• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge V35: Doomsday. Everything is fine until it isn't.

What is most likely to bring the Doom? Pick 3!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, thats called a terrorist.

Haven't seen the movie, but that's not what being a terrorist means. Carrying out acts of mass violence against civilians to send a political message is what makes a terrorist.

Do you live in a world without nuance or something?

Whatever, it's a fucking comic book movie.

Nuance? Terrorists all have a compelling origin story, it doesn't excuse killing innocents.

Haven't seen the movie, but that's not what being a terrorist means. Carrying out acts of mass violence against civilians to send a political message is what makes a terrorist.
Then maybe you should watch the movie before you try to correct my definition of terrorism.
Terrorism is the only avenue in which weapons could be used to get the desired outcome. There are no strategic strikes when the problem is systemic.

Then maybe you should watch the movie before you try to correct my definition of terrorism.
Terrorism is the only avenue in which weapons could be used to get the desired outcome. There are no strategic strikes when the problem is systemic.

He's banned from his local theaters.

Last edited:
Was the American Revolution an act of terrorism?

You were supporting the GOP's attempt to win the presidential election by arresting the candidate leading in the polls on bullshit charges relating to information security, and now you're A) looking the other way on worse information-security practices and B) defending hypocrisy with a ridiculous resort to "precedent" and attacks on people who notice it.

giphy.webp

Feel free to add me to your extensive ignore list.

Was the American Revolution an act of terrorism?
For me I always felt like terrorism has to be acts of violence directed at soft targets for the purpose of a political agenda. IE... the dude getting pissed off and snapping and shooting up his workplace isn't terrorism though it's a soft target but the guy blowing up a car outside of a Church to injure people at Sunday services IS a terrorist.

also has A level athletism

6 months training ufc champ

For me I always felt like terrorism has to be acts of violence directed at soft targets for the purpose of a political agenda. IE... the dude getting pissed off and snapping and shooting up his workplace isn't terrorism though it's a soft target but the guy blowing up a car outside of a Church to injure people at Sunday services IS a terrorist.

More like actual rebellion. But since they won,...well, just ask the South.

Its entirely a matter of perspective. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter (or something like that).
There were certainly acts of terrorism during the Revolutionary War, US citizens may not see it that way, but the British certainly did.
Likewise for the IRA, AQ, etc. In the movie, Killmonger's dad was arming people with weapons to fight an intangible foe: systemic racism.
There is no way that wouldn't be considered anything less than terrorism, until they won, in which case they would be called revolutionaries.

Feel free to add me to your extensive ignore list.

If you find your party so hard to defend that you have to plead with people not to read your embarrassingly hypocritical arguments (and defenses of hypocrisy), maybe it's time to find a new party. Seriously, it would liberating to just be able to say, "yes, Republicans and the MSM were totally full of shit when they pretended to believe that information security was the most important issue in the last election."

If you find your party so hard to defend that you have to plead with people not to read your embarrassingly hypocritical arguments (and defenses of hypocrisy), maybe it's time to find a new party.

While it may well have been appropriate before and at the time of that exchange, I don't think it's really fair to currently say the GOP is "his party," since he doesn't reflexively support or defend it here (like others like Heretic, Farmer, Mick, etc.). He may well be biased toward the GOP and looking for an excuse to support the party since their platform is more favorable to his most passionate self intersets (gun ownership), but that's still different than it being *his* party.

While it may well have been appropriate before and at the time of that exchange, I don't think it's really fair to currently say the GOP is "his party," since he doesn't reflexively support or defend it here (like others like Heretic, Farmer, Mick, etc.). He may well be biased toward the GOP and looking for an excuse to support the party since their platform is more favorable to his most passionate self intersets (gun ownership), but that's still different than it being *his* party.

Don't know if you remember 2016, but the guy was the most passionate defender of the idea that the election should be decided by arresting the frontrunner on bullshit charges. If you're supporting the end of democracy and the rule of law in order to put a party in power, it's your damned party. You gotta own that shit.

And that's without even getting into his pathetic defense of hypocrisy in this thread...

@Cubo de Sangre
When's the last time you voted for a democrat in a national election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back