Vitor disliked in brazil?

Lol at this thread, Vitor is loved and Brazil is religious as are most people in the world

He gets in the octagon to entertain the fans. He puts his health on the line. I think he has earned the right to say whatever the he'll he wants in his post fight speech.

Personally it is absolutely pathetic to me to not be a fan of someone because he speaks about what he loves.

If he thanked his wife, kids, parents or anything of that nature people wouldn't take issue. God/religion is obviously just as important to him.

I think people that take issue with it are shallow, close minded, and insecure in their own belief.

Very nice post, agreed brother

Most people in life are religious and most fighters in the UFC are religious too.

Let's say if you were in the UFC, fought for the belt and won your big fight, you have every right to thank whomever you like. Even if you lost the fight then of course you are still free to thank them for giving you the inspiration to get to the position you were in. You could thank Jesus, Buddha, your sister/brother or even that bully at school who drove you to start training in kickboxing. If you did the same thing and thanked all of the above, i and hopefully everyone would acknowledge the hard work and determination it took you to get there and not have a problem with it whatsoever

The main point i am sure we all agree upon is that all of these things can be a great positive influence in someones life, and in this world where society, work, the day to day struggles we all have, pets dying, loved ones dying... all of these things we all have to deal with in life....it can beat you down and bring a man or woman to their knees... it does really help to have a positive outlook on things because in the end we are all fighters

I congratulate everyone that fights in the UFC, regardless of race, color or religion. It takes a huge amount of bravery, sacrifice, and training to do so. I also wish everyone out there well in everything you do in life

Have you lived in the US for a long period of time? Because the parts I bolded, you could say the same exact things about the US. If that's your thesis about why Brazil isn't very religious, then the US isn't religious either. You said the Protestants are very fanatical; here, it's the "evangelical" Protestants in particular that are fervent. I've never met a fanatical Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, Lutheran, etc.

the problem is that every protestant in brazil(90% of them at least) are evangelical, you know these pastors with an expensive suit, singing songs, dancing...
But yes the same could be said of the USA in some ways it's the same. Although I believe in the USA there is a higher amount of religion involved in politics.

About Jesus statue, c'mon...it is like 100 years old and it isn't even of religious significance(it's obviously a religious symbol but it's not a place believers go to pray or on pilgrimage, it's mostly a tourist attraction, there are some old churches with relics and stuff where pilgrimages actually happen), it's more artistic than anything.

Such a moronic statement! Oh please keep your opinion of what I think to yourself while I shove my belief up your ass.

You have it backwards asshole if your religious keep your belief to yourself! I'm not here to read fiction.
I don't recall say anything where I was preaching religion, I'm just tired of people bashing religion and fighters who talk about it. Its their right to say what they want and it shouldn't get so many people panties in a bunch.

I don't recall say anything where I was preaching religion, I'm just tired of people bashing religion and fighters who talk about it. Its their right to say what they want and it shouldn't get so many people panties in a bunch.

Agreed brother, nicely said

Man Vitor was amazing tonight

Fewer people took issue with Brock Lesnar snarling at Frank Mir and talking about getting on top of his wife than with Vitor Belfort thanking Jesus. Good on Vitor for caring more about what God thinks than the mature, intelligent posters on sherdog.

religion's not big in Brasil

You have no clue what you are talking about and I hope you are being sarcastic. And plus, you spelling Brazil with an S, like in Spanish and Portuguese does not mean you know what you are talking about on the subject.

And they are deeply devout in their faith.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back