• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge V35: Doomsday. Everything is fine until it isn't.

What is most likely to bring the Doom? Pick 3!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking lol

Had to Google "glub" just to make sure it wasn't a typo misspelling of "club"

glub. Noun. (plural glubs) The sound of underwater bubbles, or of water bubbling (often used repetitively).

Liberal hero Cumala Harris wants to build a wall to keep out other nations and races all the while having leadership decided by two men in a trial of combat.

LOL @ the "Wakanda" reference by an elected official. That's embarrassing. It's a fucking comic book fantasy land. May as well say you want to work towards shaping the future world like "Asgard", or "Pandora".

LOL @ the "Wakanda" reference by an elected official. That's embarrassing. It's a fucking comic book fantasy land. May as well say you want to work towards shaping the future world like "Asgard", or "Pandora".
Asgard? Sounds like a white supremacist haven. People would never want that.

Liberal hero Cumala Harris wants to build a wall to keep out other nations and races all the while having leadership decided by two men in a trial of combat.

Black girl defends herself against Latina Nationalist and her Chucky doll

@tehJameson does his civic duty of swatting Hornet off of womans face

Two MAGA shirt wearing Wakandan Nationalists teach colonizer a valuable lesson in proper waste disposal techniques

Lol go outside you incel.

MAGA shirt wearing man shows old guy how he can send him back to WW2

MAGA shirt wearing girl boy defends heritzehisself agsinst soulless heathen

Lol go outside you incel.
I should take my phone outside and sherdog some jimmies instead of doing it in the comfort of my California King?

I swear, it's like the Alt-right people who think the movie is justification for isolationism left before the second half of the movie.

Person in the cubicle next to me is probably in her 40s... and it's decorated in a bunch of Twilight road signs and shit... like..... Isn't that book series for teenagers?

I swear, it's like the Alt-right people who think the movie is justification for isolationism left before the second half of the movie.
Call me an asshole I still personally prefer Thor Ragnarok to the Black Panther standalone.

It's ultimately super minor but it annoys the fuck out of me that it ruins every scene she's in for me is T'challa's fucking sister always calling him "brother"... like... WE KNOW HE'S YOUR BROTHER JUST USE HIS GODDAMN NAME!!!!!

That plus the whole movie at least myself personally sympathized with Killmonger far FAR more than the hero of the movie in T'challa.

But what do I know... even with End Game coming out this is my most anticipated movie of 2019

There I was completely wasted, out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Citing the law, citing the law
giphy.gif

I loved Black Panther. Took my kids to see it. Seriously, pretty dope movie. I laugh though at how stupid people are with the movie not seeing the irony.

I gotta tell ya. You're a pretty weird dude.

tenor.gif

Call me an asshole I still personally prefer Thor Ragnarok to the Black Panther standalone.
Why would anyone call you a asshole for liking Thor Ragnarok more?

Both great movies but if were getting serious ,Thor is a vastly superior character. Hell he even steals the show in GoTG2.

It's ultimately super minor but it annoys the fuck out of me that it ruins every scene she's in for me is T'challa's fucking sister always calling him "brother"... like... WE KNOW HE'S YOUR BROTHER JUST USE HIS GODDAMN NAME!!!!!

That plus the whole movie at least myself personally sympathized with Killmonger far FAR more than the hero of the movie in T'challa.

But what do I know... even with End Game coming out this is my most anticipated movie of 2019

People miss a crucial point about Killmonger. T'Challa calls him a monster of their own making. It's Wakanda's isolationist policies that created him and it nearly destroys them. In the end, T'Challa realizes the mistakes of his forefathers and opens up the country to the world

People miss a crucial point about Killmonger. T'Challa calls him a monster of their own making. It's Wakanda's isolationist policies that created him and it nearly destroys them. In the end, T'Challa realizes the mistakes of his forefathers and opens up the country to the world
Oh I get all that.

I'm not in the "Black Panther sucks" camp. I'm in the "it's decent I just think Thor from that year was a more fun to watch/better Marvel movie"

I think the other issue I have which makes me laugh a bit is I've seen The Wire so many damn times the intro scene of Killmonger at the museum makes me laugh my ass off a bit. My brain does the:
"That's Wallace... the motherfucker couldn't keep the count straight AND couldn't tell when he was given a fake $5 bill and you mean to tell me he's basically a super soldier? FLOL!!!!"

Last edited:
Killmonger's father was a radical and a terrorist.
Wakanda assassinated his father and left him to rot.
Killmonger himself became radicalized from this.
It wasn't Wakanda's isolationist policies that caused this, it was a couple of poor decisions; one by a radical and another by a leader.

That realization T'Challa comes too as his once prosperous country falls deeply into a spiral of unrest...

maxresdefault.jpg

Killmonger's father was a radical and a terrorist.
Wakanda assassinated his father and left him to rot.
Killmonger himself became radicalized from this.
It wasn't Wakanda's isolationist policies that caused this, it was a couple of poor decisions; one by a radical and another by a leader.
Killmonger's father was radicallized from seeing the suffering of African people in America and around the world. He was caught trying to arm oppressed people with smuggled Wakandan vibranium.

Killmonger's father was radicallized from seeing the suffering of African people in America and around the world. He was caught trying to arm oppressed people with smuggled Wakandan vibranium.
yeah, thats called a terrorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back