War Room Lounge V47: The Cool Kids are in the Over-40 Club

Hey asshole, how old are you? (Cool people are over 40)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so. I generally recall that everyone but me was high on Arrested Development.

1. The Office
2. Seinfeld
3. Community
4. Scrubs
5. Modern Family
6. Always Sunny
7. King of the Hill
8. Veep
9. Bored to Death
10. Schitt's Creek

Surprised to see the Bored vote. That was a really fun show that I'd mostly forgotten.

I think so. I generally recall that everyone but me was high on Arrested Development.

1. The Office
2. Seinfeld
3. Community
4. Scrubs
5. Modern Family
6. Always Sunny
7. King of the Hill
8. Veep
9. Bored to Death
10. Schitt's Creek

The Office is my personal favorite, but Seinfeld is the undisputed GOAT.
I hated Scitt's creek, and I feel like I am the only person who never found the office funny

1. The Office
2. Seinfeld
3. Community
4. Scrubs
5. Modern Family
6. Always Sunny
7. King of the Hill
8. Veep
9. Bored to Death
10. Schitt's Creek

The Office is my personal favorite, but Seinfeld is the undisputed GOAT.

Big props for mentioning Schitt's Creek and bored to Death. I think Chris Elliot should have had a bigger career than he did. I fucking love Cabin Boy.

Schitt's Creek actually reminds of ASIP as ensemble masterpiece where you never know which character will shine from episode to episode.

Scrubs is weird to me. I loved the initial season but though it wore thin quickly.

Never really got King of The Hill even though I like everything else from Mike Judge.

I also hold South Park up there with the GOATs....

Big props for mentioning Schitt's Creek and bored to Death. I think Chris Elliot should have had a bigger career than he did. I fucking love Cabin Boy.

Were you a Get a Life fan? I was at the time, but I barely remember it.

Ah, Newsradio
Sooooooo good
giphy.gif

1. Simpsons
2. Seinfeld
3. Curb
4. Arrested Development
5. Newsradio

Newsradio is another great call (RIP Hartman). Dave Foley is hilarious and had a cameo in Always Sunny

Also if you haven't watched the movie The Wrong Guy it's historical imo

Speaking of Mike Judge reminded me of this movie I just watched On Demand that was pretty funny

Surprised to see the Bored vote. That was a really fun show that I'd mostly forgotten.

The last two spots are kind of interchangeable. I think I gave it to Corner Gas before, which is less funny than Bored (and a lot of sitcoms frankly) but is very light and reliable. Other names that could fill in those two slots include 30 Rock, Everybody Loves Raymond, or Louie.

I hated Scitt's creek, and I feel like I am the only person who never found the office funny

Schitt's Creek is purely a showcase for the comedic talent of the cast. The writing, characters, etc. is pretty mediocre, but Eugene Levy is so fucking funny. Idk what you tell you in re The Office. I feel the same way about the UK version but can't get enough of the US version.

I had to look up who this was, but he is a riot in most of his roles.

Schitt's Creek actually reminds of ASIP as ensemble masterpiece where you never know which character will shine from episode to episode.

I think the jokes in Always Sunny are better, but I agree. Still, I think the old boys, Levy and DeVito, are head and shoulders above the rest for my comedic tastes, with Mac being the only character that is even in the same ballpark.

Scrubs is weird to me. I loved the initial season but though it wore thin quickly.

It doesn't have the staying power of the elite shows. It's too wacky and the production too overt. But it def had some LOL moments to me.

It also is easily the moment emotionally touching. Easily the GOAT tear-jerking scene in sitcom history to me. Still gives me goosebumps years later:

IIRC, this episode won it an Emmy.

Last edited:
The last two spots are kind of interchangeable. I think I gave it to Corner Gas before, which is less funny than Bored (and a lot of sitcoms frankly) but is very light and reliable. Other names that could fill in those two slots include 30 Rock, Everybody Loves Raymond, or Louie.

Schitt's Creek is purely a showcase for the comedic talent of the cast. The writing, characters, etc. is pretty mediocre, but Eugene Levy is so fucking funny. Idk what you tell you in re The Office. I feel the same way about the UK version but can't get enough of the US version.

I had to look up who this was, but he is a riot in most of his roles.

I think the jokes in Always Sunny are better, but I agree. Still, I think the old boys, Levy and DeVito, are head and shoulders above the rest for my comedic tastes, with Mac being the only character that is even in the same ballpark.

It doesn't have the staying power of the elite shows. It's too wacky and the production too overt. But it def had some LOL moments to me.

It also is easily the moment emotionally touching. Easily the GOAT tear-jerking scene in sitcom history to me. Still gives me goosebumps years later:

Devito is proof of how good Sunny is.

He is a titan in the industry and told his agent "that new show on FX... get me on there" and Rob was like "Devito wants to be on this? Hell fucking yeah we'll create a role for him"

Devito is proof of how good Sunny is.

He is a titan in the industry and told his agent "that new show on FX... get me on there" and Rob was like "Devito wants to be on this? Hell fucking yeah we'll create a role for him"
The "Being Frank" episode is pure genius at all levels
Same for "The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention"

Also another hot take......

@Fawlty

Lucky Louis is better than Louie......
Seems reasonable. What I remember of Lucky Louie is that it was raw and had great writing, but it never got a chance and was cancelled for no discernible fucking reason. A lot of stand-up fans prefer Lucky Louie.

I liked Louie but it didn't hook me well enough. I binged at least a season or two and really enjoyed it, but I only remember a little bit of it and it didn't draw me back in. It's okay but it feels like it's for hip moms and married dudes. Louis seems like a very smart technical director, I'm just not that into his work other than his stand-up.

Apparently John Dean eviscerated Jordan, Gohmert and Gaetz today.

A real lawyer vs fake lawyers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back