Vitor disliked in brazil?

religion's not big in Brasil
jesus-christ-largest-statue-0412.jpg

I remember he got boo'd when he was supposed to fight Wanderlei. Showed him in the audience.

Yes. He's so disliked in Brazil that the entire fight the crowd was chanting " Ole', Ole'-Ole'-Ole', Vitorrrrr, Vitorrrrr!!!"

They absolutely hate the guy.

That's because, you know, they speak Portugese not English and had no idea what he was saying.

He talked about Jesus in portuguese.
The thing is, people hate preachers. Born again christians are especially hated in Brazil.
I mean there are huge evangelical crowds in Brazil but the other people hate them.
I think in the rest of latin america most people are really religious but not the case in Brazil at all.

Can't stand when people complain about other people talking about religion, if your not religious then keep your disbelief to yourself. Brazilians are a very religious people so thats clearly not it.

I always said that but you Americans think otherwise.
Belfort has a high rejection rate in Brazil due his Christian speech. During TUF Brazil it was almost unbearable. He was all preach and made all his teammates preach as well.
He really should keep his god talk to himself and his popularity would increase hugely.

I would love the guy if he lays off the preaching

Wow, there's a whole 50 people looking at the Grand Poobah!!

"In the 2010 census 64.6% of Brazil's population declared themselves as Roman Catholic, 22.2% as Protestant, 8% as non religious, and 5.2% as followers of other religions."

I remember he got boo'd when he was supposed to fight Wanderlei. Showed him in the audience.

My buddy from Brazil and I were talking about this the other day, he told me that Vitor's from an upper class family in Brazil, he comes from money, so the masses reject him, whereas Anderson Silva is loved, not just for his character, but due to his upbringing; he can relate to the people of Brazil more than Vitor can.

My buddy from Brazil and I were talking about this the other day, he told me that Vitor's from an upper class family in Brazil, he comes from money, so the masses reject him, whereas Anderson Silva is loved, not just for his character, but due to his upbringing; he can relate to the people.

You got it wrong, people don't like Anderson because he is fake.

"In the 2010 census 64.6% of Brazil's population declared themselves as Roman Catholic, 22.2% as Protestant, 8% as non religious, and 5.2% as followers of other religions."

Maybe thats why they dont like his born again crap cos most brazilians are catholic?

I thought the same OP, I first realised it when the crowd would frequently break out in a loud "ole oleoleoleole vitoooor vitoooor" chants.

Just done watching the event. He finished well.. great performance.

And then.....

The interview?.. Wasn't too bad till he went all WWE at the end.

He's STILL unfocused. This fight was a genuine title eliminator for the MW belt. He might not get the next shot at Anderson, but it brings him within range. He aint gonna get straight back in there with Jones, what's he thinking?.. I know Sonnen doesn't really deserve it either but at least make the point after a victory at the actual weight class you're gonna call for a shot in. Didn't like that.

Not a great trend in the sport right now, We've got unearned WW and LHW title fights coming up. MW has no real air apparent either. They might be making some good money but the belts are being challenged for by unworthy challengers more and more these days. With the rosters they have in each class, I think they can manage better.

Back