Volk is going to take a bad beating

As much as I would like Volk to win this fight (would be amazing) I have to say I struggle to see that happening.

Last fight, had a full camp and it WAS a very close fight but Volk couldn't quite get it done. Another minute or two....maybe he would have achieved it.
So.....this fight, on 11days notice, fighting a grappling monster like Makhachev......I just cannot see Volk winning. Even though I'd really like to see that.

Let's hope at least for a minimum of 3rds to enjoy between these two and credit to them both for taking the fight (especially Volk!).

Just finished Embedded. Volk and Usman and their coaches spend the whole time convincing themselves that they have a chance. Meanwhile Khaz and Islam are fine tuned and ready.
Every fight on this card is a squash match. Expect a bearded domination.

Biggest factor I feel is Islam not having to cut much weight due to where the event is being held. Just take notice of how he looks on the scale.compared to how he usually looks fighting else where.
images
images
Jesus fucking Christ, the excuses & conspiracy because Makhachev is fighting in UAE. He’s only fought in Abu Dhabi 3x in his entire UFC career. He’s never missed weight.

So how much weightdoes he cut when In Abu Dhabi compared to Vegas, Oz, Canada etc? You say he doesn’t have to cut too much weight because of where the event is being held, please explain.

Just finished Embedded. Volk and Usman and their coaches spend the whole time convincing themselves that they have a chance. Meanwhile Khaz and Islam are fine tuned and ready.
Every fight on this card is a squash match. Expect a bearded domination.
Islam+Khamzat+Ankalaev @ +135

You say he doesn’t have to cut too much weight because of where the event is being held, please explain.

I don’t know about anything else, but I’m interested to hear if anyone has an explanation for these two things;

1. How is it possible to look the same (vascularity still there, muscle definition etc.) on the Abu Dhabi scale at 154,5 and on Vegas scale at 160 catchweight? And look very different (flat, no visible veins, all the signs for dehydration) in Perth at 155?

2. Two fighters weight in at the same time at 155. They have the same time to rehydrate. The clearly smaller and softer fighter is claimed to end up weighting much more after the rehydration period is over. What happened, How is this possible?

Only science based answers appreciated. If you (meaning all, not just the poster I quoted) don’t have one, don’t answer.
No need for any but but haters and racists bs.

I don’t know about anything else, but I’m interested to hear if anyone has an explanation for these two things;

1. How is it possible to look the same (vascularity still there, muscle definition etc.) on the Abu Dhabi scale at 154,5 and on Vegas scale at 160 catchweight? And look very different (flat, no visible veins, all the signs for dehydration) in Perth at 155?

2. Two fighters weight in at the same time at 155. They have the same time to rehydrate. The clearly smaller and softer fighter is claimed to end up weighting much more after the rehydration period is over. What happened, How is this possible?

Only science based answers appreciated. If you (meaning all, not just the poster I quoted) don’t have one, don’t answer.
No need for any but but haters and racists bs.
Racist bullshit, that’s rich coming from you, you’re the one hating Muslims.

The answer to your question is, you folks are looking too much into it and looking at every single excuse you can find to diminish Makhachev.

You & Sincere guy clearly has a gripe with Khabib & Makhachev, it’s personal problem with you two when it comes to those two fighters I mentioned.

The answer is not every weight cut is the same or will go smooth. Some fighters struggle some fighters don’t.

But but Abu Dhabi has magical scales am I right?

Maybe. He's going to take more risks, and Islam is especially good at punishing people for taking risks. Then again, Volk is an absolute beast so...guess that's why they step into the cage

My thought is this. Islam only needs to be Islam to win, again. Volk needs a full training camp to figure out those tiny adjustments needed to beat Islam, which he was close to doing last time. Islam's gameplan is the same no matter who he fights, he doesn't really need a full camp focusing on a particular fighter he just goes out to wrestle and grab a submission if it arises.

I don't think he is going to fight Islam. I think Islam is going to have more trouble cutting and will drop out by doing a Khabib (going hospital and using an IV)

I think the only bet I want to take is Islam by decision, or Yes it goes to a decision. I dont see either fighter getting finished.

Biggest factor I feel is Islam not having to cut much weight due to where the event is being held. Just take notice of how he looks on the scale.compared to how he usually looks fighting else where.
images
images
What kind of fifth-grader-level analysis is this? "Makhachev smirked, so he's overweight." That's the fucking evidence?

<Dany07>

Embarrassing.

Even if Volk was at a 100% I'd have leaned towards Islam in the rematch. A few minor adjustments by Islam (like kicking more to the body for example) would have given him the edge anyway in my book.
Now Volk is giving away every advantage to Islam.

1. Coming off of a surgery with minimal recovery time.
2. Super short notice
3. No time for body to adjust to higher weight class

The way I see the fight going that in the first round it's probably going to look similar to the first fight with Islam slightly winning the round but as the fight goes on Islam will be way more aggressive this time, softening up Volk with the body kick. He had a lot of success on the feet in the first fight and he's going to find even more success this time around if he made some adjustments which he will.
Eventually Volks unpreparedness will make itself shown and Islam is just going to batter him. Volk being super tough will keep him in the fight longer than he should which will result in him taking the biggest beating of his career. Eventually the accumulated damage will be too much. Volk will drop to the floor and Islam will sink in the easy rear naked choke.

Islam by submission round 4 probably.
I hope so.
That would be nice.
I like Volk very, very much... But how hard everyone tries to diminish Islam and Khabib CONSTANTLY, makes me root for them so much harder.
<JonesDXSuckIt>

What kind of fifth-grader-level analysis is this? "Makhachev smirked, so he's overweight." That's the fucking evidence?

<Dany07>

Embarrassing.
It's more to do with khabib when it seemed like he missed weight for Justin since there's no athletic commission. No one knows if he did or didn't but islam would get the same treatment.

Volk isn't the type of fighter to get dominated unless it's a lucky shot

Oil money gifted islam this win because they were scared of a prepared non injured Volk.

first fight was clearly rounds 2,3 and 5 for volk . Rewatch it and prove me wrong

It's more to do with khabib when it seemed like he missed weight for Justin since there's no athletic commission. No one knows if he did or didn't but islam would get the same treatment.
That’s even worst, you’re profiling Makhachev because you believe he’s a mirror image of Khabib just like countless other posters on here are mixing both together. Makhachev never missed weight and he’s spent most of his UFC career fighting outside of Abu Dhabi. The excuses and conspiracy theories are embarrassing on your end, Charles Oliveira has missed weight multiple times and was stripped, yet the focus is on Makhachev because DC he ways 200+ lbs which in a recent interview DC admits it was a joke, but yet the haters jump on it like it’s the truth.

Back