Vitor disliked in brazil?

I would love the guy if he lays off the preaching

He gets in the octagon to entertain the fans. He puts his health on the line. I think he has earned the right to say whatever the he'll he wants in his post fight speech.

Personally it is absolutely pathetic to me to not be a fan of someone because he speaks about what he loves.

If he thanked his wife, kids, parents or anything of that nature people wouldn't take issue. God/religion is obviously just as important to him.

I think people that take issue with it are shallow, close minded, and insecure in their own belief.

"In the 2010 census 64.6% of Brazil's population declared themselves as Roman Catholic, 22.2% as Protestant, 8% as non religious, and 5.2% as followers of other religions."

I'm brazilian and I will tell you the real deal. Most of the catholics are not really catholic, but it's not nice to label yourself as atheist. Still they never went to church, they certainly had sex before marriage, use condoms, drink a lot and many are gay, still they call themselves catholics because it's acceptable.
Most of the protestants are fanatical OTOH.

An australian friend came here last year for the carnival and she was shocked, she was expecting a place like Mexico with people going to the mass, wearing crosses...instead it looked something like a huge brothel with semi-naked women everywhere, drunk people falling on the streets and tons of other profane stuff.

I would say it's a much less religious country than the USA. But not as much as europe(scandinavia, germany...)
Portugal is also a lot and I mean a lot more religious, that place is crazy

You got it wrong, people don't like Anderson because he is fake.

Fake about what? I have no idea what you are talking about, what exactly is Anderson Silva faking?

Can't stand when people complain about other people talking about religion, if your not religious then keep your disbelief to yourself.
Such a moronic statement! Oh please keep your opinion of what I think to yourself while I shove my belief up your ass.

You have it backwards asshole if your religious keep your belief to yourself! I'm not here to read fiction.

I'm brazilian and I will tell you the real deal. Most of the catholics are not really catholic, but it's not nice to label yourself as atheist. Still they never went to church, they certainly had sex before marriage, use condoms, drink a lot and many are gay, still they call themselves catholics because it's acceptable.

An australian friend came here last year for the carnival and she was shocked, she was expecting a place like Mexico with people going to the mass, wearing crosses...instead it looked something like a huge brothel with semi-naked women everywhere, drunk people falling on the streets and tons of other profane stuff.

I would say it's a much less religious country than the USA. But not as much as europe(scandinavia, germany...)

Great info man, most catholic ppl are like that in europe too, just catholic in name

this is true
the only time when "catholics" get religious is when you say "there's no god"

He gets in the octagon to entertain the fans. He puts his health on the line. I think he has earned the right to say whatever the he'll he wants in his post fight speech.

Personally it is absolutely pathetic to me to not be a fan of someone because he speaks about what he loves.

If he thanked his wife, kids, parents or anything of that nature people wouldn't take issue. God/religion is obviously just as important to him.

I think people that take issue with it are shallow, close minded, and insecure in their own belief.

Thats a load of bullshit. Just cos hes a good fighter doesnt mean I have to like or agree with his beliefs.

its the year 2013. even in a country like brazil. its not 200AD anymore. religious people are now a minority. the world got smarter.

Have you lived in the US for a long period of time? Because the parts I bolded, you could say the same exact things about the US. If that's your thesis about why Brazil isn't very religious, then the US isn't religious either. You said the Protestants are very fanatical; here, it's the "evangelical" Protestants in particular that are fervent. I've never met a fanatical Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Lutheran, etc.

aren't you the idiot who called Cain a "mexican"?? jesus you're a terrible poster. please stop starting dumb threads

Such a moronic statement! Oh please keep your opinion of what I think to yourself while I shove my belief up your ass.

You have it backwards asshole if your religious keep your belief to yourself! I'm not here to read fiction.
Nail that sucka home!!! well said.

BTW, I'm an atheist and I really couldn't care less about what Vitor wants to say after a fight, as long as he brings it when it counts. Maybe I've just built up a callous, seeing as the whole athletes "giving all the glory to God" shtick is old hat.

Thats a load of bullshit. Just cos hes a good fighter doesnt mean I have to like or agree with his beliefs.

No but his beliefs should not sway your fandom more than his fan friendly style.

You yourself said you would be a fan if not for his personal religious beliefs. It's something that is important to him and means a great deal. If he can get in the cage to entertain you than you surely can sit through a 45 second speech. If not than turn it off.

To not be a fan for a reason like that makes you pathetic.

About catholics vs protestants... thats not the case, we dont have any tension between religions over here. I dislike Vitor because he cant talk like a normal person, he always have to give a preach or a lecture

Back