War Room Lounge v122: my bad bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, @Grave Keeper can give us his memory, but I think the character was popular but not because people thought he was really cool. It's like the Urkel thing.
not really knowing the context of this @ I can say I never really watched the show but my guess is the Fonz was a comically fashioned caricature
designed to draw on commonly accepted norms but skewed with a sense of futility and self abasement.

winkler performed the role admirably.
the fact that IRL he raped Erin Moran numerous times behind the scenes
under threat of being fired from the show illustrates just how accurately, and tragically,
"art" sometimes mimics and surpasses life in cruelty.
but then there's the drunken trailer park scenes.
so..maybe not.

"Jumped the shark" was a phrase coined from the show.
It's biggest legacy no doubt.

Yeah, it's a pretty common staple. Fonzie might've been, or at least helped set the template though. I'm not sure how many characters were portrayed like that, prior to him.

Yeah, growing up I always got the Fonz and John Travolta's character in Grease mixed up.

I thought they were based on each other or related or something.

Yeah, growing up I always got the Fonz and John Travolta's character in Grease mixed up.

I thought they were based on each other or related or something.

Not sure about the timeline, but it's likely that one influenced the other.

Staying with these boomer actors, I just realized that Olivia Newton-John was an absolute, total cutie

TELEMMGLPICT000198247376_trans%2B%2BPFS02a7HC4GRJBz3mqvhb39Re41SzVm0iUmyifY1MIA.jpeg

420825240c6e986b81d02825a7e14d8d-olivia-newton-john-grease-virgo-moon-688x1024.jpg

Debate over whether a killing was lawful.

Deceased was spotted in a uninhabited home being constructed.
3 men suspect he's up to no good. Also citing there have been burglaries in the area in the past.

I didn't want to post this in the Arbery thread and derail it....but can everyone PLEASE stop using this phrase?

Every time I read it, my mind jumps to "started making trouble in my neighborhood" and then that's my afternoon. There's no unringing that bell.

No, Fonzie was not like Joey from friends or Vinnie Barbarino or whatever.

Definitely closer to Danny from Grease, but more than that. Kinda like if being cool in small town America were a superpower.

I didn't want to post this in the Arbery thread and derail it....but can everyone PLEASE stop using this phrase?

Every time I read it, my mind jumps to "started making trouble in my neighborhood" and then that's my afternoon.

LOL, tough to imagine a better show theme song. Maybe a future top 10 list.

I was always partial to The Fall Guy.

No, Fonzie was not like Joey from friends or Vinnie Barbarino or whatever.

Definitely closer to Danny from Grease, but more than that. Kinda like if being cool in small town America were a superpower.

Ahhhhhh so Hyde from That 70s Show

winkler performed the role admirably.
the fact that IRL he raped Erin Moran numerous times behind the scenes
under threat of being fired from the show illustrates just how accurately, and tragically,
"art" sometimes mimics and surpasses life in cruelty.
but then there's the drunken trailer park scenes.
so..maybe not.

"Jumped the shark" was a phrase coined from the show.
It's biggest legacy no doubt.

Do you have a source for saying Henry Winkler is a rapist?

no, I have multiple sources for erin moran initially claiming that but recanting after succumbing to drug and alcohol addiction
while living in a shithole trailer park with her boyfriend's mother.
sad story.
any truth to it?
no one knows.
but they jumped the shark with the whole drama.
I always liked the guy from a viewer perspective.
He was great in that movie with shelley long and michael keaton.

Funny that Winkler as a hilarious, disgusting slobby perv of a lawyer in Arrested Development is by far his best stuff.

LOL, tough to imagine a better show theme song. Maybe a future top 10 list.

I was always partial to The Fall Guy.

That'd be a hard top ten list to make. Fresh Prince has to be top 5. But people keeeeep making comments about how he was or wasn't up to no good, and it triggers it in my head every time.

Funny that Winkler as a hilarious, disgusting slobby perv of a lawyer in Arrested Development is by far his best stuff.

I like him in everything I've seen him in. He's great in Barry, if you've seen that yet.

no, I have multiple sources for erin moran initially claiming that but recanting after succumbing to drug and alcohol addiction
while living in a shithole trailer park with her boyfriend's mother.
sad story.
any truth to it?
no one knows.
but they jumped the shark with the whole drama.
I always liked the guy from a viewer perspective.
He was great in that movie with shelley long and michael keaton.

Graves is the Winkler seriously a rapist?

Ahhhhhh so Hyde from That 70s Show
Can’t say I’m familiar enough to agree or disagree.
Was he so cool he could snap his fingers and a girl would appear, fight off gangs singlehandedly, drive and win demolition derbies, jump his motorcycle over a row of busses (and crash and live), even fend off a rogue Mork from Ork’s alien powers?

231235_web.jpg

The role of ACE2 in controlling the renin-angiotensin system and the proteolytic shedding of membrane-bound ACE2 by ADAM-17. (European Heart Journal)

@Anung Un Rama
Scientists Discover Possible Reason Why Men Are More Prone to Covid-19 Infection
https://www.courthousenews.com/scie...why-men-are-more-prone-to-covid-19-infection/
Interesting, it was only very recently that I read the opposite, but no studies were cited. Increased ace2 expression was not taught in school-most likely due to the lack of clinical significance, or as this guy seems to have discovered, it doesn’t happen. Still wondering if it is the link to the greater mortality rate in the African American community

All those games mentioned are equally awful.

Can’t say I’m familiar enough to agree or disagree.
Was he so cool he could snap his fingers and a girl would appear, fight off gangs singlehandedly, drive and win demolition derbies, jump his motorcycle over a row of busses (and crash and live), even fend off a rogue Mork from Ork’s alien powers?

From what I remember, Hyde from That 70s Show was just a humorless jerk who pretended to not care. Probably more accurate representation of a adolescent "cool kid" but not very captivating as a character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back