War Room Lounge v170: I don't read threads by NordicWarrior1888 and ArmedandReadyToStartFiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of regurgitating the same advert for the UFC ppv on the prelims is kinda annoying.

Just tuned into the fights....Jfc Diego is a mess, and I’m not even talking about the damage he’s taken in this fight.

people are going to look back on Diego in a few years and wonder how he was allowed to continue fighting for the last 3+ years of his career. This is real time tragedy taking place

Just tuned into the fights....Jfc Diego is a mess, and I’m not even talking about the damage he’s taken in this fight.

people are going to look back on Diego in a few years and wonder how he was allowed to continue fighting for the last 3+ years of his career. This is real time tragedy taking place
His style and ability are not conducive to a career that lasts beyond 38 years old. I Don’t like to shit talk or second guess fighters, but he needs to hang em up and be happy with a pretty damn entertaining career.

He was always a bit... slow, and this additional CTE isn't gonna help

Hate to pile on, I always respect folks brave enough to get into the octagon, but he always came across to me as being borderline special needs. And his whole crazy warrior act kind of made me always want to roll my eyes. But I still feel sorry for the amount of punishment the guy takes.

Who's rooting for who in the main?

For some reason I want Adesanya to win, I think really just because that "wannabe Ricky Martin" trash talk line is the funniest of all time.

@Darkballs @Fawlty Trump still has considerably better opinion polling among active duty military than Obama did. Can you justify that phenomenon in a way that doesn't disparage the intelligence or character of military personnel?
No not really. The closest I can say for them is they know not what they do.

This 43 year old wants to fuuuuuuuck. She's pretty but the body is, well, it's a woman who has had some kids and she has no incentive to be thin. I asked her how she felt about some stupid bike trolley thing and she segues into her unfun husband and drinking and smoking and having ambien sex and how she's two different people.

If I had any sex drive whatsoever I'd be obligated to show her a good time. As it is, I'm just enjoying the conversation.

@MMAisGod

From a prior conversation you had, you may want to check this article out:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/26/us/politics/minneapolis-defund-police.html

City council that made that original pledge are stating they meant different things than actually disbanding it. It overlaps with how the messaging meant very different things to different factions of the party but the fact that this city council is backtracking a bit kinda shows where the majority is more anchored now that the dust has settled.

Alright so after reading that, I guess I'll point out the most blatant response I can give. How do we know they aren't saying that now to save face because, well, they absolutely meant, had some support "at the time" from some of their base, but simply failed miserably while it also fell out of favor at the same time? "In spirit" and "up for interpretation" sounds cool and all when support for what you attempted has dwindled from when you actually attempted it (and failed). I mean, cliffs--

Momentum stalled this month when the city’s judge-appointed charter commission voted to delay approving the council’s proposed amendment, with the majority saying the legislation was rushed, ill-conceived, and could face legal challenges.

the council’s amendment won’t qualify for this year’s November ballot, meaning Minneapolis’s plan for transformative change will have to wait until at least 2021

The charter “is something that we've known is a barrier to a systemic change in any direction,” said Councilmember Jeremiah Ellison

the council will focus on debating Mayor Jacob Frey’s forthcoming budget proposal

Changing the charter is a prerequisite to any plan to dismantle — or even meaningfully defund — the police, organizers say. The charter, which is kind of like a local constitution for the city, specifically defines the department’s role, size, funding and oversight structure.

In 2018, Minneapolis’s council had tried to amend the document to give the city council legislative control over the police, but was stalled by political disagreement

To replace the police department, the council’s charter amendment would have created a new Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention, which would prioritize a “holistic, public health-oriented approach” to public safety and tackle these non-violent incidents differently, and employ licensed “peace officers.”

^ read that one twice lol.

Ellison points to the historic groundswell of protests calling for a radical reimagining of police as evidence of overwhelming support for the plan.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-13/minneapolis-falters-in-plan-to-disband-the-police

^ See above. There really isn't a oh-I-wonder situation here. They tried to massively defund/disband the police, rushed the legislation, got it delayed, and ultimately failed. Too recent for them to pretend they "didn't mean it", when they literally tried it. The only thing that has changed is the shift in overall public opinion, not their previous actions. The fortunate result is that cooler heads have prevailed and most acknowledge it was an insane proposal at this point, but it doesn't excuse them or that soon to be dead movement.

We must endure our thoughts all night, until
the bright obvious stands motionless in the cold.
- Wallace Stevens
Or just slap on some YouTube white noise and avoid self reflection like it's SARS 4.

Alright so after reading that, I guess I'll point out the most blatant response I can give. How do we know they aren't saying that now to save face because, well, they absolutely meant, had some support "at the time" from some of their base, but simply failed miserably while it also fell out of favor at the same time? "In spirit" and "up for interpretation" sounds cool and all when support for what you attempted has dwindled from when you actually attempted it (and failed). I mean, cliffs--

^ read that one twice lol.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-13/minneapolis-falters-in-plan-to-disband-the-police

^ See above. There really isn't a oh-I-wonder situation here. They tried to massively defund/disband the police, rushed the legislation, got it delayed, and ultimately failed. Too recent for them to pretend they "didn't mean it", when they literally tried it. The only thing that has changed is the shift in overall public opinion, not their previous actions. The fortunate result is that cooler heads have prevailed and most acknowledge it was an insane proposal at this point, but it doesn't excuse them or that soon to be dead movement.

Oh, I completely think it possible some of these people backtracked on what they meant. My point though is even in some keys situations where people went full retard, they either changed their stance (without claiming it was ever what they said) or realized what other people meant and hit the brakes on it. I just think the majority of officials are sensible and know the different between understandable rage and reasonable policy. Even the ones who really thought they could do that seemed to quickly find out that isn’t a good idea and backtracked.

I’m rooting for Reyes and Costa but I’m not a fan of either lol

I have low level, little to no complexity discussions on this site with people where I hope I'm being trolled, because otherwise, what the fuck. What hope can I have in this world to get better.

It's not like I'm some genius or anything either.

I think I need to just leave this site behind. Motherfuckers here are depressing.

I have low level, little to no complexity discussions on this site with people where I hope I'm being trolled, because otherwise, what the fuck. What hope can I have in this world to get better.

I think I need to just leave this site behind. Motherfuckers here are depressing.

You're welcome everyone. My PS vs Xbox comments broke him.

I just read your posts in disbelief, like how is he not getting this. And why is he so smug when he doesn't get it. And then I start to think, well, if he can't get this, what does he get? How many people here are like him? Then I start to think back, and the last time I was this confused and exasperated was talking about sports with Foster. He was probably trolling, but at the same time I'd seen him be serious and it felt the same before so I could not tell. And it was troubling.

That's how I see you. More like a worrying trend and cause to reflect about why I am spending time here. It's not so much about you as it is about me. So, I guess congrats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back