Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is Anderson Silva."

I agree. I truly don't understand why people would give Anderson such advantage. If Sonnen took Anderson down multiple times, how do you suppose Jones couldn't? He'd ragdoll Silva, elbow him and try to sub.

anderson silva is now 37 years old with.. Oddly enough, the same number of fights under his belt.

Jj is 25 with 18 fights.

Age + ring age = silva no longer able to beat jones.

i honestly don't know why people even want to see this fight.
i'm guessing it's only silva haters that what to see him brought back down to earth.

wtf?

I'm sure he meant at 205 ... I say he's Correct.

War Wand!

Yep. Also, we can't really count Cormier as a LHW until he makes 205 and we see him fight there. Given his history with Kidney failure, who knows how the weight cut might affect him.

Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is [Insert Brazilian Name]."

Yep :icon_lol:

Next it will be Vinny after his next win or Machida after he beats Hendo

Jones is still a bit green. His standup defense needs some work. Anderson would exploit that. I'd rather see GSP right now.

Jones is a stylistic nightmare for Anderson, not the other way around.

Lutter, Hendo, Sonnen1 and 2 all dominated Anderson for most of the 1st two rounds. They put Anderson in really bad spots and Anderson could do little but minimize damage while waiting for the bell to get back up.

If that is all you can do via Jones, is hope to minimize damage while you hope he gasses or falls into a triangle that is a huge problem.

If somehow Jones cannot find a way to finish or do serious damage to Anderson in those first two rounds then suddenly I think the advantage swings to Silva. If he can avoid serious damage then come round 3 he could start to accumulate some damage.

But again having a game plan that is basically 'surviving for two rounds under Jones on your back' seems like suicide to me. And Anderson could do nothing to prevent that, except hope Jones wants to stand and trade. Anderson cannot dictate that. He needs Jones to volunteer it.

DCs right fist says no.

Really Wandy just needs to shut the nonsense up and fight. its what hes good at and thats probably it.

i'd say chael vs jon is about 50/50 and the determining factor is who can take who down and gnp. id say in favor of chael but jones is bigger stronger and has a bigger sprawl base to defend with than anyone hes fought. that said i would be highly surprised if jones can dominate him. win sure its close to 50/50 but dominate is doubtful. the only way i see that happening is if he can take chael down and rain down elbows within the first two rnds

hendos right hand although i do think jones can avoid it. hendos got power and skill but not speed. if it went 5 rounds id pick jon because of a superior jackson game plan and jon just beating him to the punch, staying outside his range.

DC should be at lightheavy anyways. hes champ material his body size fits better there length wise (that dudes chest is huge) plus if he wont fight cain why pass up a championship opportunity when its basically there on a platter. I say let him ktfo of mir then title shot at lhw.

I really think anderson would get taken down with relative ease and elbowed to stoppage. i just dont see him stopping jones before he can get a takedown. not terribly interested in the fight.

I dont see jones being able to beat a single top 5 hw. let him try. it would be amusing to see him jump up for a title shot (assuming dc doesnt come to lhw and take that belt which i hope he will whether its from jones or sonnen) and get laid down by cain. the forum reactions would be priceless.

on a similar note its pretty stupid for people to call out for guys to go up in weight classes. i.e. bones winning at lhw and people want him to go heavy because its 'unfair'. if you can make the weight and win do it if that what you want. its a fighters choice. more wins more money longer career less fight damage etc. you dont like the way they manage their careers then go get one and do whatever weight class you want to.

lastly baby jay retire to 55 where you belong and hire dolce you hard headed hawaiian bastard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back