War Room Lounge v125: I was hoping @Trotsky's "debt for ants" quip would make it into the title lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that meme best when it's deployed like:

How do I get really good at _____ ?

Well, you have to practice a lot, identify where you need improvement, surround yourself with people who are better than you, and hold yourself accountable for your progress...

Alright, then. Keep your secrets.​

RIP to an ATG

He retired less than 10 years ago but apparently he had a very aggressive form of dementia called Lew yBody syndrome. THis is what Robin Williams was suffering from when he decided to end it.

At first I just thought it had to do with non-minority women ratting out minorities for performing innocent activities which may or may not be a violation of local statutes.

Now TS is using it for a member of the far left for simply being a rat.

Maybe memes are meant to be open ended in meaning. Lol

Continuing over here.

I wasn’t aware of a racial context. I thought it was to assign a name to the middle aged woman who asks for a manager when she isn’t happy with the service she is getting. Everyone knows that lady which is why the meme took off so easily.

Continuing over here.

I wasn’t aware of a racial context. I thought it was to assign a name to the middle aged woman who asks for a manager when she isn’t happy with the service she is getting. Everyone knows that lady which is why the meme took off so easily.
Do you recall all the incidents of white women calling the police on: black people gathered on their front lawn, black people gathered in a park, a little black girl selling water, the false accusation of theft by a white woman against a little black girl, and so on? It seems to me that's a different meme but at this point they appear to have been conflated if I am reading the situation correctly.

Do you recall all the incidents of white women calling the police on: black people gathered on their front lawn, black people gathered in a park, a little black girl selling water, the false accusation of theft by a white woman against a little black girl, and so on? It seems to me that's a different meme but at this point they appear to have been conflated if I am reading the situation correctly.

I don’t meme or read memes really. I just have seen videos using the term and they portray a Karen as always asking for a manager. It’s entirely possible there’s overlap or more to the name than I know. I’m not familiar with the one you mentioned.

@Lead take this pissbelt away and I'll make the new lounge thread ;)

j/k I actually don't want to do it, I'm going to be busy shortly; just putting it out there that we're there.

I don’t meme or read memes really. I just have seen videos using the term and they portray a Karen as always asking for a manager. It’s entirely possible there’s overlap or more to the name than I know. I’m not familiar with the one you mentioned.
I think you have the right of it; I was just speculating about the discrepancy.

So, there's a new study from the Lancet that shows there's no sign that Chloroquine is efficacious against COVID-19 and insufficient evaluation of its safety as a treatment for it.
#notsurprisedmotherfuckers

Edit: on the other hand, also according to them the first clinical trial of a vaccine indicates it is safe to use.

@Lead take this pissbelt away and I'll make the new lounge thread ;)

j/k I actually don't want to do it, I'm going to be busy shortly; just putting it out there that we're there.
I'm not gonna make them for the next month, so one of you cheeky devils needs to. I think JDragon and Homer were the other two people who made these regularly back when they started. And a lot of fuckers have extra time on their hands these days...

I honestly didn't expect him to back an appeal to authority on such that results in death. It's such a cut and dry thing. He and I have a lot in common where we write five hundred words to eloquently explain something that probably could have been said in five words but someone has to do it. I'm interested to see his rebuttal to me in the Capitalism thread. It's a topic I wish I could broach more often as every thread for five pages is defined inside that Capitalism thread, but the acceptance of a hard truth is harder to swallow than a hollow question.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back