War Room Lounge v170: I don't read threads by NordicWarrior1888 and ArmedandReadyToStartFiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawlty

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cheers to @A Lurker for the thread title

Mod Note: This thread is for general conversation and any other conversations to avoid derails in regular threads. If you find yourself going off topic in a thread, please quote the person's post, come in here, click "insert quote" and continue on in here. This is also still the War Room. Do not expect OT/Bare Knuckles rules in here.

@MMAisGod

From a prior conversation you had, you may want to check this article out:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/26/us/politics/minneapolis-defund-police.html

City council that made that original pledge are stating they meant different things than actually disbanding it. It overlaps with how the messaging meant very different things to different factions of the party but the fact that this city council is backtracking a bit kinda shows where the majority is more anchored now that the dust has settled.

@MMAisGod

From a prior conversation you had, you may want to check this article out:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/26/us/politics/minneapolis-defund-police.html

City council that made that original pledge are stating they meant different things than actually disbanding it. It overlaps with how the messaging meant very different things to different factions of the party but the fact that this city council is backtracking a bit kinda shows where the majority is more anchored now that the dust has settled.

More than that, though, it's a classic case of disputes between Nordicwarrior1888 and VeganfeministforBLM123 not having any connection to real-world politics because defunding the police is very much on the table if the GOP has its way, and not if Democrats do. Dishonest leftists might call that "silly," but it's objective reality. States and localities are facing a budget crunch, and maintaining their funding will require federal aid.

More than that, though, it's a classic case of disputes between Nordicwarrior1888 and VeganfeministforBLM123 not having any connection to real-world politics because defunding the police is very much on the table if the GOP has its way, and not if Democrats do. Dishonest leftists might call that "silly," but it's objective reality. States and localities are facing a budget crunch, and maintaining their funding will require federal aid.

I think I chimed in last time but there do seem to be folks who took it literally but for the most part, those people either don’t have a public office or enough power to truly have that come to fruition. I don’t think many who heard about the initial pledge will now find out it isn’t happening but this is one of the key ones I think MiG would be interested in the update.

Last article I read said that your COPS program has had reduced funding over the years anyway, although Byrne JAG has been largely untouched (Bush wanted to remove it, but stalled. He reduced the amount by about 60%, but Obama refunded it). Neither program has been able to demonstrate an effect on crime rates though.

We must endure our thoughts all night, until
the bright obvious stands motionless in the cold.
- Wallace Stevens

He can't say certain letters anymore. Watch how he pronounces 'career' it's almost a slur.

Joe Biden is 180 years old.

The man is fit as a fiddle.

Could you imagine Trump's porky ass trying to ride a bike? Lol. Let alone hold a conversation while doing it.

9636692df93bf07f0fe2c22b292b9150.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back