War Room Lounge v114: Now I really want a Cinnabon. Thanks a--hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so it begins. Roughly 3 weeks after the social distancing orders went into effect we’re thankfully starting to see some signs of flattening the curve of the rate of infections. As such, the models are being updated to show fewer Americans getting sick and dying

idiot trumpers on fb are using these revised models as “proof” the initial scare was all a scam to tank Trump’s economy

The people mentioning the low death rates aren’t thinking past their original thought. It’s been stayed many times on here and elsewhere what this is meant to do. Even with the early drop, there still will be problems to address the rest of this year. Facebook is worse than twitter with that stuff and it’s all probably magnified with everyone at home.

And so it begins. Roughly 3 weeks after the social distancing orders went into effect we’re thankfully starting to see some signs of flattening the curve of the rate of infections. As such, the models are being updated to show fewer Americans getting sick and dying

idiot trumpers on fb are using these revised models as “proof” the initial scare was all a scam to tank Trump’s economy

Yeah people were warning about this a while ago. Basically that if we did everything right and flattened the curve it would look like we overreacted to the Derp crowd

Looks like trump is more concerned about looking like he's doing everything he can rather than doing everything he can.
Agree and he’s doing a god awful job of looking like he’s doing everything he can. He’s not just a bullshitter, he’s a clownishly transparent one!

Yeah, thats the umbrella phenomenon that happens in environmental issues all the time.

Ozone layer? Massive changes in industry virtually ended the release of chemicals that were eroding it. Now it gets attacked as hysteria. Same with water/air pollution generally.

This is pretty preliminary stuff, so take it with a heap of salt, but it looks likr Trump may have a financial interest in his 'wonderdrug'

This is pretty preliminary stuff, so take it with a heap of salt, but it looks likr Trump may have a financial interest in his 'wonderdrug'

A fund that matches this description is the Dodge & Cox International Stock Fund DODFX, +5.81%, which at last check was 3.3% invested in Sanofi.

Trump’s 2019 financial-disclosure form lists stakes in Family Trusts 1, 2 and 3 valued at between $1,001 and $15,000. So if Trump has the maximum $15,000 in each of the trusts, he holds a stake in Sanofi that’s worth $1,485 — and, at the minimum, just $99.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...ker-sanofi-could-be-as-small-as-99-2020-04-07

Yeah people were warning about this a while ago. Basically that if we did everything right and flattened the curve it would look like we overreacted to the Derp crowd

yup. I’d said it myself a few lounges back

just observing that it’s now beginning

While that is interesting, Market Watch is Rupert Murdoch publication, so again, have to take it with more salt.

Which site do you want me to send you? Seems to be being reported on by multiple outlets right now. Just Google search it and 10 links pop up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/us/politics/coronavirus-trump-malaria-drug.html

Is where I first read it, but it does not mention how much Trump or his staff stand to benefit.

Again, I would much rather it not be true, but it is still worrying.

Oh yea I read this yesterday before the other articles. Think it's a reach though because after looking into "where" the investment is, it seems like at best it will be super duper small. Unless it comes out that someone else in his circle has a huge stake, which of course would be, eye opening to put it best. I'm worried about the whole "frantic mode' nature of it all. I get that people are getting sick, but I'm 100% not a fan of rushing drugs out or advertising them as wonder drugs. I think we need something we know will work, not something we think will work, even if that takes more precautions first.

Can we kick in China's door with some fucking freedom sometime? Getting real tired of their bullshit numbers and ghosting whistle blowers about this.

So fucking pissed off.

Went back to work after two weeks of self quarantine over a near miss of corona exposure... and some dumb bitch at my job has it and came to work yesterday.

She took off the get tested Friday but came to work Monday anyway before getting her results back.

I just left this morning.

My instincts tell me that he’s a narcissistic and corrupt man that has no floor as to how low he will go.

Now what?
But is he okay with torture?

So fucking pissed off.

Went back to work after two weeks of self quarantine over a near miss of corona exposure... and some dumb bitch at my job has it and came to work yesterday.

She took off the get tested Friday but came to work Monday anyway before getting her results back.

I just left this morning.

Why was she told to get tested on Friday? Did she have possible exposure at that point already? Returning from a trip or something etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back