War Room Lounge v68: The insidious rumour of Belgium

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Fawlty, Sep 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Well it's said that 9/11 was blowback for out actions involving Saudi Arabia, as well as our economic stranglehold on the ME.

So our actions overseas spawned the attack, which I think we can all agree upon, honestly I'm worried the next big attack will come from terrorists from Yemen. Again people will act like we did nothing to cause the domino effect.

Sure blowback is an unexpected consequence. But is someone landing a punch every now and then when you've curbstomped them for years honestly that unexpected.

Crazy Diamond and Gutter Chris like this.
  2. Gutter Chris

Gutter Chris Chiropteran Enthusiast

There is a huge difference between something being justified and completely understanding why someone did something and seeing their point of view.

WOuld you be willing to agree that our countries middleastern policy since world war 2 has been a huge disaster and that we have allowed bad things to happen and or helped them happen for our national interests ?

Crazy Diamond likes this.
  3. Gutter Chris

its been a consequence of empire since rome. Some people did some things. Some people took exception to those things. both sides feel justified in their actions.

I dont know how I feel about it and I have to come to understand our country and way off life is propped up by energy and war. Its very much a when you have a tiger by its tail you dont dare let him go kind of situation. America creates a way of life that is super awesome for the west. But their are winners and losers in the game.

Indeed unexpected consequences

4. Fawlty

Fawlty Moving toward your mother

We don't have to guess at it, thankfully. OBL was perfectly clear- support for Israel, use of Saudi Arabian infrastructure by our military, sanctions on Iraq, our military actions in Somalia, and our lesser support for Russian, Israeli, and Indian aggression against Muslims in different parts of the world.

5. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

I'm not gleeful I'm pissed. I'm pissed economic imperialism led to innocent civilians from my country dying horribly. My house shook during the OKC bombing, I know what terrorism will do to a community.

Isn't my hatred of what caused 9/11, rampant globalist capitalism, the same fucking swamp you people want to drain?

Or does that not suit you anymore? I forgot, the current president who bragged about his tower on 9/11 as 3,000 people died the day everyone else recoiled in horror has become a good friend to the House of Saud.

I also enjoy you're more mad at me for saying that the terrorists considered the WTC a perfect economic and military target than you are a man who bragged about the size of his building while heroes were digging bodies from rubble lol.

Higus, Crazy Diamond, lurker and 3 others like this.
  6. The Gaped Crusader

The Gaped Crusader Hard and Deeeeeep!!! Double Yellow Card

So since his name is Salmon (like the fish), and he's failing to progress in his presidential aspirations, it's like a fish failing to jump upstream. Therefore, Warren and Sanders are dead in the water because they live in the same aqua system. That's good shit man. Serious question canuck, do you know Geddy Lee? That cat is badass.

Turtle Up, Crazy Diamond and Sketch like this.
  7. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Would you say in many respects our way of life is propped up on the sufferings of others around the globe? Do you think the child starving in Yemen is watching his school blown up by bombs you and I helped pay for is wondering about this?

Do you think that's the "freedom they hate us for"? The freedom of ignorance?

8. Gutter Chris

While we are all arguing with @HereticBD I still want him to tell me about the secret meaning of natural born killers and am annoyed the guy keeps ducking me after making me so curious for months. I cant stand the suspense

9. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

Some dangerous discussions going on in here.

10. Gutter Chris

Yea I would. that what makes it such an uncomfortable truth. It seems to me all through out history this rule is true. Name a time when people existed and you can name the group you would want to be in and the groups that were sol because of gods chosen people . There are also a lot of ways it could be fixed and or lessoned but it does not seem like we as humans are wired to live and think that way. We are animals and behind our kind words and nice things we are doing the same shit animals on the discovery channel do. Im guilty of this. When im living my life I dont think about people in the third world or their problems or even the dark deeds that make it all possible. If you do blow , you got your girl a rock or you have a cellphone and you drive a car ..... chances are someone suffered horribly to make that all possible for you

That would make sense.

11. Cubo de Sangre

Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

Don't pussy out on me now, Marvin.

12. The Gaped Crusader

Pretty much this I think.
    [​IMG]

13. Gutter Chris

As a kid I was a wrestling fan and I hated tatanka and thought he sucked. Thats my third fave part of the movie

My fave part is the snake parable
    my second fave part is when Mallory smokes the dude on a bike. Every single person on this board has had that exact thought to do that at least on time in their life they just arent crazy ya know so they dont act on it

I actually love that movie and thought I had a pretty good grasp on what it was about until our friend @HereticBD came along and blew my mind

That movie is a visual masterpiece with an already potent message in it without secret meanings

Cubo de Sangre likes this.
  14. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

I wish my country didn't do asshole things that brought us normal folk into direct contact with assholes. Wild amirite?

15. Gutter Chris

Shh

Dont tell anyone , were all grown ups here and can probably handle it

16. spin

spin Gold Belt

Wildly incorrect

17. The Gaped Crusader

I don't know @HereticBD 's take on it, I definitely get your take. Time for a rewatch dammit.

Tatanka did suck.

Gutter Chris likes this.
  18. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

19. Gutter Chris

I like when people do things like this and its always nice to be reminded there is good in the world. When you are a political junkie that can sometimes be easy to forget

20. The Gaped Crusader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.