Video: Lebron James former teammate Delonte West is now homeless and severly mentally ill

some are crazy enough to get addicted to drugs though
Um.... ok? Not too surprising if you understand how addiction works. Not having a problem isn't the same thing as being morally superior to someone that does have that problem.

i know addiction hits hard but i cant never understand how millionaries just lose it all

This dude used to lay pipe on Lebron's mom.

Meh, homeless + mentally ill is like a vision quest. Back in the 1920s people used to hop freight trains for a few years before settling down into gainful employment.

That's one perspective that makes light of the situation.

Hearing voices is interesting. I mean think about it, what evolutionary advantage would there be to imagining voices that aren't your own? I'd like to hear what Darwin would say about that.

Maybe the inescapable conclusion is that the voices are real in some way?

Anyhow, not a psych major but things that contribute to mental illness imo: lack of SLEEP!, untreated health problems, uncleanliness /bad hygiene, lack of respect for people's futures or people in general, over reliance on family, controlling behavior with manipulative tendencies. Greed.

And yeah, I think drugs contribute too, but it's more like they contribute to all of the above being problems than they are actual direct causes. Make what sense of this that you will.

Sad see this guy degenerate into this condition. If he's seriously mentally ill, maybe he can check himself in the psych ward for a couple months. Get detox and get some needed psychological help.

Delonte west used to fuck on ya moms. Y’all ever hear that fuck bron bron song? Haha

That was an unholy beat down he took in that video.

People that haven't lived it or witnessed it have no idea how fucked up it is.

If you're low income your access to care is limited. Their answer to everything is to push pills on you, but most people need therapy and to learn healthy ways to cope with extreme emotions.

I basically felt like an absolute lunatic that was also on her period from like 16 to 26. Pills either fucked me up worse or interacted badly with all the booze and drugs I was on.

They told me not to drink or do drugs on the meds, but by the time you get to the point of trying to kill yourself you are in crisis. You are OUT of coping resources. Asking someone in that spot to quit drugs and alcohol cold turkey while offering no real rehabilitation options or extra resources.....

<puh-lease75>

Man im glad you are doing okay brother, how were you able to keep it in check?

Hearing voices is interesting. I mean think about it, what evolutionary advantage would there be to imagining voices that aren't your own? I'd like to hear what Darwin would say about that.

Maybe the inescapable conclusion is that the voices are real in some way?

Anyhow, not a psych major but things that contribute to mental illness imo: lack of SLEEP!, untreated health problems, uncleanliness /bad hygiene, lack of respect for people's futures or people in general, over reliance on family, controlling behavior with manipulative tendencies. Greed.

One of the most consistent precipitants of mental illness and drug abuse is trauma. Having worked with a number of psychotic individuals, there is likely no evolutionary advantage and psychosis is a result of "faulty wiring" and or environmental triggers. It MAY have some sort of fight or flight function but it is important to recognize there are various types of psychotic symtpomatology (acute, chronic, paranoid, delusional, etc).

Delonte west used to fuck on ya moms. Y’all ever hear that fuck bron bron song? Haha
Bro is there truth to this or was it just a rumor started by some trolls on the hip hop and hoops forums back in the day?

That was an unholy beat down he took in that video.
yeah im surprised he was still alive that dude was pretty tall himself and was stomping him out, I wonder if the guy stomping him was like Russian or Eastern euro those dudes dont play. I also want to know what triggered it, did Delonte threaten to kill the dude and punch him or something nobody has video of that.

Jesus that's fucking sad. He sounds completely out of it in the 1st vid. How big of a piece of shit do you got to be to stomp out a guy in that condition?

Can't believe he's got nobody in his life to help him out (family, ex-teamates, friends, nba, cavs, etc.). Hope he gets the help he needs.

i know addiction hits hard but i cant never understand how millionaries just lose it all

I think his baby mom left him and took all the money in courts, so he ended up broke. That right there is enough to turn a man insane.

Is he a crack head or what? Why should I feel bad?

I've worked with mentally ill people much of my adult life and this one is especially sad to me. I was able to see him up close with the Celtics when he was a promising rookie from St. Joe's. He had a lot of talent but his demons took control of him. This isn't all drug abuse but I'm sure some of it is. He has schizophrenia and that is an illness that can come on later in life. It's terrifying and there is no cure...it is just left poorly managed. Really sad.

The comments in this thread just prove that a bunch of ignorant and abhorrent people are active in these forums. Many of you need to seriously check yourselves.

Everyone's responsible for their choices. That's a nothing statement and has nothing to do with whether we should help people or not.

Another fun fact: mentally ill people did not make a choice to be crazy.

I think the main issue is how can we help him? A lot of times these people don't want to be trapped in facilities where you are helping them. They can get very violent if you try and stop them.

Back