Volk is going to take a bad beating

OldFashion

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Even if Volk was at a 100% I'd have leaned towards Islam in the rematch. A few minor adjustments by Islam (like kicking more to the body for example) would have given him the edge anyway in my book.
Now Volk is giving away every advantage to Islam.

1. Coming off of a surgery with minimal recovery time.
2. Super short notice
3. No time for body to adjust to higher weight class

The way I see the fight going that in the first round it's probably going to look similar to the first fight with Islam slightly winning the round but as the fight goes on Islam will be way more aggressive this time, softening up Volk with the body kick. He had a lot of success on the feet in the first fight and he's going to find even more success this time around if he made some adjustments which he will.
Eventually Volks unpreparedness will make itself shown and Islam is just going to batter him. Volk being super tough will keep him in the fight longer than he should which will result in him taking the biggest beating of his career. Eventually the accumulated damage will be too much. Volk will drop to the floor and Islam will sink in the easy rear naked choke.

Islam by submission round 4 probably.

I can see a situation where Volk cooks himself throwing the kitchen sink at Islam only for Islam to survive to the bell. Islam coming out next round and taking Volk to the cleaners.

One eyed Volk fans will forever argue his was winning til he lost.

You read it here first folks

I can see a situation where Volk cooks himself throwing the kitchen sink at Islam only for Islam to survive to the bell. Islam coming out next round and taking Volk to the cleaners

One eyed Volk fans will forever argue his was winning til he lost.

You read it here first folks

Then after Islam smothers Volk for round two, he manages it again in round 3, then Volk turns the tides, reverses, takes top position and Volksmashes him until ref stoppage.

One eyed Islam fans will forever argue his was winning til he lost.

You read it here first folks.

Will never count Volk out in any fight. He can win this. I'm a fan of both Volk and Islam and I'm not picking a winner, just want a good fight.

The big thing for me is also that Islam is probably going to make Abu Dhabi 155 with ease + this fight he will have more hours to rehydrate where he had 10hrs less for his last Volk fight.

Volk could get finished here for sure, I guess it depends on how careful Islam will be

Problem is that Volk is a pillowfisted volume puncher. He ain't a finisher at 145 so what makes you think he suddenly will become a finisher at 155?
I didnt say that i thought he will suddenly become a finisher at 155...

But he cant try to win a decision here on short notice. He probably cant go 5 hard rounds. So he gotta do what he can with what he got. Thats smart.

I think the higher weightclass is actually better for a short notice fight, the worst short notice performances tend to be when people end up having to cut a load of water weight late on.

Not ideal but at least Volk likely isnt going to need to do that.

Even if Volk was at a 100% I'd have leaned towards Islam in the rematch. A few minor adjustments by Islam (like kicking more to the body for example) would have given him the edge anyway in my book.
Now Volk is giving away every advantage to Islam.

1. Coming off of a surgery with minimal recovery time.
2. Super short notice
3. No time for body to adjust to higher weight class

The way I see the fight going that in the first round it's probably going to look similar to the first fight with Islam slightly winning the round but as the fight goes on Islam will be way more aggressive this time, softening up Volk with the body kick. He had a lot of success on the feet in the first fight and he's going to find even more success this time around if he made some adjustments which he will.
Eventually Volks unpreparedness will make itself shown and Islam is just going to batter him. Volk being super tough will keep him in the fight longer than he should which will result in him taking the biggest beating of his career. Eventually the accumulated damage will be too much. Volk will drop to the floor and Islam will sink in the easy rear naked choke.

Islam by submission round 4 probably.
It sounds like you may be in love with Islam (the fighter). This is definitely homo.

Older
Shorter
Lighter
Short notice
Surgery
Abu Dhabi cheat weigh in

If Volk pulls that one off, major respect.
In theory Islam wins 4 rounds, knockdowns on either side could change the fight though.
Volk should try to take Islam down.

Back