Elections Vivek Ramaswamy argues whether US should still support Ukraine- small town hall

I think Xi Jinping is the new Mao. For all the concern over Russia China is a far bigger threat cause they are the 2nd largest economy, are diversified and have almost 9 times as big and is a major part of the world economy.
Threat to what?

Economically speaking there is nothing China truly stands to gain from closer partnership with Russia outside of energy. Energy of which is teetering on a knifes edge.

I doubt China gets closer with Russia in the next decade outside of BS like BRICS which is dumb anyway.

There's no chance to stop Russia and China from "aligning" if they wanted. This is a nonsense goal and only cause more warmongering.

He's another tool.

Depends on the time scale we're talking about. 1 or 2 Presidential terms and you're right, there ain't a damn thing we can do about it. Give it a few generations and things are different. Russia & China are in an alliance of convenience more than anything else, they have a lot of competing interests and they're NOT natural allies. If the US stopped dicking around in their affairs all the time they'd have a lot less reason to align with each other against us.

Huh? How ffs does a proxy forever war with no chance of winning an only draining money play to US advantage. So because we were ne er really that friendly with Russia anyway is the rationale? It's one thing to have tenuous relationship with a country and another to drive your 2 greatest Rivals to an enemy of enemy allisnce_friendship.

Conceptually he's right, you want to go after the weaker partner in an alliance and find ways to pry them away from the other instead of bashing your head against stronger one. However, he doesn't quite have a grasp of geopolitical realities. Ending the war in the Ukraine in a way that's both acceptable to Russian AND weakens the China-Russia alliance is not gonna happen, you can have one or the other, getting both is about as likely as your wife letting you have a harem. At best, he can end the war without affecting the strength of the alliance either way, and in time there should be other opportunities & ways to reach his goal.

If the claim is that the private sector is usually more efficient, sure. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. If they're doing the same job, you'd usually prefer a private company handle it. But to say that there are *no* incentives for good work and all gov't workers/agencies do a bad job, that's obvious bullshit. And a lot of times, what gov't agencies do is something that wouldn't be profitable but that we all agree needs to be done, and a lot times, they do an extremely good job at it.

The private sector is only better at jobs that are accurately and fairly priced on the free market. Personal safety, healthcare, education for disadvantaged, national defense, utilities and infrastructure etc. are all important aspects to a nation that don't neatly fit within free-market valuation.

Last edited:
Several other Asian countries. Minorities within China. The Western global order. Our intellectual property.
Several other Asian countries? They can't be worse than how the US has treated most of the middle east.

Minorities within China? Um, American history. My grandparents were born in the 1920s in the south. Their parents were descendants of slaves. So it's not that long ago. My hometown has a very famous story involving a pregnant Black woman and a police chief. I don't know if we want to go there. Also, there's open air slave trading in Libya because of the US.

Western global order? No idea what this means or why you care.

Intellectual property? No idea what this means either or why you care. If you are talking about the means of production, the powers that be sold this to China years ago. So much of the US' goods are produced in China and it's not because China took it from America.

Any politician who talks about "stopping' China should be immediately dismissed.

Last edited:
vivek trying to be funny, didnt know he had it in him.

Not really. Pushing Russia towards a very close alliance with China is worse for national interest than supporting Ukraine in a forever war with Russia. Spending billions to trillions on a war that assuredly has no way to win is not an anyones interest other thsn Arms dealers an war hawks.

Naive.

China are just vultures circling round Russia, hoping for a land grab.

Pushing Russia closer to China? Maybe, but only in a very literal sense.

Not surprising, is that he over took Rick Deesantis in an additional national poll.

What is surprising is he did call out trump for not going to the debate and also says he will refuse VP. I guess that he mentions VP specifically, he would accept another role

Definitely choose this guy over Trump.

But good luck.

Seems like a huge percentage of people would vote for Trump's casket 10 years after his death over anyone else.

Obsession.

This guy is a stud. We are seeing it first here folks.
We are looking at our next Vice President

I see why Republicans would like him. He's more dynamic and articulate than almost all of them. Unfortunately, like most Republicans, he's dead wrong on almost everything. But at least he gives people a chaser for the shit sandwich he is feeding them.

Last edited:

But good luck.

Seems like a huge percentage of people would vote for Trump's casket 10 years after his death over anyone else.

Obsession.

Trump would never need a casket because a phoenix with a fire so strong never dies, only reborn.

but yes, some large number of GOP voters in a recent poll said they would vote for trump in jail and/or write him in if needed.

vivek is my second choice now tho

Vivek is very good at running circles around these clowns lol

You think? Sounds like he was getting mad about being confronted with past crazy statements by him and trying to change the subject. This is a guy who wants to be president. Seems disturbing that he's into CTism and can't even explain his own positions.

But good luck.

Obsession.

Not sure that Trump had any dumber idea than that (in part because Trump kind of knows he doesn't know anything about policy, while Vivek seriously puts out shit that he probably thought of as stoned freshman at 2 a.m.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back