Vitor wants Anderson rematch in boxing

Anderson was pissed off because they trained together before and thought Vitor calling him out wasnt loyal. Also Anderson was in his most crazy form and would get triggered by anyone calling him out, specially brazillians. The guy got furious with freaking Demian Maia LOL

This mask thing is utter bullshit. Dont believe everything you read online.
The mask could be bullshit but that was the word around the reason for the mask being worn. Only fight Anderson ever wore a mask for.

Why? He’s asking for a boxing match and he has much better hands than Anderson.

Much better hands? Not sure if Vitor even touched him, bromie. I'm a fan of Vitor, not knocking him at all, but Silva essentially had a flawless victory against Vitor, and was the first to actually knock him out.

Why? He’s asking for a boxing match and he has much better hands than Anderson.

He has better straight punching and a more forward offensive attack but that's about it. Anderson's far more well rounded(MMA term, I know) inside a boxing ring as well.

Anderson was pissed off because they trained together before and thought Vitor calling him out wasnt loyal. Also Anderson was in his most crazy form and would get triggered by anyone calling him out, specially brazillians. The guy got furious with freaking Demian Maia LOL

This mask thing is utter bullshit. Dont believe everything you read online.
Wait a minute.... Did they really train together? At Chute Boxe? Chute Boxe had a huge rivalry with Vitor for years and he only came to train there once Wanderlei moved to the US if i recall right?

The mask could be bullshit but that was the word around the reason for the mask being worn. Only fight Anderson ever wore a mask for.

That was a silly rumor. The word around the reason for the mask being worn was that Vitor told in interviews that Anderson would put a mask (in the sense of creating a persona) of somebody who he wasnt just to intimidate his opponents.

Wait a minute.... Did they really train together? At Chute Boxe? Chute Boxe had a huge rivalry with Vitor for years and he only came to train there once Wanderlei moved to the US if i recall right?

Not at Chute Boxe. Black House and Team Nogueira.

Much better hands? Not sure if Vitor even touched him, bromie. I'm a fan of Vitor, not knocking him at all, but Silva essentially had a flawless victory against Vitor, and was the first to actually knock him out.

What did he knock him out with? Vitor has more punch kos than Anderson.

What did he knock him out with? Vitor has more punch kos than Anderson.

Vitor couldn't even hit him though, man. Regardless, my initial post was touching on Vitor saying stupid shit lately. Like him saying his upcoming boxing match will be the most watched event ever. Stupid shit. Wanting to fight Silva when they're both close to 50 years old is some more stupid shit. In my opinion, at least, despite me liking Vitor.

Vitor couldn't even hit him though, man. Regardless, my initial post was touching on Vitor saying stupid shit lately. Like him saying his upcoming boxing match will be the most watched event ever. Stupid shit. Wanting to fight Silva when they're both close to 50 years old is some more stupid shit. In my opinion, at least, despite me liking Vitor.

Fair enough I get where you’re coming from. I think Vitor would knock Anderson through the ropes in a boxing match, but they are old as hell now and it’s not like it would mean as much as when Anderson ktfo him in mma lol

Damn, Vitor is building quite the queue of opponents, he's gonna be booked for the next few years

• Oscar De La Hoya
  • Evander Holyfield
  • Anderson Silva
  • Hong-man Choi
  • The Lock Ness Monster
  • Shaquille O'Neal
You forgot.
>Brock lesnar
>Lennox lewis
>Butterbean
>undertaker

Trt Belfort will ko them all

2 MMA fighters competing against each other ing boxing? Wont work Vitor, thats not how this works.

Needs to be a Boxer and a MMA fighter, that up kick from Silva really messed with Vitor's brains
Silva just beat Chavez, he’s the boxer now

Someone refresh my memory on this but was there any real animosity between Silva and Vitor? Or was it just a fighters mentality where they have to turn their opponent into a literal "enemy"? I know there was some conflict involving Chute Boxe and Vitor being a little more popular right?
I recall them talking mad trash before the fight, how vitor was fake, and that had him riled

Damn, Vitor is building quite the queue of opponents, he's gonna be booked for the next few years

• Oscar De La Hoya
  • Evander Holyfield
  • Anderson Silva
  • Hong-man Choi
  • The Lock Ness Monster
  • Shaquille O'Neal
All that test got him itching for a fight.

That fight made me sick.

I'll swear... to this day...if that kick doesn't land Vitor KOs Anderson in that fight.
you know, I just rewatched it after reading your comment and I cannot fathom what could lead you to believe this. Vitor barely threw anything in this fight and when he did throw he could barely touch Anderson. I'm not saying he couldn't have Kod him, but to proclaim it with such confidence...

Last edited:
Someone refresh my memory on this but was there any real animosity between Silva and Vitor? Or was it just a fighters mentality where they have to turn their opponent into a literal "enemy"? I know there was some conflict involving Chute Boxe and Vitor being a little more popular right?
Yes Vitor called Anderson fake and said he was wearing a mask to hide his real personality. So Anderson wore a mask at the weigh in to fuck with him. Never heard anything about the mask resembling his sisters kidnappers. The play boy comments were aimed at Maia.

• Oscar De La Hoya
  • Evander Holyfield
  • Anderson Silva
  • Hong-man Choi
  • The Lock Ness Monster
  • Shaquille O'Neal
All solid matchups IMO

It's funny how people talk about Anderson's losses post injury like his lower body durability wasn't hindered. Anderson still did better in his post-prime career than most of your favorite fighters despite being compromised. Look at all of Anderson's losses post leg injury, it was because they targeted his lower body. Anderson showcased that a single facet of his game is at elite boxer level, truly the goat. Imagine if Anderson came to the UFC earlier and cared about preserving his 'legacy' like certain "goats". There wouldn't even be a discussion about who the goat is.

Certain fighters are rewarded for NOT taking risks in the goat convo! Never moving up or moving up to fighting the lowest risk champ ever yet being regarded as goat.
I will always have a special type of respect for fighters like Anderson and Fedor. They fought for the love of fighting, not for some legacy for a fickle fanbase.

That was a silly rumor. The word around the reason for the mask being worn was that Vitor told in interviews that Anderson would put a mask (in the sense of creating a persona) of somebody who he wasnt just to intimidate his opponents.

Not at Chute Boxe. Black House and Team Nogueira.
Ok that explanation makes sense about the mask. Thanks for the clarification. I always wondered why that was the only fight he ever wore a mask for during the pre-fight face off.

Vitor's often nonsensical blah-blahing is tiresome.

Fair enough I get where you’re coming from. I think Vitor would knock Anderson through the ropes in a boxing match, but they are old as hell now and it’s not like it would mean as much as when Anderson ktfo him in mma lol

I disagree. Silva's too slick for Vitor, and doesn't back straight up. Vitor tends to be more successful with straight punches when his opponents move in a straight line. He seems to struggle when they move laterally and/or clinch. Vitor typically has the power + speed to put anybody down, but he's well past that now. Silva wrecks him again.

Back