War Room Lounge v63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some chance. You gotta figure the odds of a recession not coming before the election, the odds of Trump winning if there isn't one, and then the odds of a recession coming shortly after the election if there isn't one before it. Each individually would not be surprising, but put them all together, and it's not all that likely.

But anyway, partisan idiots are going to partisan idiot. Just the other day, some moron was saying that Obama doubled the debt while he was president.

Some moron? I'm not sure if you're aware, but I would estimate that half or more of Americans think that

TMZ got ahold of video of Connor McNugget sucker punching some old dude in a bar who refused to drink the round of his shitty McWhiskey Connor bought

Skip to near end, like 56 seconds, to see it.

Edit: didn't ass someone else posted it here already. I'll leave mine since it has YouTube vid embedded

TMZ got ahold of video of Connor McNugget sucker punching some old dude in a bar who refused to drink the round of his shitty McWhiskey Connor bought

Skip to near end, like 56 seconds, to see it.

McGregor is going to be one of those "where are they now?" guys in 5 years and he'll be homeless and on welfare and his wife will have left him.

McGregor is going to be one of those "where are they now?" guys in 5 years and he'll be homeless and on welfare and his wife will have left him.

He never married her. Just put a ring on her finger and knocked her up. She supported him when he lived off welfare and wouldn't get a job. And he's free to leave at anytime and just pay some child support.

He never married her. Just put a ring on her finger and knocked her up. She supported him when he lived off welfare and wouldn't get a job. And he's free to leave at anytime and just pay some child support.
Isn't his whole "rags to riches" story a bit of a sham too? Like, it was his OWN CHOICE to not work and end up a poor motherfucker?

There are different yield curves. First time for this one (in this cycle). It's a pretty big deal.

fredgraph.png

Shaded areas are recessions.

Very likely that we'll see a recession within the next two years.

There are different yields. The last one to invert (go negative) was the 3 month-10year, which isn't as major of a predictor. The 10year-2year spread has been extremely low for more than a year now, but it just finally dipped below zero.

It appears to be a ''no missed detection'' type of event, not a sufficient condition announcing a recession. But a few other indicators are saying that things are overheated: the Schiller PE has been at dizzying heights for the same period of time.

I haven't looked into consumer debt in any detail though. Markets still don't really die of old age. Something kills them. Not sure what that'll be.

Thank you for clarifying.

Also I was hoping the naming convention for the last thread was a one-off.

Man, I love Buffalo sauce. Put it on anything and I'm like a dog licking peanut butter genitals

Man, I love Buffalo sauce. Put it on anything and I'm like a dog licking peanut butter genitals
I hope that if I ever meet you, a bizarre series of events which leaves me nude and covered and buffalo sauce does not come to pass.

I am really tired of the "elections have consequences" bullshit response when conservatives can't actually defend the policies of those they vote for.

"It's bad that Republicans are about to launch a giant laser beam to vaporize all known fresh water sources on earth so that bottle water companies' stock prices increase."

"Elections have consequences lololol. You only oppose them doing that because your candidate lost."

I am really tired of the "elections have consequences" bullshit response when conservatives can't actually defend the policies of those they vote for.

"It's bad that Republicans are about to launch a giant laser beam to vaporize all known fresh water sources on earth so that bottle water companies' stock prices increase."

"Elections have consequences lololol. You only oppose them doing that because your candidate lost."

Fucking up the planet to trigger the libzzzzz

I resent the naked number in the thread title. I shall deeply protest.

I resent the naked number in the thread title. I shall deeply protest.
It's being sorted. Or sordid. Something like that.

I'm sure there will be a return to normal goodness but for now, minimalism is appropriate.

I love the lyrics, starting the song by saying how everybody else is wrong and they are right.

Men make gods of wood and stone,
But the true God they’ve not known.
He is God Almighty,
As he’s often shown.
Other gods just cannot see
What in future days will be.
For witnesses they look all in vain,
Since none their godship can maintain.
(CHORUS)

We’re Jehovah’s Witnesses.
We speak out in fearlessness.
Ours is the God of true prophecy;