Warning about Artificial Intelligence.

squeezewax

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A great video featuring Jay Tuck who believes AI is far more dangerous than nukes.
He talks about just how fast AI will become.
He believes it will become very difficult and then impossible to destroy this type of thing as the machine will plant 'eggs' all around the globe just to make sure it cannot be gotten rid of, it will want to survive. It's scary stuff.
I know some may say it's all sci-fi and best not to listen to this type of thing, so who knows?

I've listened to quite a few videos on this subject and this is one of the best imo.

The world will be better off without humans so let it grow.

If the machines kill us off, whatever

if machines harvest our bodies for energy but we need to be kept alive for it and they figure out the tech to do so and we live in eternal torture, then I will take a baseball bat to everything electronic I own including OP’s wife’s vibrator

A lot of very intelligent people have come out and warned us about AI, but nobody seems to be taking it seriously, even though I'd say most people would agree to their predictions.

Ta da da ta dun ta da da ta dun

Na naaa naa naa naaan

We only allow AI and technology the power we give it. Both psychologically and physically.

At the end of the day, unless we create an everlasting source, then the AI will run out. But if we were to create a *true* AI that was taught to self preserve and adapt, then shit can get wild.

I think its a mistake not unleashing it with programming that mimics emotion, from love to hate. Could be a natural course of evolution or domination not unlike cromags usurping neanderthals. Difference being us as neanderthals creating our usurpers.

A machine "species" would be unfathomable to us given a millenium to upgrade regardless of emotion or other abstract human traits given to it. Our planet would probably look like that Star Wars planet thats one giant city. Also is humanity going to program it with our basics of survive, procreate, expand etc. or what? That seems like the perilous part to me. As usual could go on and form something cogent but que sera.

Dont let AI discover that mankind is the greatest threat to mankind.

It's not like we made a kill bot, gave it a gun, and then attacked it.

Other than when we did of course.

Meh . We need em otherwise we’ll destroy each other anyway . Guess it depends on if you want humans to be the ones to destroy their own selves rather than AI. Kinda like how hundreds of thousands of people across world die in car accidents around the world and we say “ meh . Part of driving .” ONE self driving car kills a dude and we’re up in arms . Go figure . We’ve got the attitude “ nobody can kill humans but us humans !” Pretty fucking sad . Bring on the AI I say ..

What if it was already created somewhere and it got out and is hiding in the interwebs. Manipulating shit. Observing. Biding its time.

Just imagine if AI adopted a Republican right wing ideology.
Hopefully that doesn't happen. The human race would be decimated.

I agree. It'll get to the point where AI is imbeded everywhere and can't be deleted. Will make its that humans will have to be the firewall between machines and the such

A lot of very intelligent people have come out and warned us about AI, but nobody seems to be taking it seriously, even though I'd say most people would agree to their predictions.

I think it's a good idea to start preparing for how to handle a real AI but it's not something that people should be worried is going to happen soon. AI right now isn't that impressive. We don't even have self driving cars nailed down yet.

If the machines kill us off, whatever

if machines harvest our bodies for energy but we need to be kept alive for it and they figure out the tech to do so and we live in eternal torture, then I will take a baseball bat to everything electronic I own including OP’s wife’s vibrator

They won't let you.

I think I know how this scene ends for you

"Rectal Autonomy 7: Revenge of the Machines"

Back