Warning about Artificial Intelligence.

'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change,' Ocasio-Cortez says"
Ocasio-Cortez called the fight to mitigate the effects of climate change her generation's "World War II."

"Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " she said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...casio-cortez-climate-change-alarm/2642481002/

'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change,' Ocasio-Cortez says"
Ocasio-Cortez called the fight to mitigate the effects of climate change her generation's "World War II."

"Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " she said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...casio-cortez-climate-change-alarm/2642481002/

Ya i know. its misused and misunderstood by a lot of people.

Who is even asking for all of this AI? If you polled the world population i bet the vast majority would be against this push toward all encompassing AI. Yet here we are.

You seem in denial. A.I. is already past the "preinstalled knowledge" phase and has entered the learn from examples phase. It's already doing things we didnt expect and cant control except by turning it off, like creating it's own language.
So to say that a thinking machine will never exist is highly optimistic(or pessimistic depending on your personal beliefs).

I see your point of view. But like I said, at best we will be able to create something what resemble an 'AI'. Analysing situations, giving advice and so on. But honestly, we will never be able to create an entity who can think absolutely independently and even surpassing human intelligence. It just wont happen. And this is how I am defining AI, artificial intelligence that surpasses human brain.

I see your point of view. But like I said, at best we will be able to create something what resemble an 'AI'. Analysing situations, giving advice and so on. But honestly, we will never be able to create an entity who can think absolutely independently and even surpassing human intelligence. It just wont happen. And this is how I am defining AI, artificial intelligence that surpasses human brain.

Why do you believe it's not possible?

Back