Virtue Signaling in Gaming Megathread, v.1

@SaiWa If we want to say that the Curator list was just a troll job okay. The professed purpose was to identify SBI games so that they could stay away from them. The professed reason was because they believe that entity has dishonest and ideologically unsavory intent. We can argue about that and I'd listen to what you have to say.

If someone says it's crazy to try and figure out exactly how much influence, if any, that company would have on games, I think that's a good point. And if we want to talk about how it's nearly impossible to find a game that doesn't have some sort of political slant, or people with political slants working on it, I agree and again think that's a good point.

And if you want to say the group is just stupid, I mean okay. I got no issue there.

My problem is that both SBI and Kotaku staff tried to a) get the group dissolved, and b) tried to get the creator banned.

You can call me a crybaby but I don't think anyone is being unreasonable when they raise concern over a company and a major journalism site making a concerted effort to censor, limit or otherwise obstruct a person from playing the games they want and identifying games they don't want.

In regard to what you said about spliced videos and select clips you'll have no argument from me on that. Sure, people do that.

but he spares Thor? it's weak, it's obvious and disrespecting the trans community is rude. kratos character from the first three games to where he is at now, isn't a great arc. it's forced, obvious, and lazy in my opinion.
Don’t see how it was forced, Kratos had been through hell and back both metaphorically and literally. Dude had been miserable for years. He got older and had another chance at family. That’s going to make a person softer. It’s why you often hear about rock bands putting out softer music as they age and have families of their own. Personally I was glad he changed , as a fan of the character it’s nice to not always see him mad. He had 6 games of being one note, it was actually starting to get tiresome.

Don’t see how it was forced, Kratos had been through hell and back both metaphorically and literally. Dude had been miserable for years. He got older and had another chance at family. That’s going to make a person softer. It’s why you often hear about rock bands putting out softer music as they age and have families of their own. Personally I was glad he changed , as a fan of the character it’s nice to not always see him mad. He had 6 games of being one note, it was actually starting to get tiresome.
One note?

One note???

it was obviously forced, even the creator of GoW did not like the direction of new Kratos. He barely acts like Kratos. And rock bands still put out plenty of "heavy" music as they age, that is not true at all. You're just picking your own strange observations at this point.

it was obviously forced, even the creator of GoW did not like the direction of new Kratos. He barely acts like Kratos. And rock bands still put out plenty of "heavy" music as they age, that is not true at all. You're just picking your own strange observations at this point.
Lol that guy doesn’t like anything. He’s basically a troll at this point he tries to generate clicks based on dumb stuff he says. Nobody takes him seriously. Whatever man they’re universally loved for a reason.

Lol that guy doesn’t like anything. He’s basically a troll at this point he tries to generate clicks based on dumb stuff he says. Nobody takes him seriously. Whatever man they’re universally loved for a reason.
LOL... the creator of Kratos the God of War franchise is not to be taken seriously when he gives his opinion on the character/universe he created. That's hilarious. The sequels are not universally loved, you're clearly in denial.

LOL... the creator of Kratos the God of War franchise is not to be taken seriously when he gives his opinion on the character/universe he created. That's hilarious. The sequels are not universally loved, you're clearly in denial.
They’re absolutely universally loved. They outsell Spiderman now and have incredibly high user scores on both Steam and metacritic. Don’t mistake your opinion for representing a large percentage of people that play these games. You’re a tiny minority. He’s basically the face of PlayStation at this point even more so than he was originally. Also doing something great at one point in time doesn’t validate all future opinions.

They’re absolutely universally loved. They outsell Spiderman now and have incredibly high user scores on both Steam and metacritic. Don’t mistake your opinion for representing a large percentage of people that play these games. You’re one tiny minority. He’s basically the face of PlayStation at this point even more so than he was originally. Also doing something great at one point in time doesn’t validate all future opinions.
The fact that people disagree, means exactly that they are not universally loved. The creator does not agree or think that. That's not what universally loved means. I'd give the creators words more weight.

The fact that people disagree, means exactly that they are not universally loved. The creator does not agree or think that. That's not what universally loved means. I'd give the creators words more weight.
Thats fucking insane dude. Universally loved does not mean all 8 billion people on the planet must agree with one another. If that’s the case that term should never be applied to anything ever. Come on now… you’re better than this.

Thats fucking insane dude. Universally loved does not mean all 8 billion people on the planet must agree with one another. If that’s the case that term should never be applied to anything ever. Come on now… you’re better than this.
Insane? This is my opinion, not everyone agrees that the new GOW games are amazing. Sorry dude. You should be able to handle a difference of opinion. lol

Insane? This is my opinion, not everyone agrees that the new GOW games are amazing. Sorry dude. You should be able to handle a difference of opinion. lol
That’s not what I’m talking about now. How come you can’t follow a conversation properly? I have no issue with you disliking the game. I take issue with your interpretation of universally loved and you distorting how many people actually dislike the game.

That’s not what I’m talking about now. How come you can’t follow a conversation properly? I have no issue with you disliking the game. I take issue with your interpretation of universally loved and you distorting how many people actually dislike the game.
It ain't universally loved. the feeling or belief that GOW ragnarok is amazing is not shared by everyone, everywhere. that's not the meaning. people dislike the game, myself included and the original creator of the series. there's nothing hard to follow about that or "insane." LOL

It ain't universally loved. the feeling or belief that GOW ragnarok is amazing is not shared by everyone, everywhere. that's not the meaning. people dislike the game, myself included and the original creator of the series. there's nothing hard to follow about that or "insane." LOL
Nobody actually uses that term in that context because it’s an impossible metric to meet. You couldn’t even say music or dogs are universally loved using it that way. You’re arguing for the sake of argument. My issue is you misrepresenting how many people dislike this game. You act like it releases to mix reception. It was praised by both critics and users. It’s the number one selling game and wins many polls on what people consider the best PlayStation game currently. It outsells spiderman. Twitter isn’t real life dude

Nobody actually uses that term in that context because it’s an impossible metric to meet. You couldn’t even say music or dogs are universally loved using it that way. You’re arguing for the sake of argument. My issue is you misrepresenting how many people dislike this game. You act like it releases to mix reception. It was praised by both critics and users. It’s the number one selling game and wins many polls on what people consider the best PlayStation game currently. It outsells spiderman. Twitter isn’t real life dude
Because that's not what those words mean. Sorry dude. It's not universally loved. It can be successful by other metrics, and there can still be people that dislike it. It's OK bro. Just breathe. Not everyone likes the same stuff. Universally.

Because that's not what those words mean. Sorry dude. It's not universally loved. It can be successful by other metrics, and there can still be people that dislike it. It's OK bro. Just breathe. Not everyone likes the same stuff. Universally.
Didn't it get rated really high on MC? I haven't played it yet but only because I'm waiting for it to come out on PC, so I can't speak for my own personal experience but I feel like it has universal acclaim.

Didn't it get rated really high on MC? I haven't played it yet but only because I'm waiting for it to come out on PC, so I can't speak for my own personal experience but I feel like it has universal acclaim.
there are people that don't think it is good too, despite other metrics. that's all. more power to them. the two lines of thought can exist at the same time.

My issue is you're being obtuse. Nobody uses that term thinking that not even one person can disagree. Mario, Pokemon, Spider-Man are all universally loved and even though God of War reaches a smaller audience due to it being mature I put it in the same category. You can always find someone who will disagree with anything, that doesn't change the fact they are loved and enjoyed by most.

there are people that don't think it is good too, despite other metrics. that's all. more power to them. the two lines of thought can exist at the same time.
Sure but come on man, there is such a thing as critical mass. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but it sounds like you're saying that regardless of ratio, if there are people out there who don't like a game, it's not universally loved.

There are people who hate on Ocarina of Time just for the sake of hating.

My issue is you're being obtuse. Nobody uses that term thinking that not even one person can disagree. Mario, Pokemon, Spider-Man are all universally loved and even though God of War reaches a smaller audience due to it being mature I put it in the same category. You can always find someone who will disagree with anything, that doesn't change the fact they are loved and enjoyed by most.
sure and some people don't enjoy it. it's OK man. you don't have to get offended or worked up.

sure and some people don't enjoy it. it's OK man. you don't have to get offended or worked up.
Yes and that's fine. Again, you're not following the conversation. You're trying to misrepresent how many of you there are. That's my issue. It's a video game that is loved by the vast majority of the community. Stay off Twitter man, it's not real life. It's full of bitter terminally online people who don't enjoy anything and it warps your perception of reality.

Back