War Room Lounge v68: The insidious rumour of Belgium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for you advice, but it's poor advice.

It's wonderful advice if your goal is rationality. Maybe not if it's propaganda that is unconstrained by the need to be accurate.

People, including you, do not and should not operate this way. This reminds me of the time Mr. Fa @Fawlty was confident that Woodley would beat Usman and even tried to criticize the bettors who made the line for "underpricing" Woodley. Anyone of average perceptive ability who had actually followed the careers of both men would be at the least very unsure of Woodley's ability to win the fight. People who hadn't paid attention to Usman's incredible accomplishments to that point were surprised.

The analogy here is with the people not actually paying attention to Biden's poor performance on the campaign trail but in love with the idea of Biden. I am confident that if/when Biden v Trump appear together on the debate stage, it's going to be similar to when Mr. Fa watched Usman dominate Woodley's for five rounds---they will be surprised that Biden (Woodley) is lacking many of the basic skills necessary to perform the job. I also claim the opposite would happen if Buttigieg and Trump were on that stage together. Articulateness, composure, effective argumentation....these are qualities that the average human brain is finely tuned to but no computer model can currently measure.

Again, where's the evidence that those things are major factors in a race? How much better do you think Trump would have performed if he were not far less articulate, composed, and effective in his arguments? What about Bush? How do you set the baseline?

This also connects to a ridiculous claim you have made repeatedly (apparently parroting Paul "Bitcoin is evil" Krugman and Nate "Donald Trump isn't a real candidate" Silver, as you are prone to do): "no one knows anything about electability". A donkey (@Limbo Pete) is not electable. If we restrict ourselves to humans, a person with Down's Syndrome is not electable. We do not need a regression analysis or a CNN "expert panel" to figure this out. We humans (@senri) have the ability to discern qualities of people that no model can predict. The irony here is that you, Mr Jack, actually predicted that Joseph Biden would fall off from the top position....but how could you know such as thing if "electability" is a mirage? You are engaging in doublethink here, so make up your mind. Is electability discernible or not?

So, first, it's amusing to me that you're unable to conceive of others forming views based on evidence rather than "parroting" various gurus, as you do (with your cock carousels, mother-forgiving calls, etc.). Second, my claim is that electability is unpredictable within reasonable parameters (anyone who wins a major-party nomination has a good chance to win, for example), not that it's a mirage. It's like if I say that you can't predict the outcome of a single MLB game with much confidence. That doesn't mean that the outcomes are completely random or that you couldn't predict that a major league team would beat a high school team with a lot of confidence. Third, my view is that Biden's position is a little weaker than it looks in the polls because I think that perceived electability is a factor in his success, which is something that could evaporate quickly if he hits a snag. He is the frontrunner, though.

Sometimes you just end up kinda ashy no matter what you do

I think you just micro aggressioned me dude

People with dry skin are people too ya know

Gutter, why don't white people put on lotion every day?

Dudes will shine up a pair of Sperrys, but not their flaky ass legs. Why they do that man?

Tatanka was the 2nd worst gimmick in WWE history

I don't know about that. He was just another Indian gimmick. If he's the 2nd worst ever, I think you're excluding a LOT of shit. The Goon? Bastion Booger? Mantaur? Fandango? Adam Rose? The Hurricane? Eugene?

There's a lot of shit above Tatanka. Curious though, who's your #1?

I don't know about that. He was just another Indian gimmick. If he's the 2nd worst ever, I think you're excluding a LOT of shit. The Goon? Bastion Booger? Mantaur? Fandango? Adam Rose? The Hurricane? Eugene?

Look below.

Red Rooster was all time worst

That's a bold statement. What's number one? the Bushwackers? Samba Simba? Val Venis? The Red Rooster? The Undertaker?

This guy was pretty terrible too

Bastion Booger was awesome. I don't remember the last three on your list, and only barely remember Mantaur. The Goon was OK, IMO.

Look below.

Red Rooster was all time worst

Yeah, he's up there. It's funny how it was one big rib on Terry Taylor, and he still somewhat made it work. Not as good as Dusty made his big polka dot clown job work, but you gotta hand it to Taylor for giving it is all to the Rooster man gimmick.

Yeah, he's up there. It's funny how it was one big rib on Terry Taylor, and he still somewhat made it work. Not as good as Dusty made his big polka dot clown job work, but you gotta hand it to Taylor for giving it is all to the Rooster man gimmick.

Yea, I was seriously wondering, "was this the best they could come up with? Red Rooster? they couldn't think of anything else? like Jaguar, or Wolverine, or Honey Badger?"

Bastion Booger was awesome.

He was pretty funny. He was practically a promotional gimmick for their ice cream bars. That outfit will never be topped, either.

I don't remember the last three on your list, and only barely remember Mantaur. The Goon was OK, IMO.

Like BB, the Goon was funny. They even made his boots look like skates, LOL. Not a viable long term gimmick though, that anyone was ever gonna take seriously. But hey, people still remember him, so he at least made his mark.

You don't remember Eugene, though? The retard gimmick? That was something else. That was during the RA era, AKA the "Try Hard" era, where they were trying to one up the AE, with no finesse at all and just threw the most outlandish shit out there.

I think we're all forgetting Doink The Clown though. That gimmick was too much. Although I did get a kick out of his evil clown heel run.

You don't remember Eugene, though? The retard gimmick? That was something else. That was during the RA era, AKA the "Try Hard" era, where they were trying to one up the AE, with no finesse at all and just threw the most outlandish shit out there.

I think that was a period when I stopped watching.

I liked the heel Doink.

He was pretty funny. He was practically a promotional gimmick for their ice cream bars. That outfit will never be topped, either.

Like BB, the Goon was funny. They even made his boots look like skates, LOL. Not a viable long term gimmick though, that anyone was ever gonna take seriously. But hey, people still remember him, so he at least made his mark.

I think we're all forgetting Doink The Clown though. That gimmick was too much. Although I did get a kick out of his evil clown heel run.

Doink!!

lol, didn't he have a "little person" side kick, was it Boink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back