Ward or Gatti vs Provodnikov

If Gatti boxed the way he was capable of doing, the way he did against Ward in their second fight and their third before he busted his hand, he beats Provo easy. If he slugs it out with him he still wins. I don't see a scenario where Gatti loses to Provodnikov.

How are they trying to market Provodnikov? The Russian Rocky? He breaks the will of iron horses like Mike Alvarado? Only the resolve of Tim Bradley could weather the storm? I dare say Gatti had the guts to stand toe to toe with a brick wall like Provodnikov and come out a winner. He had more tools to win in any type of fight.

Ward vs. Provodnikov is more the 50/50. Ward seemed to have a lot of success when he would get guys who were trying to box into a brawl, or withstanding the onslought of a better brawler and catching him with that liver punch. It really is something that he was able to time that punch and turn things around for himself as many times as he did. So I'd favor Ward too.

Last edited:
please he's fighting Chris Algeri for a reason, because his people are scared that Rios will out will him, Ward and Gatti would literally send Ruslan to the hospital and in not sure he'd ever return, seriously I'm okay with casuals buying into hype jobs but the idea that a guy who went the distance with Chop Chop is a killer is truly sad for the sport.

Maidana and Dulorme also went the distance with Chop Chop... What exactly does that have to do with anything?

You realize out of his 22 losses that only 5 were by KO right? It's not like Chop Chop is some glass chin journeyman. He's a durable fighter. Has been for his whole career.

I really do think you have a huge percentage of people who started watching boxing later than they admit, I've said Golovkin will end up like Jorge Linares and they whole boxingscene said who is that? Thinking Ruslan beats Ward or Gatti means they don't get boxing.

Ruslans a beast but I just dont favor him here. Gatti has way more tools and I think Ward would get busted up early but eventually take over and batter him. Cant see Ruslan winning a brawl with Ward.

I'm not sure how good Provodnikov is. he seemed to be an average fighter until the bradley fight. he beat alvarado who I dont think is that good even

Chop chop went the distance with mayweather....Corley was a damn good fighter.
5 years in the boxing game is a lifetime, that's what I've seen you guys don't get with Manny, it's like thinking Marciano destroyed the real Joe Louis not a shell.

Maidana and Dulorme also went the distance with Chop Chop... What exactly does that have to do with anything?

You realize out of his 22 losses that only 5 were by KO right? It's not like Chop Chop is some glass chin journeyman. He's a durable fighter. Has been for his whole career.

Ward and Gatti would end the hype job, look at what Bradley did to his face and go watch some Gatti-Ward. These HBO hype jobs are really becoming a problem.

What Hype Job. Who the hell is claiming Provo is anywhere near a P4P list? I am not sure why you keep saying that.

And Provo fought his way to HBO. He put on fan friendly fights on ESPN and has delivered on HBO. So what the problem with were Provo is at.

What Hype Job. Who the hell is claiming Provo is anywhere near a P4P list? I am not sure why you keep saying that.

And Provo fought his way to HBO. He put on fan friendly fights on ESPN and has delivered on HBO. So what the problem with were Provo is at.

Power punchers are always a bit overhyped. Provodnikov is no exception.

Man do I miss watchibg Micky throw down.

because he basis as hell and because Bradley fought a certain type of way there are people who actually think this guy should be mentioned with Ward and Gatti. Jessie Vargas would beat him, it's would be laughable if it didn't expose how many fans font really get what they're seeing.

because he basis as hell and because Bradley fought a certain type of way there are people who actually think this guy should be mentioned with Ward and Gatti. Jessie Vargas would beat him, it's would be laughable if it didn't expose how many fans font really get what they're seeing.

Who is bias as hell? Me? Cause i think Provo could hang with Ward and Gatti? What the hell..

Ward was a Tough Journeymen. Same as Chop Chop and Provo. Who the really believes Ward was some Great Fighter . To think Ward can't be beat by Provo,Rios or Alverado is foolish. He was not better than any of them. No freaking way.

And again No One is claiming Provo is a World Class fighter, just don't see Ward as a World Class fighter either.

Last edited:
Who is bias as hell? Me? Cause i think Provo could hang with Ward and Gatti? What the hell..

Ward was a Tough Journeymen. Same as Chop Chop and Provo. Who the really believes Ward was some Great Fighter . To think Ward can't be beat by Provo,Rios or Alverado is foolish. He was not better than any of them. No freaking way.

And again No One is claiming Provo is a World Class fighter, just don't see Ward as a World Class fighter either.

While I'm not accusing anyone of bias, I think that a guy who could absorb punishment would be a rough fight for Provodnikov. Provonikov would likely have a lot of early success, gas out and then get roughed up.

Ward isn't better than Alvarado? Wow this is getting sad.

Ward isn't better than Alvarado? Wow this is getting sad.

Oh I see. You Watch The Fighter and believe Ward is Some Unbeatable Warrior or some BS. Ward was not good fighter. He wasn't. Sorry the Movie lied to you. Ward wasn't a top fighter in his day and wouldn't be today. He is in the same class as Provo,Alverdo and Rios.

Oh I see. You Watch The Fighter and believe Ward is Some Unbeatable Warrior or some BS. Ward was not good fighter. He wasn't. Sorry the Movie lied to you. Ward wasn't a top fighter in his day and wouldn't be today. He is in the same class as Provo,Alverdo and Rios.

I actually agree that your underselling Ward. Ward beat some decent guys, was never stopped other than by cut.

Ward was famous for taking a beating and then coming back and beating the opponent down.
If Provodnikov couldn't get Bradley out of there, who doesn't really seem to take a shot that well, then he's not stopping Ward.

I think it'd be one of those "tale of two fights" sort of things. Provodnikov would dish out a lot for 4 or 5 rounds, then you'd see Ward do his thing.

I actually agree that your underselling Ward. Ward beat some decent guys, was never stopped other than by cut.

Ward was famous for taking a beating and then coming back and beating the opponent down.
If Provodnikov couldn't get Bradley out of there, who doesn't really seem to take a shot that well, then he's not stopping Ward.

I think it'd be one of those "tale of two fights" sort of things. Provodnikov would dish out a lot for 4 or 5 rounds, then you'd see Ward do his thing.

I could see Ward beating Provo. There no way to argue it that couldn't happen. Its just i see it being a even fight going in.

And i don't Ward rank as high as others. , i never have. Just was never really impressed by him other than his toughness and his body work.

I could see Ward beating Provo. There no way to argue it that couldn't happen. Its just i see it being a even fight going in.

And i don't Ward rank as high as others. , i never have. Just was never really impressed by him.

I certainly don't think Ward was some incredible talent. He was basically just a tough brawler, like a better Brandon Rios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back