Elections Vivek Ramaswamy argues whether US should still support Ukraine- small town hall

Holy crap dude. One program is ran bad so they all are?
Sent us " bad " Biden. He wants to produce chips in U.S.
We too need this... ok, Poland and Germany still will get some factories anyway but Biden really is increasing number of jobs etc...especially for long terms.

No demonstrable accountability systems in place? You mean like the GAO, OIG and OPM?

If the claim is that the private sector is usually more efficient, sure. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. If they're doing the same job, you'd usually prefer a private company handle it. But to say that there are *no* incentives for good work and all gov't workers/agencies do a bad job, that's obvious bullshit. And a lot of times, what gov't agencies do is something that wouldn't be profitable but that we all agree needs to be done, and a lot times, they do an extremely good job at it.

Sent us " bad " Biden. He wants to produce chips in U.S.
We too need this... ok, Poland and Germany still will get some factories anyway but Biden really is increasing number of jobs etc...especially for long terms.

PC chips or vehicle chips? Regardless, I agree that the US needs to have some manufacturing of them here to the extent possible.

If the claim is that the private sector is usually more efficient, sure. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. If they're doing the same job, you'd usually prefer a private company handle it. But to say that there are *no* incentives for good work and all gov't workers/agencies do a bad job, that's obvious bullshit. And a lot of times, what gov't agencies do is something that wouldn't be profitable but that we all agree needs to be done, and a lot times, they do an extremely good job at it.
I wouldn't want private industry handling tax or coastline security. But ive also seen such a waste of government money first hand over the last decade (wasteful bs management positions, many inefficient unused lower level programs made for the military 20 years ago). I think we could do a better job scrubbing some of these programs and saving money

8 year limit on non elected federal bureaucrats. Talk about a revolving door.

I don’t know about them being more efficient. My township got rid of municipal trash pickup and now there are 4-5 different trash trucks driving through the neighborhood every week.
I’ll say the private sector is more efficient at sucking money out of communities and enriching themselves.

I like him.
Elon just sent out a couple of tweets or X's supporting him, so that has to help.
What he stands for is very clear.

It’s a bad position. Keeping Russia in a state of decline IS in our national interest. It’s half baked and shows how ignorant he is.
Not really. Pushing Russia towards a very close alliance with China is worse for national interest than supporting Ukraine in a forever war with Russia. Spending billions to trillions on a war that assuredly has no way to win is not an anyones interest other thsn Arms dealers an war hawks.

@Islam Imamate had seen Vivek had over taken desabtis is a couple states. First national one that shows him at least tied with Rod. I think Vivek is going to win the first debate too, which will the put him ahead of Rick

Not surprising, is that he over took Rick Deesantis in an additional national poll.

What is surprising is he did call out trump for not going to the debate and also says he will refuse VP. I guess that he mentions VP specifically, he would accept another role

Not really. Pushing Russia towards a very close alliance with China is worse for national interest than supporting Ukraine in a forever war with Russia. Spending billions to trillions on a war that assuredly has no way to win is not an anyones interest other thsn Arms dealers an war hawks.
cos they were super friendly to western nations before all this kicked off, whats a few poisonings and espionage between friends?

He is a full of shit, warmongering clown like the rest of them.

If Russia and China decided to create a military alliance (whatever he means), there's nothing he could possibly do that won't either be an act of war or push them closer together.

cos they were super friendly to western nations before all this kicked off, whats a few poisonings and espionage between friends?
Huh? How ffs does a proxy forever war with no chance of winning an only draining money play to US advantage. So because we were ne er really that friendly with Russia anyway is the rationale? It's one thing to have tenuous relationship with a country and another to drive your 2 greatest Rivals to an enemy of enemy allisnce_friendship.

If Russia and China decided to create a military alliance (whatever he means), there's nothing he could possibly do that won't either be an act of war or push them closer together.

Conceptually he's right, you want to go after the weaker partner in an alliance and find ways to pry them away from the other instead of bashing your head against stronger one. However, he doesn't quite have a grasp of geopolitical realities. Ending the war in the Ukraine in a way that's both acceptable to Russian AND weakens the China-Russia alliance is not gonna happen, you can have one or the other, getting both is about as likely as your wife letting you have a harem. At best, he can end the war without affecting the strength of the alliance either way, and in time there should be other opportunities & ways to reach his goal.

Conceptually he's right, you want to go after the weaker partner in an alliance and find ways to pry them away from the other instead of bashing your head against stronger one. However, he doesn't quite have a grasp of geopolitical realities. Ending the war in the Ukraine in a way that's both acceptable to Russian AND weakens the China-Russia alliance is not gonna happen, you can have one or the other, getting both is about as likely as your wife letting you have a harem. At best, he can end the war without affecting the strength of the alliance either way, and in time there should be other opportunities & ways to reach his goal.
There's no chance to stop Russia and China from "aligning" if they wanted. This is a nonsense goal and only cause more warmongering.

He's another tool.

I think Xi Jinping is the new Mao. For all the concern over Russia China is a far bigger threat cause they are the 2nd largest economy, are diversified and have almost 9 times as big and is a major part of the world economy.

Back