• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge v60: "Joe Biden, and no we're not joking" -America

Status
Not open for further replies.
George Washington was born a British subject, but died an American.

Progression needs to happen, but pragmatically and incrementally. Obama had the ball rolling as a centrist, but America hates Hillary Clinton.

Now one side is pandering so hard, and the other is enabled to show their real colors.

15 an hour overnight? Shock to the system. Needs incremental increases over the years so that businesses can catch up with the over head.

Open borders immigration? No, sorry, were still a nation of laws. We need to at least have the presence of trying to do something about it, instead of saying it's racist to send illegals back. Give an open border policy 10 years and see the change.

Gun laws? Federal mandatory background and mental health check. Imo anyone who buys a gun for the first time should be forced to go through the proper classes and training for safety and discipline. Handgun or rifle. If you have a history of medication or therapy, no gun for you.

Simple stuff, but not shocking.

You could just follow the rules.

<Fedor23>
I've been dubbed once in my entire sherdog life. Some mod, can't remember who, thought I was spoiling in a got thread when I was just speculating. Hurt me to the core.

How about instead of a shitload of mass shootings with low casualties, we have one big giant fuckoff mass shooting each year with like 300 dead?

It would streamline the whole political and emotional process for everyone. It's 2019, these things should be more efficient.

I do. He's the only one not completely pandering for a winless cause. Progression is great, but best a road taken slowly.
Sorry, but you are reading the electorate incorrectly. There's no reason to believe that the GOP is going to be any more cooperative for the next Democrat president than they were for Obama. McConnell realized (correctly) that there is no penalty, at least from GOP voters, for officials to be to be completely intransigent when offered a compromise from Democrats. Political progress is a Gordian Knot for Democrats; it's better to cut through it than to try and detangle the mess.

How about instead of a shitload of mass shootings with low casualties, we have one big giant fuckoff mass shooting each year with like 300 dead?

It would streamline the whole political and emotional process for everyone. It's 2019, these things should be more efficient.
<{ByeHomer}>

Sorry, but you are reading the electorate incorrectly. There's no reason to believe that the GOP is going to be any more cooperative for the next Democrat president than they were for Obama. McConnell realized (correctly) that there is no penalty, at least from GOP voters, for officials to be to be completely intransigent when offered a compromise from Democrats. Political progress is a Gordian Knot for Democrats; it's better to cut through it than to try and detangle the mess.
So you see the far left taking over the house, Senate and executive branch?

The pickings are slim. He is obviously the most experienced candidate, he's fairly moderate by today's standards which I think might help him in some states, and I think he would do just fine as a 4-year stop gap. Mayor Pete is the brightest and most articulate, but he has no experience to speak of.

Who do you support?

Who'd you vote for in 2016?

Lots of good candidates, IMO. Warren, Buttigieg, Hickenlooper, Klobuchar, Booker, Inslee, Bernie. I'm not a huge fan of Biden or Harris, but they'd both be big improvements over Trump.

It's much easier to be a naturally cool, calm collected and nice guy (like me) instead of the phony, fraudulent gimmicky nice guy (like @Jack V Savage)

Says the guy who tags someone out of the blue to throw out an ugly, baseless personal attack. My niceness isn't gimmicky at all. I just don't get off on you guys' negativity.

Last edited:
So you see the far left taking over the house, Senate and executive branch?
That's part of the problem: there has not been a historically "far left" political force in the US. There is a far right group and a bipartisan group that tries to compromise with the far right one.
In the long run, it doesn't matter if the democrats take over the branches of government if the GOP remains on its current trajectory. The thing that matters is that the party as a whole starts moving leftwards and stops conceding ground to a party that isn't bargaining in good faith.

Last edited:
That's an odd interpretation.
How so? The base is growing, and clearly more politicians need to pander to their base.

You said half of the stuff happening was just far left fringe a few years ago.

Lots of good candidates, IMO. Warren, Buttigieg, Hickenlooper, Klobuchar, Booker, Inslee, Bernie. I'm not a huge fan of Biden or Harris, but they'd both be big improvements over Trump.

When it comes to politics, I'm boring and change scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back