Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread

That Whatever podcast is weird as hell. I was watching some clip and they have some random asian girl just sitting there with some weird hat literally doing nothing.
Just watched a few because it appeared on my feed. That main dude is an idiot. They all speak like they are 14. "Ummmm", "like, ummm, yeah, like"... Jeebus, spit it out!
Those types of videos always gives me anxiety and such. Can't do it anymore.

Some of these points and quotes have already been raised, but they bear repeating.

The CEO of the company has admitted in her own words that creating great games isn't her first priority. She cares more about recruiting other minorities to work alongside her, and to force white gamers to play non-white characters that project her personal political values as opposed to creating experiences that her consumers cherish.
This is the crux of it all, and it gets ignored.... But a guy making a list is the one in the wrong??? How??
Make it make sense.

That Whatever podcast is weird as hell. I was watching some clip and they have some random asian girl just sitting there with some weird hat literally doing nothing.
Yeah it's a huge scam. He's peddling rage. He intentionally invites women onto his show that he knows are going to infuriate guys who have trouble in the dating world, and they all donate money, like hundreds and hundreds of dollars to watch him just dump on them. They get free publicity for their social media. Win win. His audience loses

Only purchase Japanese Chinese and Korean games. Europe and west is compromised

Guys who are conservative explain this to me. I thought you all wanted women more covered up and to be modest like a good trad wife? How come it’s shifted to women showing off big titties now? Look at the discourse on stellar blade for example. If a woman showed up like that on fresh n fit she’d be torn to pieces by the same men. I’m just so confused

First, Fresh & Fit are scammers, promoting the lifestyle of men to not be in a dedicated relationship with one woman, but many, and those many women be completely loyal to him. They're full of shit.

Second, I lived through the era of Christian Moms & Politicians clutching their pearls and screaming 'Will someone please think of the children?' regarding violent video games like Doom & Mortal Kombat, which 30 years later looks hilarious compared to the realistic violence we have.

So why are we, as 'conservatives' against making women ugly in video games? Well first I could say we're for conserving gaming culture within the games themselves, and developers making female characters fat & ugly to appease fat & ugly women that don't play videogames is very similar to the annoying Christian mothers to the 90s. In short, I'm sick of Karens, aren't you?

On top of that, ever read 'The Naked Communist?' Its about strategies communist revolutionaries use to groom a free country into being taken over by communists.... and Uglifying the Beautiful in terms of art is one of the 50+ points of the book, as well as promoting homosexual lifestyles, and sexual androgynousness.

And I'm a promoter of the gaming industry, and I hate it when a huge developer gets closed down after a complete flop after a huge investment into a game that took years to develop. Its even more tragic when the game flops because one if the biggest reasons is because of Sweet Baby Inc's advice they implemented into the game.

Is Sweet Baby Inc taking any responsibility for Rockstar's flop with Suicide Squad Kills The Justice League? Nope.

Is Sweet Baby Inc, or their personelle, still operating and consultants within the development of other new games? Yep.

Does it matter to them if the games they've consulted on have flopped? Nope.
And would happily be consultants for new games? Yup, because that's more money.

Would they feel any responsibility for the developers being shut down for following their advice? Probably not.

As a lover and promoter of the gaming industry, its quite obvious Sweet Baby Inc, and consultants like them are simple-minded cunty elitists who just want to spread their idealogy to those they have no respect for (gamers).

They're a cancer within the gaming industry and must be removed by any means necessary.

Nope, it isn't.

Tomb Raider is no longer about Raiding Tombs, but 'Seeking Truth' and being an avatar for white guilt.
Oh well. Do what they've lately done, get what they've lately gotten.

For any who didn't see me flag this in the Industry news megathread, it's tangentially relevant to this thread:

60% Of All Playtime In 2023 Was Spent On Live-Service Games More Than Six Years Old

Gamespot said:
New market data shows that 60% of playtime across consoles and PC was spent on live-service games that are over six years old, such as Fortnite, Minecraft, Counter-Strike and others. The report, from market researcher Newzoo (via Kotaku), claims that the PC and console markets generated $93.5 billion in revenue during 2023. Most of this revenue and most of the total playtime was spent on heavyweight, established titles...

A grand total of 66 games accounted for over 80% of playtime in 2023. 60% of that was spent with games that are six years or older.

As for other games, 23% of the total playtime was spent on new releases. However, most of that time was spent on annual franchises like Madden or NBA2K. Only 8% was spent on new, non-annual games like Baldur's Gate III or Tears of the Kingdom, and even those are part of well-established franchises.
Gee, I wonder why all the new creative single player IPs aren't resonating with gamers.

Single player games always plummet in active users one to two months after release.

@Madmick He's pitching at you a slowball, and You're Neo from the Matrix and you're getting bored with how slow it is coming at you... practically begging for you to knock that ball into the stratosphere.

@Madmick He's pitching at you a slowball, and You're Neo from the Matrix and you're getting bored with how slow it is coming at you... practically begging for you to knock that ball into the stratosphere.
Meatballs at least make it to the plate. Let's be real, here.
tenor.gif

Meatballs at least make it to the plate. Let's be real, here.

Games have a finite amount of content. What attracts and retains players is the gameplay loop.

Hogwarts Legacy losing 99% of its players in one year isnt a byproduct of people rejecting JK Rowlings statements. Which is something someone on the opposite spectrum to both of you would illogically state.

Games have a finite amount of content. What attracts and retains players is the gameplay loop.

Hogwarts Legacy losing 99% of its players in one year isnt a byproduct of people rejecting JK Rowlings statements. Which is something someone on the opposite spectrum to both of you would illogically state.
Great logic except for the part where new games are perpetually released on a rolling basis, LMFAO.
<WhatIsThis>

Oh well. Do what they've lately done, get what they've lately gotten.

For any who didn't see me flag this in the Industry news megathread, it's tangentially relevant to this thread:

60% Of All Playtime In 2023 Was Spent On Live-Service Games More Than Six Years Old

Gee, I wonder why all the new creative single player IPs aren't resonating with gamers.

Those things are unrelated. People have already invested hundreds if not thousands of hours in those games and for most it's very hard to quit after that kind of time investment. Single player games can be beaten anywhere between 5 and 50 hours. They're one and done type experiences.

Those things are unrelated. People have already invested hundreds if not thousands of hours in those games and for most it's very hard to quit after that kind of time investment. Single player games can be beaten anywhere between 5 and 50 hours. They're one and done type experiences.
Like Skyrim, right?

If this were true then why is a recent feature like NG+ etc etc so widespread?

Great logic except for the part where new games are perpetually released on a rolling basis, LMFAO

Well, yeah. This is done purposely to not have audience capture overlap. Entertainment industry as a whole follows this format. Its success or failure at release isnt a depiction of it lining up with ones specific real world values.

Probably to keep the game in the headlines to increase sales but if we go by achievement/trophy data it shows that very few people complete them. Same with DLC. For example, 48% of people beat FFXVI which is actually quite high but only 3% beat Omega Weapon which is the DLC boss. Returnal one of my favorite games in recent years only has 1% of people beating the DLC. People typically beat the main game and move on to something else even if they make updates.

And to expand upon @Zazen post. NG+ is extremely easy to code for by the game developer. All your doing is importing select elements of a game save file state to a duplicated game mode renamed NG+ without the need for extensive play testing.

Back