Video: Lebron James former teammate Delonte West is now homeless and severly mentally ill

This dude had tons of other teammates but Lebron is the one that's supposed to help him? lol

man those of you that see this and think its funny or have the opinion that he "did it to himself" or whatever are seriously fucked up. calloused souls.

also hopefully the guy doing the beating in the video gets identified and is charged with attempted murder.

One of the most consistent precipitants of mental illness and drug abuse is trauma. Having worked with a number of psychotic individuals, there is likely no evolutionary advantage and psychosis is a result of "faulty wiring" and or environmental triggers. It MAY have some sort of fight or flight function but it is important to recognize there are various types of psychotic symtpomatology (acute, chronic, paranoid, delusional, etc).

Sorry, but "faulty wiring" falls in the domain of natural selection. It doesnt explain anything. (Granted recorded history of people could be said to too short a sample size.)

There are plenty of cases where people experience symptoms of mental illness with no "trauma".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.schizlife.com/john-nash-and-schizophrenia/amp/

It just turns out, those are the same people who can work past it without life-long psychiatric and psychological help.

I'm not trying to invalidate your work or opinions, but your field is tied to some big existential implications, which no one seems ready to address. For example, if we look at a floor that's not level we can describe in great detail what level is, almost to a 'T' using simple tools, classical physics, and language. We can do that for practically anything we have reasonable access to.

Now, how do you describe a normal mental state devoid of mental illness? What tool do you use to describe that? Bank account and spending analysis?Brain chemistry is often cited, yet effective diagnosing is lacking unless the brain chemistry is completely skewed.

Taking steps to help mental illness is only justified by the statistics of newly reported functionality obtained through treatment by people aligned with the person now seeking treatment.

It defies true understanding, objectively, so it must be rationalized through spiritual means or other powers of consciousness itself, such as introspection. Ideas like karma and a beyond. Friendship and trust.

That said psychiatric drugs are effective, mostly for their ability to put you to sleep, but some even have side effects that give you stronger erections, lol - like Seroquel.

Last edited:
Hope he gets the help he needs.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for Delonte if he can get some help though. The NBA has a pension program that is incredibly generous. Assuming he can make it to 62, He will be getting a pension of somewhere around $150K a year based on how long he played.

Sad shit, Lebron should help his dad out.

Fixed

Very sad story tho. My guess is that he's self-medicating and not willing to accept help at this point

That stomping was disgusting. Really hope the perp is brought to justice

man those of you that see this and think its funny or have the opinion that he "did it to himself" or whatever are seriously fucked up. calloused souls.

also hopefully the guy doing the beating in the video gets identified and is charged with attempted murder.
you're the kind of poster that replies with "thoughts and prayers" to threads about fucked up shit. you're not better that those posters you mentioned. you just post like you are.

That guys intent was to kill him for sure, why keep stomping on his head while his body is already limp and out cold

you're the kind of poster that replies with "thoughts and prayers" to threads about fucked up shit. you're not better that those posters you mentioned. you just post like you are.
That dude is an Atheist bro, he never said any of that lol

I have literally never said "thoughts and prayers" and you literally dont know anything about me.

and yes, I am better than you. deal with it

guy clearly lost everything from severe mental illness and the reaction from some of you is "fuck em hes a loser." One day it might happen to one of your family members and then you will feel like a massive moron

I have literally never said "thoughts and prayers" and you literally dont know anything about me.

and yes, I am better than you. deal with it

guy clearly lost everything from severe mental illness and the reaction from some of you is "fuck em hes a loser." One day it might happen to one of your family members and then you will feel like a massive moron
Tldr

Would be crazy if Delonte meant destitute in ebonics.

Man that’s fucking sad. Hopefully he gets whatever help he needs, whether it be for drugs or natural mental illness.

Meh, homeless + mentally ill is like a vision quest. Back in the 1920s people used to hop freight trains for a few years before settling down into gainful employment.

That's one perspective that makes light of the situation.

Hearing voices is interesting. I mean think about it, what evolutionary advantage would there be to imagining voices that aren't your own? I'd like to hear what Darwin would say about that.

Maybe the inescapable conclusion is that the voices are real in some way?

Anyhow, not a psych major but things that contribute to mental illness imo: lack of SLEEP!, untreated health problems, uncleanliness /bad hygiene, lack of respect for people's futures or people in general, over reliance on family, controlling behavior with manipulative tendencies. Greed.

And yeah, I think drugs contribute too, but it's more like they contribute to all of the above being problems than they are actual direct causes. Make what sense of this that you will.

Its not a evolutionary advantage its a glitch. Not everything gets weeded out by evolution.

No he is better. An asshole who disparages and makes fun of mentally ill people is worse than 'thoughts and prayers' guy.

I was an alcoholic and then a drug addict myself through most of my 20s until I figured out better coping mechanisms.

Do you suffer from mental illness? Not making a joke either, serious question, cause I believe I do and would like suggestions on how I can get the right help I need.

Back