Video: California Jack in the Box employee and Drive Thru customer argue over order

Of course you degenerates would blame the deaf lady. You realize that drive through fast food usually says on the board to pull to the window if you're deaf or disabled. She did the right thing, and who fucking cares if she taped the incident? There would be no problem if that employee wasn't a piece of shit about the situation.

I hope she gets free food for life from those fucks.

Of course you degenerates would blame the deaf lady. You realize that drive through fast food usually says on the board to pull to the window if you're deaf or disabled. She did the right thing, and who fucking cares if she taped the incident? There would be no problem if that employee wasn't a piece of shit about the situation.

Why didnt her son order for her she is an opportunist. They only started filming when it reached a boiling point.

nobody is attacking DEAF people, just this woman, so being deaf makes you immune to criticism?

I remember when i knocked out the Del Taco manager. Orale Carnal.

I have never seen a sign saying deaf or disabled people should pull up to the window at any drive through I've used. Can a minimum wage employee be expected to understand sign language? Sign language interpreters make over $25/hour. We don't know how the whole thing started. We only see the end result. It is very common to be asked to pull ahead or pull around and wait if there is going to be a delay in being able to provide the customer's order because there was no delay between the order and arriving at the pick up window.

As I posted earlier, there are any number of text to speech or speech to text apps available for use on a smart phone. In the past, I met a deaf person who had note pads that said "I am deaf, please write your message here" for people to write things down if they can't understand by lip reading and for him to write an answer. There is so much more technology available today to help people.

I think the whole thing is just an attempt to extort money.

I have never seen a sign saying deaf or disabled people should pull up to the window at any drive through I've used. Can a minimum wage employee be expected to understand sign language? Sign language interpreters make over $25/hour. We don't know how the whole thing started. We only see the end result. It is very common to be asked to pull ahead or pull around and wait if there is going to be a delay in being able to provide the customer's order because there was no delay between the order and arriving at the pick up window.

As I posted earlier, there are any number of text to speech or speech to text apps available for use on a smart phone. In the past, I met a deaf person who had note pads that said "I am deaf, please write your message here" for people to write things down if they can't understand by lip reading and for him to write an answer. There is so much more technology available today to help people.

Ive pulled over to the parking lot plenty of times at mcdonalds or in and out burgers, when the line is long and someone would come outside and take our order and they would bring it out to us. This woman knew what she was doing here lol at pulling up to a drive thru while deaf and getting mad at the guy for not knowing she was deaf.

The woman has entitlement mentality. Just because she is deaf doesn't mean she is infallible. She obviously was being a pain in the ass and refused to move even when there was a compromise by the worker, he said he would have someone take their order but she didnt want to budge.

I like how she has her son in the seat next to her filming and he isn't saying shit, its all planned out the mom knew what she was doing. This is what disgusts me with modern society with all these cell phones and social media, you get scumbag opportunists and attention seekers like this crying victim. Real Victims dont act like this they dont seek attention.

Why didnt her son order for her she is an opportunist. They only started filming when it reached a boiling point.

nobody is attacking DEAF people, just this woman, so being deaf makes you immune to criticism?

Why does the son have to order for her when she has every right as a citizen to order her own food with dignity?

Bring disabled doesn't make you immune to criticism, but there's nothing to criticize in her actions. She went to the drive through to order food like she is legally and ethically allowed to do. If the employee had done his job correctly then there would be no boiling point to take advantage of. The situation only occurred because the employee did the wrong thing, which is why he was fired.

Without her son filming this discrimination, there would be no evidence for her claims that the employee was being a piece of shit who was violating the Americans with Disability Act.

She's not mute, she's deaf. So there's no need for knowing sign language. Clearly she can speak. Fast food companies have policy to handle hearing/speech disabled citizens. If you haven't seen the policy on a sign then it's only because you haven't looked for it. I've seen it on a dozen different fast food drive through signs personally from McDonald's to Taco Bell. The customer is directed to pull to the first window for assistance. That's literally the policy because there ADA legally covers drive throughs. The minimum wage worker doesn't need to know sign language, they need to know the law. The manager should have a menu or another tool to use for the order.

So a citizen trying to legally order food is trying to extort the company? You guys are fucking insane. If the employee didn't act like a fucking retard there would be no video worth watching and there would be nothing to "extort". She had every right to be pissed off at that employee for disrespecting her like that and the company agrees with me because they fired him already.

Clearly dude isn’t suited for a customer service position so she did him a favor.

Literally no sense in arguing with her because she didn’t use the fucking speaker. Take her order and you’re good. Also as someone else mentioned, the inside was likely closed at that time.

Why does the son have to order for her when she has every right as a citizen to order her own food with dignity?

Bring disabled doesn't make you immune to criticism, but there's nothing to criticize in her actions. She went to the drive through to order food like she is legally and ethically allowed to do. If the employee had done his job correctly then there would be no boiling point to take advantage of. The situation only occurred because the employee did the wrong thing, which is why he was fired.

Without her son filming this discrimination, there would be no evidence for her claims that the employee was being a piece of shit who was violating the Americans with Disability Act.

She's not mute, she's deaf. So there's no need for knowing sign language. Clearly she can speak. Fast food companies have policy to handle hearing/speech disabled citizens. If you haven't seen the policy on a sign then it's only because you haven't looked for it. I've seen it on a dozen different fast food drive through signs personally from McDonald's to Taco Bell. The customer is directed to pull to the first window for assistance. That's literally the policy because there ADA legally covers drive throughs. The minimum wage worker doesn't need to know sign language, they need to know the law. The manager should have a menu or another tool to use for the order.

So a citizen trying to legally order food is trying to extort the company? You guys are fucking insane. If the employee didn't act like a fucking retard there would be no video worth watching and there would be nothing to "extort". She had every right to be pissed off at that employee for disrespecting her like that and the company agrees with me because they fired him already.
you sound like a fellow extortionist defending another one

If she can talk, why didn't she use the speaker to order? It sounds like he took her order and asked her to pull over so they could bring the order to her. She thought she was entitled to different treatment than everyone else. I still suspect that both the woman and the employee were in on this. Some people with disabilities are just assholes who think they should be treated better than everyone else.

If she can talk, why didn't she use the speaker to order? It sounds like he took her order and asked her to pull over so they could bring the order to her. She thought she was entitled to different treatment than everyone else. I still suspect that both the woman and the employee were in on this. Some people with disabilities are just assholes who think they should be treated better than everyone else.
lol it sounds like she also didn't talk on purpose. Her son was there so Im guessing she just said our planned worked the cars started honking and she pulled up and said she can only read lips she is deaf.

well then why do you go to a intercom dummy and how come your son didnt say mom give the man your order and signal you. The son was ready with his camera though lol

If she can't hear the person on the speaker then how is she supposed to know when to talk or if the person properly heard her order?

Seriously you guys are fucking insane for pretending like she went out of her way to cause a scene. All she did was pull up to the window to order a meal because she couldn't hear at the speaker. This wouldn't be a news article if the employee just took her order. And when he claims to have taken it and asked her to move to the side he didn't even take a payment. Since when does it work like that? I've never been sent to the side without payment being processed first. He was clearly just trying to push her along when she had every right to get served.

As a disabled person she literally is entitled to special treatment. That's what the ADA is. It's special treatment for disabled citizens so they can do the same thing as everyone else. She shouldn't have to rely on her passenger to place an order at a Jack in the Box because the company has a procedure for this. The procedure is to have the person go directly to the window and place an order there. It's the exact same procedure at any other fast food drive through, and feel free to go verify.

Even if she was in the wrong or was trying to make a scene, which I highly doubt, the employee had zero right to treat her with such disrespect over the situation. I don't see why nobody is asking why he had to be such a jackass.

If she can't hear the person on the speaker then how is she supposed to know when to talk or if the person properly heard her order?

Seriously you guys are fucking insane for pretending like she went out of her way to cause a scene. All she did was pull up to the window to order a meal because she couldn't hear at the speaker. This wouldn't be a news article if the employee just took her order. And when he claims to have taken it and asked her to move to the side he didn't even take a payment. Since when does it work like that? I've never been sent to the side without payment being processed first. He was clearly just trying to push her along when she had every right to get served.

As a disabled person she literally is entitled to special treatment. That's what the ADA is. It's special treatment for disabled citizens so they can do the same thing as everyone else. She shouldn't have to rely on her passenger to place an order at a Jack in the Box because the company has a procedure for this. The procedure is to have the person go directly to the window and place an order there. It's the exact same procedure at any other fast food drive through, and feel free to go verify.

Even if she was in the wrong or was trying to make a scene, which I highly doubt, the employee had zero right to treat her with such disrespect over the situation. I don't see why nobody is asking why he had to be such a jackass.
Nobody is attacking deaf people, but you are defending this opportunist as if you were there in the car. She is an opportunist, she is also partial deaf so she still has some hearing. dont you find it funny her son is sitting next to her and they only put up a video at a certain point in the argument after she probably held up the line for 30 minutes just sitting there not talking to the guy acting like a spoiled brat waiting to tick or trigger him

Nobody is attacking deaf people, but you are defending this opportunist as if you were there in the car. She is an opportunist, she is also partial deaf so she still has some hearing. dont you find it funny her son is sitting next to her and they only put up a video at a certain point in the argument after she probably held up the line for 30 minutes just sitting there not talking to the guy acting like a spoiled brat waiting to tick or trigger him

You guys are definitely victim blaming and it's pretty fucking trashy to be frank about it. Are you really going to try and debate about how deaf she is or isn't? It really doesn't matter at all if she's partially deaf or completely deaf. She is disabled and needed to order at the window as that is the standard ADA procedure.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with them video taping discrimination as proof of the incident. If they didn't film it then it's highly likely nobody would believe her. The only reason it was taped to begin with was because the employee was being a piece of shit about the customer needing help due to a disability. The fact that the video starts so late into the argument also tells me that they started taping after the employee was being a piece of shit and that they didn't just go through the drive through hoping for a problem. Again what does it matter if they video taped the interaction? If the employee wasn't a shitbag during the interaction then would be a boring video with no issues.

I really don't care how long she sat in the car waiting, nor do I care who else was in the car. The fact is really simple. She is a disabled person who needed to place an order and she couldn't use the normal ordering process so she went through the correct and reasonable ADA procedure.

There's a clear and obvious reason the employee was fired by the company after the incident. The employee was rude and discriminatory towards a customer and it was completely unnecessary and unacceptable. The customer should have been treated with respect and she wasn't.

That drive thru order taker deserves a $15.00 an hour living wage if I ever saw one.

Order taker is a complete retard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back