video of me dealing with a rowdy af crowd.

I'll start a new thread when the video is posted but I had a professional video taken so I can try to get into SXSW comedy next year but this was a really good show last night.

The last few weeks I've been getting booked nonstop. Last nights performance d (this video) got me three new gigs and talks of touring so check it out and let me know what you think.

Lot's of balls to get up there and do that...respect. I've written some stuff and have good comedic timing, but like most people, not quite ready to get up there. Keep working it!

Lot's of balls to get up there and do that...respect. I've written some stuff and have good comedic timing, but like most people, not quite ready to get up there. Keep working it!

I still throw up out of anxiety before some shows. Did last night and tonight. I've got my material pretty tight now though. As soon as my hand hits the mic I completely change.

Try an open mic night sometime! Especially at a comedy place. I grinded through bar open mics relentlessly and it's brutal.

I did two shows tonight, one at an actual comedy show with rules, professional production (first time wearing a cool ass microphone lol) and a good audience. Then went and did ten minutes at the bar in the OP and I'm beginning to absolutely hate it.

It's hard work being above the crowd. I noticed it alot with buskers that they would just learn to be really harsh critics of the audience while doing their gig.
If they are having a bad day or spend forty minutes on a show and get like $3, some of them start to get real snarky.
It's a by product of doing an ad lib job for a bunch of random people and it's tough to balance developing a thick shell, not taking shit and not being a complete prick to people because that's what you've put up with and we are so often a product of our environment.

I still throw up out of anxiety before some shows. Did last night and tonight. I've got my material pretty tight now though. As soon as my hand hits the mic I completely change.

Try an open mic night sometime! Especially at a comedy place. I grinded through bar open mics relentlessly and it's brutal.

I did two shows tonight, one at an actual comedy show with rules, professional production (first time wearing a cool ass microphone lol) and a good audience. Then went and did ten minutes at the bar in the OP and I'm beginning to absolutely hate it.
Looking forward to your Netflix special bro Keep on Grinding.

Back