Wal Mart is raising their hourly wages next month to $18-$21 an hour

If you start sucking dick...
Well, there's a $20 for ya right there.

Not sure how that applies to this thread....... I'm safe, I write the programs that control the machines that are replacing the people.

Might have to rethink my current career choice...

*Edit: for the record, I'm sure I make more per week on unemployment in the off season than a starting walmart employee...

Last edited:
I worked for a contractor doing tech work for Target.

Everyone wanted a job working directly for Target, their staff seemed pretty happy. I had daily contact with supervisors there and they seemed pretty motivated.
Are you talking real jobs or just “team members.” I have a few friends who work for Target with actual careers (software engineers and such) and they’re very happy. But that is very different from doing menial tasks of course.

Are you talking real jobs or just “team members.” I have a few friends who work for Target with actual careers (software engineers and such) and they’re very happy. But that is very different from doing menial tasks of course.

Mostly team members.

Mostly team members.
hmm surprises me. wouldn't be surprised if their floor people make a lot better money than other options for the prospective employees though.

They will raise the wages and cut the hours. When will people understand this concept?
Help me understand how they’re going to cut hours. They are open 24/7 and are increasing the starting hourly wage.

hmm surprises me. wouldn't be surprised if their floor people make a lot better money than other options for the prospective employees though.

Surprises you because I'm wrong.

It's been a decade since I worked there, forgot that they called lower level employees team members.

I was a contractor. All actual employees of Target were considered team members, which was basically everyone more important than us.

I still remember when Walmart paid just over $7.00 per hour, which is about what the employees there are worth. Now these uneducated fools are gonna be making $18-$21 per hour for stocking shelves and being useless?

<{clintugh}>

The Results:
Hours cut, No benefits or benefits will be too expensive to afford, and managers are going to be riding their employees harder. That and anybody receiving welfare from the state might get their benefits cut because they make too much.

I still remember when Walmart paid just over $7.00 per hour, which is about what the employees there are worth. Now these uneducated fools are gonna be making $18-$21 per hour for stocking shelves and being useless?

<{clintugh}>
You, in particular, would literally starve to death without them.

Btw only three depts, many of whom employed there already make 15, will be getting their pay boosted and it will be at the expense of quarterly bonuses and their yearly raise.

Last edited:
Not sure how that applies to this thread....... I'm safe, I write the programs that control the machines that are replacing the people.
U a programmer? U s'psed 2 b smart.
Then y u tryna give stupid advice to people?

They will raise the wages and cut the hours. When will people understand this concept?
Wal Marts are usually open 24 hours (non-COVID), and people will probably be called in to work longer hours as needed. What is not cool is that Wal Mart stopped making many of their employees "full time" and went mostly to "part time" many years ago. A few extra dollars an hour hardly matters if you don't have group health coverage.

Last edited:
Part of this reasoning is quality of the worker a former tenant still good friends is a department manager and he loves his Wal-Mart job. He's a guy who could get a job anywhere and he loves his job. You want to keep people like that around without retraining new people with a 60 to 70 percent turnover. I applaud any effort by a company looking to raise an employee standard of living. COSTCO was a leader in that area and was constantly scoring highly by employees. This will also pressure Amazon big time.

Back