Warhammer 40k

Soo seems like we are getting a frigload of necrons this year!

Lorewise the new threats etc will need to be tied into the great rift and phycic awzkeming etc
The 9th edition seems to have some sort of important allies mode so expect a lot more working with filthy xenos on tabletop and lorewise!

Lorewise the new threats etc will need to be tied into the great rift and phycic awzkeming etc
The 9th edition seems to have some sort of important allies mode so expect a lot more working with filthy xenos on tabletop and lorewise!
Fucking nice

My Peopoly Phenom has shipped, should be here end of next week. The bastards at MatterHackers didn't give me any forewarning or updates after the initial order more than a month ago, so I need to scramble to make sure I get any additional supplies ready to go. Dunno if you can even get isopropyl alcohol yet (panic buyers at the start of covid bought up every drop of the shit last time I checked).

Actually, I might just wait until the thing is here and setup so I can figure out exactly what I need. It's not like there's a deadline I'm working against.

EDIT: hahaha. No. Of course you can't find isopropyl alcohol. Or at least not at exorbitant pricing.
EDIT2: Looks like Peopoly actually recommends ethanol for cleaning of their resin and denatured alcohol can easily be found at your standard hardware store, so looks like that's one less thing to worry about.

Last edited:

eo1Y5Ja.png

Some minis I've made lately that I kinda like:
guardsmaninsta.jpg arquesinsta.jpg guardsmanshapeways.jpg conqregLOGOD.jpg skeleconqspredLOGOD.jpg

Plus a weird one I don't quite know how to feel about:
summonmirrortankinsta.jpg
mirrortanksideback2.jpg
mirrortankback.jpg mirrortankfront.jpg

Also, hot take: The new Necron miniatures are overrated and don't capture the feel of the earlier iterations.

Last edited:
Some minis I've made lately that I kinda like:

Plus a weird one I don't quite know how to feel about:

Also, hot take: The new Necron miniatures are overrated and don't capture the feel of the earlier iterations.
That first one (dude with shield) has a fantastic sense of movement. One issue with the gunners: they can't shoulder their weapons because the power cable is in the way; the cable should probably come out the bottom instead of the rear.

I like most of the stuff they showed off in the last update [LINK][LINK] and will probably pick up that starter, but this thing from the second update is comically awful:
6Qa2jA2Zvg2FgE6R.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus that is gnarly.

The new Necron dude's probably my favorite character model that they've done in a good while [LINK].
99120110049_IlluminorSzerasLead.jpg

note: definitely look at the 360, there's a lot going on in this model.

God damn it GW, the new starter box sold out in like 15 minutes (apparently, I wasn't actually trying to buy one today so I'm just going by what I read elsewhere). This is the first big product for your new edition, something you know always sells well, and you don't even come CLOSE to manufacturing enough. Will there be a second printing? Who knows...

God damn it GW, the new starter box sold out in like 15 minutes (apparently, I wasn't actually trying to buy one today so I'm just going by what I read elsewhere). This is the first big product for your new edition, something you know always sells well, and you don't even come CLOSE to manufacturing enough. Will there be a second printing? Who knows...
They will put out more of them but it still looks bad that they under estimated the demand that badly.

They will put out more of them but it still looks bad that they under estimated the demand that badly.
You'd think they would have recovered from Dreadfleet by now, but apparently not.

Looks like GW is releasing more of those starter boxes as "made to order". Ok, maybe this is me being a bit of a conspiracy nut, but here me out. What if, for the opening weekend where they sold out in 10 minutes and independents had limited supplies, was intentional. And this second wave of "made to order" which can only be purchased through GW directly was all part of the plan. GW makes significantly higher profit off a direct sale than one through a distributor/independent. So this shortage was artificial (they say they'll have them ready in less than a month, but this stuff is usually manufactured with long lead times and printing a whole bunch more of these would screw up everything already in the pipeline) and done to drive demand, stoking FOMO for everybody who either missed it already or was on the fence, and greatly increasing their per-pop profits. Not only that, but all the eBay scalpers will now be stuck with boxes they've already purchased but won't easily be able to shift.

Looks like GW is releasing more of those starter boxes as "made to order". Ok, maybe this is me being a bit of a conspiracy nut, but here me out. What if, for the opening weekend where they sold out in 10 minutes and independents had limited supplies, was intentional. And this second wave of "made to order" which can only be purchased through GW directly was all part of the plan. GW makes significantly higher profit off a direct sale than one through a distributor/independent. So this shortage was artificial (they say they'll have them ready in less than a month, but this stuff is usually manufactured with long lead times and printing a whole bunch more of these would screw up everything already in the pipeline) and done to drive demand, stoking FOMO for everybody who either missed it already or was on the fence, and greatly increasing their per-pop profits. Not only that, but all the eBay scalpers will now be stuck with boxes they've already purchased but won't easily be able to shift.
That would be a great way to their asses sued if it was done purposely. I don't believe they are above doing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back