War Room Lounge v150: What is FART? Have a nice life Wednesday edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://forums.sherdog.com/posts/161204730/

tumblr_ovxuujgn1Y1s1v3r1o2_500.gifv

It's less appropriation for me... I don't mind some white person opening a sushi place or Koreans running a Japanese restaurant but I hate seeing it become a commodity.

The Buddhist example... the way Romani get shit on until it comes to "healing crystals" some fucking Karen has.... or all the McDojo dipshits out there running fake martial art schools looking like a somehow less cool David Carradine.

I have always felt the term "culture appropriation" gets thrown around a tad too much but it also bothers me how Asians are the one ethnic group where the "Great White Hope" or being whitewashed is still allowed in Hollywood (barring the 300 movies everyone having English accents or Gods of Egypt being white dudes). The Great Wall movie turns the Mongols into demons and shit and fucking Matt Damon is the savior? Or Last Samurai where 3/4s the fucking costumes don't even look Japanese (the armor) and the "last samurai" is some fucking white dude that uses it as redemption to marry the widow of someone he killed after helping kill natives in the States?

Fuck off with that shit. I can get like having a Korean actor play a Japanese character and the mixing that happens that way given that top end Asian actors seem to be pretty limited (Kenneth Choi being a prime example of a dude cast for a ton of different Asian roles). But then having Scar Jo be the main actress for the live action Ghost in the Shell?
tenor.gif

Peacock, NBC Universal's streaming service just sent me an email suggesting I watch a Nicolas Cage movie this weekend.

Lul wut?

If it's Garth Ennis yeah. Seriously, his run with Punisher should be used as an outline for how to properly do anti-heroes.
Here are the details so far:

-after high school, Doug and Skeeter both join the army and go special forces; Pattie leaves for college
-After 4 years, all 3 return to Bluffington; Doug has been medically discharged and Skeeter starts his own PMC
-Doug finally confesses his feelings to Patti and she reciprocates
-They’re having a picnic in Bluffington Park and Doug’s family is there too
-There’s a shootout involving the Irish (led by Roger Klotz), the Dogs of Hell (led by Mr Bone’s nephew), and the cartel (led by Chalky); Doug survives but Patti and his family are dead (even Porkchop :eek:)
-Doug becomes the Punisher but spray paints a Qual’s head on his vest instead of a skull
-Doug, with Skeeter’s help (and Larry as Micro), eventually kills everyone involved...or so he thinks
-After the final kill, Skeeter shoots Doug and reveals he was involved too and helped to tie up loose ends for his boss who is Mr Dink working for the CIA
-Skeeter tells him that Patti and his family were “collateral damage, honk honk” before leaving him for dead
-Doug survives after Larry/Micro finds him and he secretly recovers to full health

Thats’s where I’m at so far.

My Twitch producer bought me a cheap refurbished PC for me since my graphics card/ RAM on my broken PC are still good to go.

Fingers crossed my dumbass can figure out how to put everything together.

My Twitch producer bought me a cheap refurbished PC for me since my graphics card/ RAM on my broken PC are still good to go.

Fingers crossed my dumbass can figure out how to put everything together.
Producer? Are you partnered?

I'M A PATRIOT

The Bruins announced they were going to lock arms during the anthems once hockey resumes.

I don't take a ton of issue with the kneeling save for I feel like some players feel pressured into doing it if they don't want by teammates, Jerry Jones doing his publicity stunt... but what the Seattle Storm and another WNBA team did where they just walked out off the Court while it played legitimately bothered me.

The Bruins announced they were going to lock arms during the anthems once hockey resumes.

I don't take a ton of issue with the kneeling save for I feel like some players feel pressured into doing it if they don't want by teammates, Jerry Jones doing his publicity stunt... but what the Seattle Storm and another WNBA team did where they just walked out off the Court while it played legitimately bothered me.
Why’d it bother you?

Does Sherrod have any specific health problems? He's always seemed a little decrepit. Like someone who had polio as a kid or something.

Not that I know of but you just sent me to his wiki page and I didn't realize that Mike DeWine was the 2 term Senator that he beat out in 2006 for his current seat.

It's kind of crazy that OH is such a red state and yet he's a fairly popular Senator there being one of the more progressive Senator's

That's not even including the Rick Santorums and Michelle Bachmans

They were both contenders at one point in time , I'm not remembering anyone from the left as bad as these that were taken seriously by the left .

Please correct me if I'm wrong

Nope. Not even close.

There just aren't any clowns or shockingly stupid/ignorant people that run for the presidency on the Democratic side. The only one that was kinda, sorta eccentric was Dennis Kucinich, who ran for president in 2008 (never gained traction though). And even his eccentricity was solely based on his claims to having seen an UFO once

Interestingly enough, he was probably the only member of congress that was Bernie-level progressive in his policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back