• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

War Room Lounge v193: Thanks to SJWs we can't beat any animals anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, you build ONE Wonder and they throw a fucking fit.
It wasn't even that, hell I don't think I even built a wonder
Our capitals ended up being like 10 tiles apart and they were too far ahead tech wise so they just swarmed me with coursairs and knights before I could even get pikeman

Not to mention I went with a random Civ and got god damn Ghandi my least favorite leader to play

It wasn't even that, hell I don't think I even built a wonder
Our capitals ended up being like 10 tiles apart and they were too far ahead tech wise so they just swarmed me with coursairs and knights before I could even get pikeman
Goddamn fuck that shit.

Its a dog eat dog world in Civ
The last time I didn't take this approach, China pushed my shit in and ruined me in a game I was playing with @HockeyBjj

Was that the game I picked a fight with Spain my ass couldn’t cash?

Hockey- oh sweet! There’s a pinch point here, but should be able to get through with swordsmen and take their capital before they get walls!

Decalre war. Two turns later they get walls and also an encampment up. Absolutely slaughter my troops in the pinch point.

Meanwhile @Shoemaker just chilling and building science up to cruise to an uncontested victory.

@Shoemaker @Quipling @CubicleGangster @Gregolian

I get off work early here at 230. Wife gonna grab coffee with a friend. So I’d be free to play some civ if you guys don’t mind the occasional turn delay as I take care of baby. Will need to do a Walmart pickup by 6. I’d also be free Friday morning.

*all times central

Hockey- oh sweet! There’s a pinch point here, but should be able to get through with swordsmen and take their capital before they get walls!

Decalre war. Two turns later they get walls and also an encampment up. Absolutely slaughter my troops in the pinch point.

Meanwhile @Shoemaker just chilling and building science up to cruise to an uncontested victory.

I believe so. We ended up remaking because the both of us were pretty much out of the game at that point.

I get off work early here at 230. Wife gonna grab coffee with a friend. So I’d be free to play some civ if you guys don’t mind the occasional turn delay as I take care of baby. Will need to do a Walmart pickup by 6. I’d also be free Friday morning.

*all times central

I have a lot of school work I am suppose to be doing so of course I am free to play

Alright I bought Civ6, going to try and figure this out during the long weekend.

tenor.gif

Vanilla Civ 6 is pretty bland. Strongly recommend getting the gathering storm update off the bat. Skip the Rise and Fall expansion, as all of the R&F features are included in GS. So economically definitely the way to go.

There’s a new Frontier Pass out, but that’s really only needed if you’ve played a lot of Civ6 and want some new features to spice it back up. Meanwhile the GS expansion seems to add some stuff that feel needed and hardcore missing to play without in the plain.

tenor.gif

Vanilla Civ 6 is pretty bland. Strongly recommend getting the gathering storm update off the bat. Slip the Rise and Fall expansion, as all of the R&F features are included in GS. So economically definitely the way to go.

There’s a new Frontier Pass out, but that’s really only needed if you’ve played a lot of Civ6 and want some new features to spice it back up. Meanwhile the GS expansion seems to add some stuff that feel needed and hardcore missing to play without in the plain.
Yeah, the world congress and diplomatic/political features were needed.

Yeah, the world congress and diplomatic/political features were needed.

Loyalty as well. Vanilla 6 you could plop a city down in a 1 tile available area next to someone’s capitol no problem. I always used that as a staging area to take them over without having to fight through the outer cities first

cool, I’ll keep you in mind as well for tags when looking for a Sherdog multiplayer game

lol that game was stupid. I had something like 207 science while everyone else had 20-30. The game gave me an entire continent to myself; 100% the most epic start in Civ 6 I've had. I'll never recreate that.

*all times central

I'd love to but my physical therapy went tits up last week so I've been stuck in bed. I'm starting to move around the house now but I've got to avoid sitting. Plus I'm pretty loopy on muscle relaxers and it takes me awhile to get my thoughts in order.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll be in better shape. I've only had these relaxers for a day so far and they're making a world of difference. Piriformis syndrome & sciatica is a real bummer. Train your glutes, people. I'll never sit for longer than a couple hours for the rest of my life.

*all times central
Friday morning I will be busy moving the last of my stuff out. Today, I am going to be on the road in about 10-20 minutes and halfway unpacking the rest of the day but I should be available off and on throughout the weekend.

I can PROBABLY hook up my Astro headset to do audio chat on like Discord or something but I've never done that before admittedly.

I did tell some guys I play Destiny with that I was targetting a Friday evening start time for a Destiny 2 Divinity raid run in Garden though. I MIGHT try streaming it so you can see us all rage out at it.

Is it on ps4?

But yes, it’s also available on PS4. This game with a controller instead of a mouse would seem
weird to me tho. But obviously people manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back