Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is Anderson Silva."

Blackhouse members (and associates) have made a lot of nuanced comments that lead me to believe that no one over there thinks JDS has the tools to beat Anderson.

I think Anderson probably KOs Reem, too... for a lot of the same reasons. If you're going to stand with him, you're going to lose. Reem and JDS haven't shown themselves to be particularly special on the ground, so if the size advantage alone makes them favorites against AS, then there are at least a dozen HWs who are in the same boat.

Yeah, lot of Anderson hate around here.
He's a rather..... Special type of fighter.
We'll probably both get dogged for this, but yeah. I'd favor him over a lot, if not most, Hws too.

Well, Silva can finish.

Ya, well technically so can anyone....What's actually realsitic is another story...

So, he's got more of a chance than Sonnen. Even if it's a million in one

Now you're just being downright adorable. Seriously man, are you really willing to get hung up on something so incredibly juvenile?

Sonnen has zero in one, period.

Very true....His chances are just slightly better than Silva's. Really it's not even worth noting because they would both be embarrassed. I do give Chael props though for actually taking the fight. We can't say the same for Silva.

Give me more Silva hate, buddy.

Oh I will....No problem at all. If there is 1 person in the sport who deserves it? It's him.

Well.....excluding HW's he may be right.

Source: Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is Anderson Silva."

I don't think Silva can beat Jones. Jones is much bigger than Silva and has a longer reach against him, not to mention great wrestling.

I think if the two were to fight, Jones would easily throw Silva to the ground and bust him up on the ground with his G&P.

I only see a heavyweight beating Jones. What u guys think?

Jones has flaws and we saw some of it when Vitor Belfort nearly ripped his arm off. You got to weather the storm with his aggressive attacking style and find what openings he gives you.

All I know is... if Sonnen beats Jones, regardless of how... the Sherdog forums will crash within seconds.

No.....

But he's going to absolutely embarass Chael. I have no illusions. Because of Chael's skill set, he may actually prevent Jones from taking him down for a few seconds...Silva literally has no chance.

Crazy talk. Sonnen has far less of a chance. He's worse literally everywhere. Anderson isn't worse everywhere than Jones. He'd be the closest competition odds wise since Jones won the belt.

Wanderlei has no respect for Chael and actually thinks HE can beat him.

Well he probably didn't think Chael could do nearly as well against Anderson as he did too.

Can't wait for Chael Sonnen to prove everyone wrong and take home the belt. Chael Sonnen WILL be the UFC LHW Champion

You sometimes have good posts, but please lol.

to beat jones, you have to pressure him. idc how good silva is at countering, barring jones' making a tactical error or some misstep, he can pepper silva all day from his range.

i think sonnen will show everyone that, even if he loses. I just hope sonnen can stay awake past the first round. Silva plays too much into Bones' strength. if Silva did manage to land one clean shot to the chin, jon would get KTFO.

John Jones has beaten anyone he'd fought either with GnP or subs, so yeah he will pound silva or Submit him for sure 100%.

NOT

We will never know until it happens.

Deju Takashi Submitted Anderson Silva of all people.
GsP got Koed by Matt Serra. And yet Silva has not fucking chance in the whole world to even give Jones a fight.

If thats the case, there is no point in them fighting, Since Jones is the "bigger guy" like GSP should not fight Anderson Silva because GsP is so small

Silva COULD beat Jones but I don't think he would. He might be a chance of subbing him but most likely would get taken down and pounded out imo. But hell, Silva's got a better chance than anyone else I reckon (other than Cain/JDS/Ubereem).

Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is Anderson Silva."

I AGREE 100% !!!

AS woudl defeat him but hes not the only one.

wtflolroflcopter?

yea the guy who's shown pretty shitty takedown defense and is shitty off his back.

The guy who was not only dominated by king mo, but actually spent an entire fight on his back against KEITH JARDINE.

and you think he can beat the posisbly best wrestler/gnp LHW has ever seen? Jon Jones take his opponents down effortlessly and destroys them from the top with ease (unless he gets very comfortable on the feet and just destroys them there first...)

and on top of that, mousasi has looked uncomfortable standing in his last couple of fights and had to take the fight to the ground to win. Could he stand a chance in hell of taking Jon Jones down?

shiiiiit

delusional. Mousasi has one of the best guards in mma, you obviously only read pbp's of his strikeforce fights, you should probably watch them, you are either blinded by hate or a troll.

the only 2 people that recently held him down were guys that there entire gameplans consisted of spamming takedowns, both Jardine and Mo got absolutely worked from the bottom. Jardine fight was such a joke decision considering the point deduction, i felt like it was an inside job to make him lose. King Mo if he came to the UFC would be top 5 at 205 and he still got his ass kicked even though he was on top.

I like mousasi but im not hugging his nuts here, just telling you like it is b/c i've watched him fight for the past 5 years.

If I had any hope Anderson could beat Jon Jones, Wanderlei just destroyed it. Whenever I hear Wanderlei pick a fighter, I bet the house on the other guy. And I win.

Dude would pick his welterweight Brazilian friend to beat Cain Velasquez.

Yeah, lot of Anderson hate around here.
He's a rather..... Special type of fighter.
We'll probably both get dogged for this, but yeah. I'd favor him over a lot, if not most, Hws too.

I have to agree with you.

Source: Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is Anderson Silva."

I don't think Silva can beat Jones. Jones is much bigger than Silva and has a longer reach against him, not to mention great wrestling.

I think if the two were to fight, Jones would easily throw Silva to the ground and bust him up on the ground with his G&P.

I only see a heavyweight beating Jones. What u guys think?

I don't know. I've never seen anyone "bust him up" with GnP. It's possible. But it's also possible that Silva survives R1, isn't broken (like everyone else), and wrecks Jones in R2.

I think Silva beats Jones 3x/10.
But someone like Cormier (if he can drop that spare tire) would beat Jones 8x/10.

Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is [Insert Brazilian Name]."

That's more accurate than saying an American is going to beat him...

Anderson COULD beat Jones, but I reckon he has less than a 1 in 4 shot of doing it. Similarly, Dan Henderson COULD beat Jones. But logic says Anderson will be taken down and then mercilessly elbowed until a stoppage occurs or he's submitted. Think Sonnen 1 but no hail mary sub eventuating and way more brutal GnP. Jones is simply a younger, bigger, stronger, more well rounded and overall BETTER fighter than Anderson.

Translation, the only guy from Brazil that might beat JBJ is Spider unless he wrestles him. :icon_chee

Back