Social War Room Lounge Thread #319: Bring back Matlock and get the hell off my lawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chinatown has to be mentioned if we're talking '70s movies. That's the best IMO. The Long Goodbye is another great one. Both of them together also will help you appreciate the Big Lebowski a lot more. I've never seen the Marathon Man movie, but I've read the book and I can see how it would be a great movie.
Oh shit, thanks for reminding me about Marathon Man. I would have put that on the list had I remembered. Also, I remember others now as well, The Boys From Brazil, and for that matter, Brazil--although that's an entirely different kettle of fish altogether. Then there's John Carpenter's The Thing, which is perhaps the best SF Horror film ever made after the first two Alien movies, and perhaps even better than them but under-rated due to recency bias and Sigourney Weaver.

Shit, I might be having a nostalgia-gasm. :)

Oh shit, thanks for reminding me about Marathon Man. I would have put that on the list had I remembered. Also, I remember others now as well, The Boys From Brazil, and for that matter, Brazil--although that's an entirely different kettle of fish altogether. Then there's John Carpenter's The Thing, which is perhaps the best SF Horror film ever made after the first two Alien movies, and perhaps even better than them but under-rated due to recency bias and Sigourney Weaver.

Shit, I might be having a nostalgia-gasm. :)
Paper Moon, Young Frankenstein, and Barry Lyndon are a few of my favorites from the 70's. It was a great decade for cinema.

@Jack V Savage in the Boys from Brazil, the scene with the spider is seared into my head as one of the creepiest fucking things ever. I may have seen it at rather too young an age--but the plot was really creative and that also really stuck with me.

Paper Moon, Young Frankenstein, and Barry Lyndon are a few of my favorites from the 70's. It was a great decade for cinema.
Paper Moon, oh yeah, man. And LMAO at the reminder of Young Frankenstein. "Walk this way...."

ac1fe695a1f45faed19258ba75422025.gif

So a trumper nearly won an election last night and today he got arrested for murder.

GIBZmTcaYAAwPFO

Proving yet again that all these Trump people are looney tunes.

@Jack V Savage in the Boys from Brazil, the scene with the spider is seared into my head as one of the creepiest fucking things ever. I may have seen it at rather too young an age--but the plot was really creative and that also really stuck with me.

Paper Moon, oh yeah, man. And LMAO at the reminder of Young Frankenstein. "Walk this way...."

ac1fe695a1f45faed19258ba75422025.gif
Love the movies you guys names. Young Frankenstein was an absolute classic.

I remember that shit like it was yesterday.
I do too, because I watched it yesterday, but I was about 10 in the mid 80's when I first watched it. My dad loved it and Blazing Saddles and we saw Space Balls in the theater.

ads are fucking terrible on this site. this is how they coerce you into going Plat
There's this thing called AdBlock...

I honestly don't know how anybody uses this forum, without an ad blocker. It's practically unusable otherwise. I wouldn't even care if it was just simple banner ads and whatnot, but my computer acts like it's downloading a fucking movie, if I come in here naked. It's insane.

Love the movies you guys names. Young Frankenstein was an absolute classic.
Of course, I've been leaving out ones that presumably everyone has heard of, the movie version of MASH, Taxi Driver, The French Connection, and All the Presidents Men, but if you've missed any of them I suggest you get right on that shit, as it were.

Also, getting a little later on I recommend An American Werewolf in London. Remember that one?

I would at this time make special mention of Hotel New Hampshire which is nothing like any of those other movies, but has Jodie Foster and Nastassja Kinski in it and it's fucking wonderful. Just sayin'. Also, Cat People with her in it wasn't necessarily the greatest film but it was sexy as hell.

Man, look what you started :p

Man it's getting to the point where it's difficult to navigate the site from the ads, literally one on top of the other. And some of the shit that's advertised, WTF? I get ads for plumbing supplies, not your regular DIY stuff either, like valves and pipes for high pressure boiler systems I think. Or I'll go on autotrader and search for a 20K car, then all of a sudden I get ads for Ferrari's and other cars that are 220K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back