Volk is going to take a bad beating

Volk is my favorite active fighter but the deck is stacked against him in nearly every way. He can absolutely win this, especially if he's being taken lightly as a short-notice replacement. Like GSP, he's never out of shape and despite what he's saying to the media, I think he can go all five. I suspect it's a bit of gamesmanship.

Islam is the smart bet here given all of the circumstances but the upset would make my year.

Reactions: MT5
I can see a situation where Volk cooks himself throwing the kitchen sink at Islam only for Islam to survive to the bell. Islam coming out next round and taking Volk to the cleaners.

One eyed Volk fans will forever argue his was winning til he lost.

You read it here first folks
I can 100% see this lol

Anything but a spectacular, early finish would be underwhelming for Islam. Weight class above, full camp, home advantage, very little time for Volk... Probably easy IV access too. Dude has every possible advantage.
Lmaoooo, this shit is why i'm against this fight. There is literally almost no path in which Islam looks good or gets credit for a large segment of the fan base. Volk is a very tough guy to dominate regardless if its short notice or not.

I give Volk a punchers chance.. His chances are very, very slim simply because one of the few areas where I think Volk has an advantage, he won't even have and that's cardio/endurance.

I predict Islam submits Volk in the 3rd round as Volk's fitness get pushed to the max

Imo Volk will do better this fight. He came out of the first fight with strength to spare, while Islam was quite worn out. Volk will press the pace more intensely this time around.

I am concerned about the potential injury affecting things for Volk, but I really don't think it's gonna be that serious. He's gonna take it to Islam and we'll get the third fight at UFC 300.

The Volk nuthuggers will tell you it's because he got two (phantom) knockdowns in the first fight and Islam was on his back in the last 70 seconds getting tee'd off on LOL
The actual issue is Islam haters not Volk fans. Most of us are honest and know he lost the first fight

I can see a situation where Volk cooks himself throwing the kitchen sink at Islam only for Islam to survive to the bell. Islam coming out next round and taking Volk to the cleaners.

This is a real possibility as Volk hasn't trained for 5 rounds so he knows he has to go for broke and KO Islam early on if he wants to win. If Islam can weather the storm, he'll be in a good position to grind out Volk to a decision or finish him in the later rounds.

Also re-hydration will be a big factor here. Islam didn't have enough time to rehydrate properly last time which affected his performance.

Volk is my favorite active fighter but the deck is stacked against him in nearly every way. He can absolutely win this, especially if he's being taken lightly as a short-notice replacement. Like GSP, he's never out of shape and despite what he's saying to the media, I think he can go all five. I suspect it's a bit of gamesmanship.

Islam is the smart bet here given all of the circumstances but the upset would make my year.
I dont think Islam is taking him lightly. He already knows dude is a tougher fight than he thought he'd be.

If Volks going to win, he will have to finish him early. If not the longer the fight goes favors Islam. Islam will either win by KO/TKO or submission late rounds or decision imo.

So your prediction is Islam by KO/TKO , submission, or decision? Got all your bases covered. Nice prediction.

But you left out the DQ.
{<redford}

I dont think Islam is taking him lightly. He already knows dude is a tougher fight than he thought he'd be.

I think you're right. Him and his team are smart guys. I just wonder how much they're expecting the short-notice element to affect Volk's strategy. I haven't been this excited for a fight in a while!

Reactions: HHJ
Serious question: where do the judges come from in Abu Dhabi fights? Is it a different pool than fights in the USA or anywhere else?

That's what everyone said they're first fight meh I got the same shit Islam via ud

Volk can win.

The last fight was close and volk will likely not be as worried about the subs and grappling. Volk could have won if Islam didn't have his back in round 4.

But the last fight volk had every advantage and came up short. Now the tables have turned.

Back