War Room Lounge v63

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Is there a number or length of time this needs to happen for before it becomes real life?

I swear it's been in the news once a month since last December.

There are different yield curves. First time for this one (in this cycle). It's a pretty big deal.

fredgraph.png

Shaded areas are recessions.

Very likely that we'll see a recession within the next two years.

Unlike you plebs, I acid wash the insides of my jeans.

There are different yield curves. First time for this one (in this cycle). It's a pretty big deal.

fredgraph.png

Shaded areas are recessions.

Very likely that we'll see a recession within the next two years.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that there will not be a recession during Trump's first term.

That isn't based on any knowledge of the markets, but rather a gained knowledge of the luck of the Republican Party and Trump specifically in not getting stuck with the hot potato.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that there will not be a recession during Trump's first term.

That isn't based on any knowledge of the markets, but rather a gained knowledge of the luck of the Republican Party and Trump specifically in not getting stuck with the hot potato.

Average economic growth is much higher under Democrats than it is under Republicans, and luck is the main reason for that. I think it's very likely within the next two years, but probably not much better than even to happen before the presidential election (this has kind of been my long-term view--the recent news makes me feel more confident that I was right but doesn't change my estimation of the odds).

I had to see this so so do you. Painting Epstien had in his mansion of Ole Bill

clinton-painting.jpg

Average economic growth is much higher under Democrats than it is under Republicans, and luck is the main reason for that. I think it's very likely within the next two years, but probably not much better than even to happen before the presidential election (this has kind of been my long-term view--the recent news makes me feel more confident that I was right but doesn't change my estimation of the odds).

So there's a very good chance that Trump loses, the economy sputters, and the Democrats get blamed while Trump says "I told you the economy would crash without my big uh-brain."

Rich people are fucking weird.

You mean cancerous.

There is absolutely a corrosive effect to excess wealth, both on the individual and, when concentrated, on society.

That's the conversation that we should be having about this billionaire pedophile ring: that it wouldn't' exist without billionaires. When these guys run out of investments, can't buy any more yachts, and have already put a small country's GDP in their savings, their spending turns sour. They start bribing and buying politicians. They start funding dishonest disinformation outlets like Illinois Policy Institute. They start operating pedophile empires.

You mean cancerous.

There is absolutely a corrosive effect to excess wealth, both on the individual and, when concentrated, on society.
IDK about cancerous as there are plenty of super rich people (or just rich in general) that do good shit with their money. Bill Gates is a great example and while he doesn't hold a candle in terms of money in his account look what Chris Long did the last 3 playing years with his contract. His game checks he all donated and lived off his endorsement stuff. JJ Watt and Gronkowski both haven't spent a dime of their contract money and look at all the shit at least Watt did personally to help Houston post hurricane.

I agree that when you get a large concentration that are all friends and shit it can get bad (Epstein being the prime example right now) but plenty of the super rich also do a lot of good for the world.

Goddamn, it's remarkable how many times videos of Yemen have ruined my day.

I've donated quite a lot at this point, and I see videos on Facebook at least two or three times a week. It's also pretty fucking infuriating that we're still aiding Saudi Arabia because Donald Trump and the Republican Party are disgusting evil sacks of shit.

Goddamn, it's remarkable how many times videos of Yemen have ruined my day.
I know it makes me seem cold but I ignore that shit. My job has me dealing with shitheads enough here in the US that I don't need to see that shit too.

So there's a very good chance that Trump loses, the economy sputters, and the Democrats get blamed while Trump says "I told you the economy would crash without my big uh-brain."

Some chance. You gotta figure the odds of a recession not coming before the election, the odds of Trump winning if there isn't one, and then the odds of a recession coming shortly after the election if there isn't one before it. Each individually would not be surprising, but put them all together, and it's not all that likely.

But anyway, partisan idiots are going to partisan idiot. Just the other day, some moron was saying that Obama doubled the debt while he was president.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back