War Room Lounge V35: Doomsday. Everything is fine until it isn't.

What is most likely to bring the Doom? Pick 3!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

For grins I'm defining Doomsday as some event so severe that it causes the deaths of at least a billion people, destroying the world economy and bringing modern life to a halt. Food and water shortages, power grid down at the minimum. It could be as severe as wiping out life entirely, but it has to decrease the human population by at least a billion in less than a year.

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click insert quote, and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

Odd Note:
"

Until at dusk, from God knows where,
Beneath dark birds that filled the air,
Like one who did not hear or care,
Under a blood-red cloud,
An aged ploughman came alone
And drove his share through flesh and bone,
And turned them under to mould and stone;
All night long he ploughed.

"
― Conrad Aiken

"Time to go down to the basement for some more hauntingly delicious...Meals Ready to Eat!
― Count Chocula

Last edited:
Watching Marty Usman on Rogan right now. Totally making me a fan.

Pole needs one more option
-Limbo Pete siezes the Spear of Destiny and brings down the Final Reckoning

Dang, starting to feel dat nihilistic blues creeping up.

I already have "Angry Supernatural Entity" imo. If you could, please try to stick it in Florida if possible, just so we can have a few seconds of peace.

How about hillary wins and trump refuses to give up office leading to total annihilation.

Voted for mass insanity.
I think when historians look back at the fall of America, they will point to 9/11 like it was the assassination of archduke Ferdinand

Last edited:
I pick the time limit expires and the player decides not to add credits to the game.

Did everyone go to the gym today and swell the body?

Slowly your eloquence is improving. The dendrites are throbbing gloriously today. I am paying attention...

Oof, tough choice between solar flare and supervolcano.

Was just talking about the solar storm of 1896(?), man if that were to happen today, things could get ugly.

Ice Age would be tight.

I could see a mountain blowing up and causing a global issue.

Manufactured disease is most likely imo

I think a climate induced drought will collapse the food chain and lead to greater disease that will accelerate the antibiotic resistance issue.

Ice Age would be tight.

I could see a mountain blowing up and causing a global issue.

Manufactured disease is most likely imo

I voted ice age. Hell of a way to go though, supernova would be faster.

I think a climate induced drought will collapse the food chain and lead to greater disease that will accelerate the antibiotic resistance issue.
Sweet combo. I was thinking more along the lines of crop failure, but that could be spicy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back