Media Volkanovski reflects on Ortega's submission attempts

That’s not true. We just get wierdly nationalisitc when someone from another country shits on us. Aussies are generally regarded as very nice people in the US. Most Americans would love to visit Australia, despite being so damned far away and being home to all sorts of poisonous critters that can kill you quickly. Or at least, that’s what we’ve been told.
People outside of the US don’t understand how little Americans know or care about other countries lol. We’re extremely self absorbed, most people don’t really think about anything that happens outside of the US.

That’s not true. We just get wierdly nationalisitc when someone from another country shits on us. Aussies are generally regarded as very nice people in the US. Most Americans would love to visit Australia, despite being so damned far away and being home to all sorts of poisonous critters that can kill you quickly. Or at least, that’s what we’ve been told.
Yeah, it's my experience that we Americans like Aussies almost by default. Maybe I'm just out of the loop. I'm gonna start asking around and find out if maybe I should start not liking them, I don't want to be left out

Nah. I don't agree with that notion. Everyone talks about this guy not finishing fights. Well, look at his strength of schedule. The better the fighter, the harder he is to finish.

Plenty of people hate on Max for not being able to finish but he should have gotten a TKO over Kattar. Everyone finds ways to hate on great fighters. It's ridiculous.

it’s a function of a powerful display

he didn’t seem that awesome or explosive against Holloway

I think he gained a lot of converts over the weekend

it’s a function of a powerful display

he didn’t seem that awesome or explosive against Holloway

I think he gained a lot of converts over the weekend

He didn't look that awesome because Max is that good and it's hard to look that great against him.

yiPKPpnXXZjsWX2f9

I find about 50% of the Americans on this site don't like Australians by default. Unclear why.

Maybe cos we're such good cunts.

iQt7q1YGVdy2Fgm4A

You good cunts did this though...Never forget!
(Edit - one day I'll figure out how to embed gifs in this fucking thing.)

Attachments

• images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 8
I mean who doesn't like a KO or Sub but that's jus not feasible. Long as ya walk away satisfied by the fights content I really can't see complaints. I've enjoyed Volks fights but I find some good in jus bout any scrap so...

That's because you're rational.

The thing I love about Volkanovski is he's short. He has to fight the way I tell my Tai Chi students. Get inside, stay inside, accept the damage. You can't beat a bigger opponent from outside.

He was a boring point fighter in my eyes until that fight. Great guy though

I thought the same thing going in to this fight. He was good and skilled but I didn’t find him to be the least bit compelling. He was an animal against Ortega and throwing with bad, bad intentions. I’m a fan now and always will be if he brings that to every fight.

Volk is hilarious. I still don't get why half this forum doesn't like him.

Because he's a great fighter.
All the great fighters that seem invincible/unbeatable are hated a ton - Volk, Cejudo, & Khabib to name a few.

Sherdog Science never fails!

I should add an asterisk too.... i cant stand Megan Anderson** but thats not Australias fault....
Tbf we don't like her much either. In purely fighting terms no great loss that she's gone. Poor lass looked absolutely terrified walking out to face Nunes, which turned out to be the the right reaction given out easily she got run over.

Back