War Room Lounge v54: I was there for Kimura-Gracie, solid crowd

When did you start watching MMA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegan diets for cats and dogs is absolutely animal abuse, they are carnivorous. Luckily I don't know anyone who has done that to their pets in real life, I would be tempted to slip their pet a steak lol.

We talking Chips ahoy soft or hard? Those soft ones are so addicting lol. Either way I'm kidding about the dogs punishment, aside from major fuck ups we should just let the pooches bang imo

I think dogs are omnivores like people and could survive a vegan diet. Cats will actually starve to death

Isn't "go back to Africa" an old racial taunt in the US? I certainly had that impression, but then it might have just been from listening to Public Enemy in the '80s.
Yes. It was still around when I was a kid on the west coast (it was more prevalent in the middle of the country), though it was becoming quite taboo by the '90s, and you'd much more often hear "go back to Mexico" directed at any Hispanic person, and that was still somewhat acceptable.

I think dogs are omnivores like people and could survive a vegan diet. Cats will actually starve to death
Dogs can survive on anything. The bastards have iron stomachs.

It defoes is. I remember watching an episode of ricky lake where they had racists of different persuasions live with families of the groups they hated. In retrospect this seems extremely irresponsible: they had a full on, swastika wearing neo nazi stay with a jewish family. Anyways, the guy who just plain didn't like black people said ''I think they should go back to Africa'' when asked what he thought about Black people. Interestingly, he was one of the people who was won over. It must have been the stick to your ribs home cookin. The nazi stayed a nazi, unsurprisingly.

To be fair, 'Jewish cooking' is not as impressive as 'Black cooking' so the Nazi wasn't give a fair chance imo

They may be able to survive but I don't think it's ideal for them. The teeth don't lie.

I know he doesn't have me on ignore because he was publicly complaining about an av I was using that a mod said was okay.

Him and a couple others will pretend to have others on ignore but the truth is they care far too much to ever ignore anyone. They read every post, sometimes multiple times while seething with rage.

Dogs still need meat to be really healthy, they just aren't wholly dependent on it like cats. But they should never ever be getting nothing but vegetables. Nothing about their biology makes them any good at finding and digesting plant matter. I mean, look at what all the other canids eat in the wild.
People that feed their cat veggies are fucking awful.

That's tough....but fair.

Fuck me I love Deli sandwiches, especially a good Reuben etc... But Black Americans honestly have some of the best cuisine in the entire fucking world. They know how to eat.

Fuck me I love Deli sandwiches, especially a good Reuben etc... But Black Americans honestly have some of the best cuisine in the entire fucking world. They know how to eat.

That's exactly how I see it. I love a pastrami sammich with a kosher pickle. Kosher hot dogs are also the best hot dogs. Mozze ball soup and latkes are my jam. But soul food is out of control.

That's exactly how I see it. I love a pastrami sammich with a kosher pickle. Kosher hot dogs are also the best hot dogs. Mozze ball soup and latkes are my jam. But soul food is out of control.
What's different about a kosher pickle?

I love how you made 2005 the TUF option and then went unlabelled for 2006-2010 @Fawlty.
Even better is how everyone's avoided it. :D

What's different about a kosher pickle?

It's a brine pickle, as opposed to one that uses vinegar. More cultures than jews make them. That's how Eastern europeans make them, too. They're a lot better fresh than storebought, because they have to be pasteurized to be sold in jars.

They're actually really easy to make. You just need a jar, salt, water, spices, garlic. Mix them all up and in 2 weeks you have pickles.

I love how you made 2005 the TUF option and then went unlabelled for 2006-2010 @Fawlty.
Even better is how everyone's avoided it. :D
I call shenanigans!

The 2011-present category is there because of the Fox deal, but I didn't really have a reason for separating 2005 from TUF's long popular run other than to see who would cop to it.

Correct.

Dogs can be vegan, and it's often a healthier diet. And it helps that, when they get sick and are not eating, you can reintroduce meat and it can jump starts their appetite. Cats will straight up die.

I call shenanigans!

The 2011-present category is there because of the Fox deal, but I didn't really have a reason for separating 2005 from TUF's long popular run other than to see who would cop to it.

I thought he was alluding to the fact that there was a second wave in 2008 from Brock Lesnar.

For me, I started c. 1999 with VHS tapes. Then I got heavier into it c. 2002 with TIto/Shamrock I and Matt Hughes' title reign. Then TUF kind of acted like another accelerant.

I thought he was alluding to the fact that there was a second wave in 2008 from Brock Lesnar.

For me, I started c. 1999 with VHS tapes. Then I got heavier into it c. 2002 with TIto/Shamrock I and Matt Hughes' title reign. Then TUF kind of acted like another accelerant.
Putting a Lesnar era might have been useful, with '05-'07 being TUF and Lesnar being '08-'10.

You're one of the rare cases of getting into it in the dark ages. I wasn't watching at all back then. Took a big break from like '96 through to maybe '02-'03.

It's more than 20 years later, and I still haven't figured out how I feel about all the characters in the Lewinsky scandal.

Ken Starr is obviously an enormous piece of shit. Lucianne Goldberg is obviously a piece of shit as well.

Linda Tripp and Bill Clinton are on the lower tier of pieces of shit.

Lewinsky definitely got the worst treatment relative to her supposed wrongdoing. I don't buy that she was tantamount to a rape victim, and I think she was most likely a full participant in the courtship with Bill, but the narrative that she was a gold digger, a fame-seeker, or an extortionist is just factually ludicrous.

Putting a Lesnar era might have been useful, with '05-'07 being TUF and Lesnar being '08-'10.

You're one of the rare cases of getting into it in the dark ages. I wasn't watching at all back then. Took a big break from like '96 through to maybe '02-'03.

Ha, I wasn't watching the dark ages matches, though. I was watching the early era matches during the dark ages period. Although Frank Shamrock did later become my favorite fighter. And he still is (after Fedor, and tied with Cain and Nick Diaz).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back