Wal Mart is raising their hourly wages next month to $18-$21 an hour

Dang thats a lot of money for a menial job, I wonder if its due to Covid and them being frontline workers as a way to say thank you for your service and helping us make over 100 billion at this time.
Well if that is true they are at least showing they are a bit better than bezo's - dude bumped his workers pay up a few bucks during the height of the pandemic. Then took it away and gave them tee-shirts instead.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...u-t-shirts-as-it-cuts-their-hazard-pay-2020-5
Amazon is handing out branded merchandise to say thanks to warehouse workers during the coronavirus pandemic, even as it phases out policies intended to help.

Two Amazon employees told Business Insider the company has distributed "thank-you" t-shirts to its warehouse workers (or "fulfillment associates").

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 2.35.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-19 at 2.36.57 PM.png

Well if that is true they are at least showing they are a bit better than bezo's - dude bumped his workers pay up a few bucks during the height of the pandemic. Then took it away and gave them tee-shirts instead.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ama...u-t-shirts-as-it-cuts-their-hazard-pay-2020-5
Amazon is handing out branded merchandise to say thanks to warehouse workers during the coronavirus pandemic, even as it phases out policies intended to help.

Two Amazon employees told Business Insider the company has distributed "thank-you" t-shirts to its warehouse workers (or "fulfillment associates").

View attachment 799720

View attachment 799721
This Bezos guy wouldn't even provide proper masks for all workers until weeks of protests, dude is a miser for sure, and he is so foolish he fell for a used up 54 year old notorious gold digger who flirted with him, he has book smarts but lacks street smarts.

That's why you get jobs at 2 Walmarts.
tenor.gif
If you start sucking dick...
Well, there's a $20 for ya right there.

I have a friend who's basically a bum who started working at Target stocking shelves and he's making $17 an hour. He is part time and works overnights.

Obviously that's not much money, but the hourly wage was surprising to me.

I worked for a contractor doing tech work for Target.

Everyone wanted a job working directly for Target, their staff seemed pretty happy. I had daily contact with supervisors there and they seemed pretty motivated.

This Bezos guy wouldn't even provide proper masks for all workers until weeks of protests, dude is a miser for sure, and he is so foolish he fell for a used up 54 year old notorious gold digger who flirted with him, he has book smarts but lacks street smarts.
I'd also say that, considering how he treated(s) his employees during the pandemic he lacks morals, ethics and any ability to empathize.

But hey they got tee-shirts.

They say that in the Armyyy the pay is mighty fine, they give you 100 dollars and take back 99.

I haven't heard anyone reference that song in forty years. Brings me back.

Walmart would have better employees if they hired a group of trained monkeys. I refuse to shop in them anymore.

By the way 20 bucks an hour would be the pay of masrer electrician here

The article said some stores. Probably in areas where they have a hard time getting employees at their normal wages.
Walmart and Amazon employees need to unionize. They arent going to give then anymore than they have to. Collective bargaining gives you power and these guys have enough money to share some with the workers.

I’d rather the company make this decision than the government tell/force companies to do it.

They will raise the wages and cut the hours. When will people understand this concept?
Walmart can afford it, will the Walton family/shareholders want to though, is another question

They may do it as a marketing ploy to get on good graces, remember before COVID Target was taking big shares of the market back, and I'm sure they don't want more looting of their supercenters

Walmart is now self sustaining and too powerful to stop

Reactions: lsa
Back