Media Volkanovski reflects on Ortega's submission attempts

In reference to the thread what was your reaction to Volk escaping those submissions:

@PhilLeotardo
"I wasn't all that surprised at all. Those subs looked weak to me, and like Ortega said, Volk's neck is like a tree trunk. He is un-submittable. Ortega had good positioning on those subs per usual, but they weren't in that deep, and they didn't look very forceful."

Last edited:
They are butt hurt Max fans

Nah. I don't agree with that notion. Everyone talks about this guy not finishing fights. Well, look at his strength of schedule. The better the fighter, the harder he is to finish.

Plenty of people hate on Max for not being able to finish but he should have gotten a TKO over Kattar. Everyone finds ways to hate on great fighters. It's ridiculous.

In reference to the thread what was your reaction to Volk escaping those submissions:

@PhilLeotardo
"I wasn't all that surprised at all. Those subs looked weak to me, and like Ortega said, Volk's neck is like a tree trunk. He is un-submittable. Ortega had good positioning on those subs per usual, but they weren't in that deep, and they didn't look very forceful."
I remember that quote too and was thinking at the time , 'what a bell end , Ortega had them in tight' ... good call out

I remember that quote too and was thinking at the time , 'what a bell end , Ortega had them in tight' ... good call out
The first comment to call him out was hilarious too.
Considering his head was turning purple, he was gurgling, and was floundering around like a fish on dry land I’d say you’re really underselling it here.
It was the combination that made it memorable lol.

I find about 50% of the Americans on this site don't like Australians by default.

That’s not true. We just get wierdly nationalisitc when someone from another country shits on us. Aussies are generally regarded as very nice people in the US. Most Americans would love to visit Australia, despite being so damned far away and being home to all sorts of poisonous critters that can kill you quickly. Or at least, that’s what we’ve been told.

Back