Media Volkanovski reflects on Ortega's submission attempts

Volk is hilarious. I still don't get why half this forum doesn't like him.
I think its cos theres people who feel some kinda way about him beating aldo and max. Then you have those who dont watch fights who hear that and are maybe uninpressed by whatever media they seen Volk do,and just go along w it.

I think it was being inactive. After being in a war like that and wanting to fight again soon I would hope the narrative has changed

I find about 50% of the Americans on this site don't like Australians by default. Unclear why.

Maybe cos we're such good cunts.
Another American bloke to add to ur: ur imagining things list.

I think adesanya and Megan left a bad taste in many ppls mouths. Inactivity from Whittaker and volk doesn't help. At worst Most Americans would be neutral on aussies

Another American bloke to add to ur: ur imagining things list.

I think adesanya and Megan left a bad taste in many ppls mouths. Inactivity from Whittaker and volk doesn't help. At worst Most Americans would be neutral on aussies
So because Adesanya said some unpalatable things you blame Aussies by proxy? You realize he's from New Zealand right? As for Megan not really her fault she got a push in the biggest joke of a division to have ever existed in the UFC.

Lol nobody respects Aussie's anymore, a bunch of government sheep
good-one-nods.gif

False narrative perpetuated by posters like you, lol.

Max gets as much shit as Volk for having "pillow fists.". I'm also quite rational regarding Volk.

I thought Max won their second fight but I don't hate on Volk for it. It was a close fight and given the scoring system, I fully understood Volk getting the nod. There would have been complaints either way.

Nah. I don't agree with that notion. Everyone talks about this guy not finishing fights. Well, look at his strength of schedule. The better the fighter, the harder he is to finish.

Plenty of people hate on Max for not being able to finish but he should have gotten a TKO over Kattar. Everyone finds ways to hate on great fighters. It's ridiculous.

I don't think it has anything to do with not finishing fights. Max/Kattar was an amazing fight to watch. The last two Volkanovski/Max fights were not and people largely blame Volk for that. I think they just match up in a way that doesn't produce a particularly entertaining fight, like Nunes/Shevchenko.

I thought Max won their second fight but I don't hate on Volk for it. It was a close fight and given the scoring system, I fully understood Volk getting the nod. There would have been complaints either way.

100%. Volk doesn't judge his own fights. The guy is an amazing fighter. Just like Max.

Awesome interview. It’s pretty much impossible to hate this guy. If you think Max won the rematch, that’s fine. But hate on the judges, not on Alex.

He’s developing a good personality. He’s learning the game. But, still remaining mostly very respectful. I love the line about squashing the little “germ”, Cejudo.

I can’t see a reason to hate on the guy. He’s still got a good head on his shoulders, and the motivation to keep improving.

I fell asleep 3 seconds in to a 13 second clip.

<DisgustingHHH>

Back