Wanderlei Silva: "The only person who can beat Jon Jones today is Anderson Silva."

Same thing was said about Mum-Ra, but Lion-O took him down with ease

Yeah you have to assume he meant non-heavies. I'd also expect Jones to be the betting favorite over Anderson.

Has Jones ever faced a wrestler of DC's caliber though?

No but that does not mean DC can get the fight down and if he does so what? Like Jones is dead if the fight is on the ground..

Surprising to hear an active competitor (at LHW, no less) make that comment. Not that I disagree.

No but that does not mean DC can get the fight down and if he does so what? Like Jones is dead if the fight is on the ground..

Of course it doesn't, but I think he has a very good chance at taking Jones down and dropping some GnP.

I like his chances better than anyone that faced Jones....

He'll have a better chance than Sonnen.

No.....

But he's going to absolutely embarass Chael. I have no illusions. Because of Chael's skill set, he may actually prevent Jones from taking him down for a few seconds...Silva literally has no chance.

Anderson Silva would have a pretty good chance but I'd slightly side with Jones winning a close UD.

No.....

But he's going to absolutely embarass Chael. I have no illusions. Because of Chael's skill set, he may actually prevent Jones from taking him down for a few seconds...Silva literally has no chance.

Well, Silva can finish. Sonnen can't. So, he's got more of a chance than Sonnen. Even if it's a million in one, Sonnen has zero in one, period. Give me more Silva hate, buddy. It's all you're good for nowadays. It's just sad that it's snide, not full blown anymore.

nah. Mousasi can too.

Maybe if he learns to defend a takedown...MAYBE.

Nevermind, not even a maybe, Mausasi is the next Shogun. A UFC career full of ups & downs but without touching the champ like Shogun did.

Anderson Silva is now 37 years old with.. oddly enough, the same number of fights under his belt.

JJ is 25 with 18 fights.

Age + Ring Age = Silva no longer able to beat jones.

I honestly don't know why people even want to see this fight.
I'm guessing it's only silva haters that what to see him brought back down to earth.

Cain

The Reem

JDS

Cormier

Anderson

i would favor over bones

Blackhouse members (and associates) have made a lot of nuanced comments that lead me to believe that no one over there thinks JDS has the tools to beat Anderson.

I think Anderson probably KOs Reem, too... for a lot of the same reasons. If you're going to stand with him, you're going to lose. Reem and JDS haven't shown themselves to be particularly special on the ground, so if the size advantage alone makes them favorites against AS, then there are at least a dozen HWs who are in the same boat.

Daniel is the one. I've been saying this for awhile now, before he even faced Ryan Bader.

Wanderlei has no respect for Chael and actually thinks HE can beat him.

Well he probably didn't think Chael could do nearly as well against Anderson as he did too.

Can't wait for Chael Sonnen to prove everyone wrong and take home the belt. Chael Sonnen WILL be the UFC LHW Champion

I think it would be a bit more reasonable to say Jones is the only one who could beat Silva right now.

nah. Mousasi can too.

wtflolroflcopter?

yea the guy who's shown pretty shitty takedown defense and is shitty off his back.

The guy who was not only dominated by king mo, but actually spent an entire fight on his back against KEITH JARDINE.

and you think he can beat the posisbly best wrestler/gnp LHW has ever seen? Jon Jones take his opponents down effortlessly and destroys them from the top with ease (unless he gets very comfortable on the feet and just destroys them there first...)

and on top of that, mousasi has looked uncomfortable standing in his last couple of fights and had to take the fight to the ground to win. Could he stand a chance in hell of taking Jon Jones down?

shiiiiit

Back