back to wondering what people would like to see. It seems like some people just want to see certain elements of cultures erased and westernized in pop-culture, because they consider them stereotypes. Like they're saying "They're not like that! They're exactly like us! Depict them like us, with facial features like we have, and no accents when they speak English!"

It's just odd.

PS: I'm a little behind I guess, as it seems that "Moana" already caused a a bit of a stir. LOL.
Do you have an example of Disney+ putting the warning label on a movie that you don't think deserves it?

Do you have an example of Disney+ putting the warning label on a movie that you don't think deserves it?

I'm talking in general. I don't have Disney+.

Care to address anything I said? You kind of keep avoiding my point of westerners complaining about perceived racial stereotypes, because foreign cultures and features are apparently racist.

That's basically because the prevalent thinking among today's progressive-minded, is to make all people (and this includes whites, blacks, natives, Muslims, whoever) conform to a "mono-culture", which is not necessarily even Western culture in their minds, but just "tomorrow's global culture", the one that we will all inevitably be subjected to.

Portraying non-white people as not conforming to the expectations of this "global culture", with the suits, and ties and perfect English, is deemed problematic in their view, because it might induce a sense of otherness and rebellion against what they're trying to push. Having Muslims who are conservative, natives who despise industrialization and materialism, tribesmen who enjoy the hunt and the simple life within nature, none of this fits the current agenda. Re-writing history with Muslims, natives, Africans, etc. as having been the original pioneers of progressive attitudes, is a better fit for what they're trying to achieve.

Mostly this shoddy writing is excused with the idea that any portrayal of a non-white as not behaving like a perfect 21st century Western progressive gentleman, is "stereotypical", out of date and intended to slander them, deny them job opportunities, make them feel isolated and so forth. Because indeed, in this coming global mono-culture, anyone not conforming to their norms, has no place in their society. Thus it is incredibly important that the minorities are made to believe that this forth-coming mono-culture is one that they themselves have helped to build, if by nothing else, then through fantasy portrayals in cartoons and history-butchering movies.

Last edited:
I'm talking in general. I don't have Disney+.
Oh, well I was talking specifically about Disney+ since, ya know, that's what the thread is on. If we're going to complain about Disney+ including these labels I would like to see specific examples of cases where the label is arguably unwarranted.
Care to address anything I said? You kind of keep avoiding my point of westerners complaining about perceived racial stereotypes, because foreign cultures and features are apparently racist.
But I addressed that. If you missed it, here it is
When it comes to other Natives the problem is similar to the Peter Pan depiction; they're usually portrayed in an exaggerated fashion and often as the butt of a joke. They rarely have much character depth beyond "Ooga Booga" and that's usually the problem. A Native person who is actually a character and doesn't just exist for the purpose of a low hanging racist joke or musical number is already a major improvement from the way Natives are depicted in the older Disney stuff.
what makes the depiction less savory is related to the depth of the character and their purpose for existing within the narrative. If its merely for a joke or for a silly musical number where they're reduced to their appearance and stereotypes then that is going to be perceived worse than Native characters who have more depth.

Of course some people are going to be outraged at any depiction of Natives or any foreign culture regardless of the care taken in depicting them but I don't pay such people much mind and neither should you.

I'm half Italian. Am I supposed to be offended by Tony in Lady and the Tramp?

Back