WAR ROOM LOUNGE V12: Mao With Noir

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Judges and Commissioners won't write me a letter but are willing to be references so there's that.
I’ll write you a letter Greg. Deep serious.
I don't know if you guys remember but somebody tried to #metoo me. It was pretty awful, someone spread rumors I drugged her but my name was cleared pretty quickly. I don't have a car lol. So drugging a girl and taking her home wouldn't work.

Also everyone knows me, knows I wouldn't, but a bunch of girls are bitter I fucked them it seems and are trying to slut shame me lol.

The fucked up thing is they did it because they knew I was leaving, and now it seems like they're targeting other guys. Good dudes I know too, one just because he banned this chick from a restaurant.

We're talking basic bitch hipster thots, but the ones without a college education and bounce from waitress job to waitress job.

So glad I'm out of that shithole.
I was falsely accused once also. Who knew career criminals would lie? Luckily we have cameras nowadays, put the kibosh on that pretty quickly.

I’ll write you a letter Greg. Deep serious.

I was falsely accused once also. Who knew career criminals would lie? Luckily we have cameras nowadays, put the kibosh on that pretty quickly.

Definitely. It's pretty fucking insane to hear your name attached to something like that. I didn't leave my house for two days just sick to my stomach about it until a bunch of friends reached out to me, turns out there are plenty of false accusations out there.

I don't even sleep with a girl if she's drunk and I'm not (rare occasion but still) but yeah, they were anonymous about the accusation because like you said I could to to any bar and have them pull up cameras. Just sucks knowing some people out there believe that about me but what can ya do.

...but what can ya do.

th

Can anyone tell me their opinion of the all-time best Sherdog beefs? Hollywood Nicky vs. Jukai/Marsupial/Oiler kinda comes to mind.

Flexwave vs. anyone sane.

Who remembers “that was a dydactive question” so don’t answer it........

if said amendment did not pass, your view would be that the best course of action would be to simply violate the Constitution as written (not, obviously, as enforced--I presume you're not talking about starting some kind of legitamacy crisis), correct?

I think such an amendment would be ratified. Suppose it would take six months into the new president’s term. During those six months, I would want the president to advocate constantly for the amendment and for constitutionalism more generally. One of the main goals of the presidency would be to awaken constitutional awareness, in much the same way that Trump’s presidency has caused voters to prioritize the immigration issue as never before. In the meantime: yes, the Constitution would need to continue to be violated at least for Social Security, Medicare, and immigration.

Another question: Given that you seem to reject the notion that the courts should decide on whether a law is Constitutional, what is your proposed alternative method of settling controversies on the issue?

I don’t think I’ve ever come out against judicial review. I have not made an extensive study of the debate. On the surface, Marshall’s fundamental argument---that Article III’s “under this Constitution”, interpreted in light of the traditional assumption of the supremacy of constitutional law over statutory law, necessarily implies the power of judicial review---appears solid. It’s a fascinating issue to be sure, but I’d rather not suppose hypotheticals about my beliefs that are probably the opposite of reality. I’d be happy to debate with you the veracity of Marshall’s argument.

I would think that it wouldn't just be current SS recipients who would object to both the repeal of our most successful anti-poverty program and to the idea of a single person overruling the wishes of the public and lawmakers and single-handedly overturning a SCOTUS ruling. Seems that everyone who expects to be old someday and who values freedom and democracy would have a problem with this. I think that the objections are not so much the populace being ignorant of the True Meaning of the Founding as a widespread belief in America that free people have say in their own governance and a belief that mass poverty is bad.

This is taking us off topic, but I’ll make a few points. I did not advocate for repeal of SS. I advocated for the ratification of a constitutional amendment to put the program on sound legal footing. I am aware of Helvering v. Davis and its distortion of the general welfare clause. Gradualism would be in order. It’s been over 80 years since that decision, and I suspect the Gorsuch/Thomas/Kavanaughs of the world would apply stare decisis, at least narrowly, in the event that the issue came before them. This is why I stress advocacy and education. We have multiple generations of people who don’t know what the 10th Amendment is. We have people who assume, for example, that opposition to Roe v. Wade implies that one is “pro-life”. Until this type of ignorance can be overcome, the entire project is a loser.

I disagree with your second statement about “freedom and democracy”, unless you are applying non-traditional definitions to these terms.

As for your third point, people do not have “a free say in their governance” to create programs that violate the Constitution. That goes back to the question of the supremacy of constitutional law over statutory law, which I doubt you would question. I also don’t disagree that a hypothetical US without SS is necessarily a US with mass poverty. The means by which we would arrive at the SS-free world would be important.

Last edited:
So knocked out a fire set and walked outside to smoke weed with a fan and there's some crazy homeless dude yelling about how you can't tell offensive jokes.

So knocked out a fire set and walked outside to smoke weed with a fan and there's some crazy homeless dude yelling about how you can't tell offensive jokes.

Did he call you a paedophile?

Did you tell one just to prove him wrong?

Oh hell naw. My "I'll say what the fuck I want go fuck yourself" mentality slightly drops when I'm not holding a microphone. Plus they're really stabby down here. Some dude in a wheelchair stabbed a couple people in the Quarter last week.

You should have said "can't tell them from what?" and left him confused

Oh hell naw. My "I'll say what the fuck I want go fuck yourself" mentality slightly drops when I'm not holding a microphone. Plus they're really stabby down here. Some dude in a wheelchair stabbed a couple people in the Quarter last week.

I hear 'ya. It's a sketchy town infested with drunks. Drunks are highly unpredictable. :eek::D

You should have said "can't tell them from what?" and left him confused

Hahaha genius. I said onstage that I hate homeless people and he got mad as fuck about it. But I mean.. dude just proved my point.

Hahaha genius. I said onstage that I hate homeless people and he got mad as fuck about it. But I mean.. dude just proved my point.
I'm a big fan of confusing people when confronted irl
It's your standard Zoidberg inkpouch defense

Didn't say I didn't have a great time or that I wouldn't go again.

Reminds me. If you run into a 40 year old punker bartender with a mohawk named Crusty Christian Troxell, tell him I said what's up. He was in the opening scene of Terminator Genisys and I'm pretty sure he played the part as he normally looks. :cool:

I'm a big fan of confusing people when confronted irl
It's your standard Zoidberg inkpouch defense
I go out of my way to be friends with security everywhere i go. A couple reasons why. A ) I can get away with drinking out of a flask, and B ) I
I'm fucking mouthy if you can actually piss me off. People who legit hate me know if they swing a bunch of people will jump them and I just smirk at them like a dickhead.

I'm adorable bruh.

Didn't say I didn't have a great time or that I wouldn't go again.

Reminds me. If you run into a 40 year old punker bartender with a mohawk named Crusty Christian Troxell, tell him I said what's up. He was in the opening scene of Terminator Genisys and I'm pretty sure he played the part as he normally looks. :cool:

I thought you were insinuating I was the drunk.... And you wouldn't be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back